Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why should I use steam turbines with big reactors when I can just get power directly?
Because its more effective I believe. You loose power by the cooling being less effective, but gain power from the turbine to more than match the power lost.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Is there (in Monster preferably or any other mod) the possibility of making beams like Beacons which can be interrupted? Particularly looking for some way of having beams connect two points and then go no further(diagonal beams would be cool, but vertical like beacons would also be great).

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there (in Monster preferably or any other mod) the possibility of making beams like Beacons which can be interrupted? Particularly looking for some way of having beams connect two points and then go no further(diagonal beams would be cool, but vertical like beacons would also be great).
Depending on what you're using it for, Buildcraft Landmarks might work. That's the only thing i know of that does something similar.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Not exactly a simple question, but I've been trying to create a Mystcraft age for me to live in. Sadly, I suck at the mod, and the only ages I've been able to make are either unstable or don't turn out as I imagine. Is there any way for me to create a void age with a black sky and no structures whatsoever? With the pages I have so far, I still have structures.

My (currently failing) pages:

Basic Link Panel
Single Biome/Mushroom Island Biome
Void World
Zero Length/Zenith Phase/Dark Sun
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Ender Starfield
Black Color/Sky Color
Boundless Sky
Normal Lighting
No Weather
Clear Modifiers

I didn't see a reply for this. But I hope this helps. Try to use this http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:overworld-clones as a guide and just make simple changes to the pages. For example instead of "Native Biome Controller" use two pages Mushroom Island Biome & Single Biome. Make sure that the biome come before Single Biome. Also, dark sun take no modifiers so the zero lenth, zenith have no effect. However, normal, normal moon do take those modifiers. You also need to specify a direction with them. Also, if you trying to create a void age it might be easier specify sky biome (the biome for the end) instead of mushroom island biome.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Question:

Take a look at RotaryCraft flood lights (I think that's what they're called).

Reactions: madnewmy and Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Take a look at RotaryCraft flood lights (I think that's what they're called).
Sadly all the floodlights do is light up a cylinder of varying length depending on power provided afaik. There is no "beam animation" or anything which is more what I am looking for. Rotarycraft does add the Lightbridge which sort of does what I am looking for, but only vertically obviously.[DOUBLEPOST=1399405339][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depending on what you're using it for, Buildcraft Landmarks might work. That's the only thing i know of that does something similar.
Yeah looking for something a bit more "spectacular" :p

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged on and my thaumcraft research is reset AGAIN. Anyone have any info on this? My research is just completely reset, I didn't change any files or anything.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged on and my thaumcraft research is reset AGAIN. Anyone have any info on this? My research is just completely reset, I didn't change any files or anything.
I have no idea. :/ My only advice is keep a Thaumcraft cheat sheet in a nearby strongbox.

jetx9300

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in monster 1.1.1 and I thought making a pop up computercraft monitor would be awesome using drawbridges. I tried it out and it turned my advanced monitors into disk drives. Then I put the disk drives in to see what would happen and it turned them into wireless modems. Is this a known issue? Hopefully with a fix coming soon?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in monster 1.1.1 and I thought making a pop up computercraft monitor would be awesome using drawbridges. I tried it out and it turned my advanced monitors into disk drives. Then I put the disk drives in to see what would happen and it turned them into wireless modems. Is this a known issue? Hopefully with a fix coming soon?
Maybe try using drawbridges to move blocks/covers over the monitor? Kinda interested in why that happened though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jetx9300

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe try using drawbridges to move blocks/covers over the monitor? Kinda interested in why that happened though

The whole reason I want to have them pop up is because they would be in front of these huge bay windows. I thought it would be cool to retract the monitors when I didn't need them so you could see the view

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
How would that be? Yes I have a chunk loader but I was physically there, the chunk loader wasn't what was keeping the area loaded
Research is saved on your player.DAT file so it's nothing you did in-game.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
How would that be? Yes I have a chunk loader but I was physically there, the chunk loader wasn't what was keeping the area loaded

That was a response to a question about TC4, not yours. To your question, it sounds like the drawbridges are changing the metadata attached to the CC blocks. I wouldn't use them to move the monitors because of that, it might cause some weirder issues than that data change.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I
I have no idea. :/ My only advice is keep a Thaumcraft cheat sheet in a nearby strongbox.
I only got like 5 researches done before it happened so it wasn't too bad, I am just gonna stop using thaumcraft for a while probably til 1.7 packs start coming out.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I

I only got like 5 researches done before it happened so it wasn't too bad, I am just gonna stop using thaumcraft for a while probably til 1.7 packs start coming out.

What TC4 version are you on? I know some of the earlier versions had a bug where you would lose research and aspects.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
What TC4 version are you on? I know some of the earlier versions had a bug where you would lose research and aspects.
The latest 4.1.0g[DOUBLEPOST=1399412612][/DOUBLEPOST]The reset thing happened to me twice in my current TPPI world, once in an old TPPI world, and once in a custom magic pack I made(I quit that pack because of that big assuming it was my fault with the mods I chose)