Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Getting near to a certain area in my world causes massive lag to the client. Killing entities through the console does nothing. Deleting the relevant chunks through MCEdit does nothing. Server logs show nothing. Client console logs show nothing, even on debug.

So the question is, does anyone know of a way that I can narrow down the specific cause?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Getting near to a certain area in my world causes massive lag to the client. Killing entities through the console does nothing. Deleting the relevant chunks through MCEdit does nothing. Server logs show nothing. Client console logs show nothing, even on debug.

So the question is, does anyone know of a way that I can narrow down the specific cause?

Anything active in the area? Could be something bizarre and worldgen-y like a skeleton spawner above a lava flow causing mob drops to pile up or something stupid. (and yes, I have seen this happen once in vanilla)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Anything active in the area? Could be something bizarre and worldgen-y like a skeleton spawner above a lava flow causing mob drops to pile up or something stupid. (and yes, I have seen this happen once in vanilla)
My suspicion is that it either has to do with an abandoned mineshaft or the ocean in that area; what's ticking me off to no end is that I wiped the entire area clean in MCEdit and the lag continued; whatever is causing it is likely regenerating.

If I can't track it down, next move is to replace it with blank chunks and evaporate the ocean in the area.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

filimaryus

Jul 29, 2019
Er. Quarry and hope to hit a dungeon? Hire someone to play for you?

Not to be too snarky, but they don't come any other way. About the lowest-effort option I can give you for finding chests is to make either a Mystcraft void age with mineshafts, nether forts, etc or to make a single biome Magic Forest age and look under spider-infested greatwood trees.

"Quarry and hope to hit a dungeon?" - no luck there
"Hire someone to play for you?" - funny... I guess
"...and look under spider-infested greatwood trees" - interesting idea, I'll be sure to check this out when I have some Myst pages

Anyway, in the last couple of days i found 3 division sigils in some caves close to spawn.... weird stuff :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
"Quarry and hope to hit a dungeon?" - no luck there
"Hire someone to play for you?" - funny... I guess
"...and look under spider-infested greatwood trees" - interesting idea, I'll be sure to check this out when I have some Myst pages

Anyway, in the last couple of days i found 3 division sigils in some caves close to spawn.... weird stuff :)

You don't need Myst pages to get spider infested greatwood trees... They're sparse but not uncommon on both Monster and DW20, at least in a default world generation. Lots of good loot can drop there. I received two portal guns, a non-activated sigil and a named pick from one chest...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need Myst pages to get spider infested greatwood trees... They're sparse but not uncommon on both Monster and DW20, at least in a default world generation. Lots of good loot can drop there. I received two portal guns, a non-activated sigil and a named pick from one chest...
You don't need them, no. I was suggesting it as a convenient way to farm chests, as he was, by his own admission, sick of hunting them.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently gotten into FTB and I'm attempting to start a small server. I played Unleashed and was able to install MCPC on it with no problem. However I recently decided to upgrade to Monster and I seem to have run into a major problem with compatibility with MCPC. I'm using Monster 1.1.1 and MCPC for Minecraft 1.6.4. When I play on the server, MCPC causes massive lag, where chests opening and devices such as drawbridges are delayed. In addition, when fighting mobs lag spikes make it incredibly difficult to fight them.

I don't know much about MCPC or how it works (or really about plugins and servers), but is there something I should be doing differently? The only plugins I have are Essentials. Worldedit and Worldguard.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently gotten into FTB and I'm attempting to start a small server. I played Unleashed and was able to install MCPC on it with no problem. However I recently decided to upgrade to Monster and I seem to have run into a major problem with compatibility with MCPC. I'm using Monster 1.1.1 and MCPC for Minecraft 1.6.4. When I play on the server, MCPC causes massive lag, where chests opening and devices such as drawbridges are delayed. In addition, when fighting mobs lag spikes make it incredibly difficult to fight them.

I don't know much about MCPC or how it works (or really about plugins and servers), but is there something I should be doing differently? The only plugins I have are Essentials. Worldedit and Worldguard.
How much RAM do you have dedicated? Monster needs significantly more RAM then Unleashed. Like, 3-4 gigs on a server(for 2-4 players).

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

I'm afraid that as per this post, FTB doesn't support MCPC+ and doesn't offer tech support for it.

That being said, I do recommend if your server is lagging (although they are somewhat outdated) to implement the JVM arguments here.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Ho okay, how do I make an efficient research about that or which machine allows me to change EU to RF ? I used Electrical Engines on FTB Ultimate
Well Electrical Engines make buildcraft power so they will not work. If you have a lot of Ic2 power you could use that to run a tree farm or something. (MFR Planter and harvester should work.) And feed the wood into something to make charcoal and use that in steam dynamos to make RF.

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Well Electrical Engines make buildcraft power so they will not work. If you have a lot of Ic2 power you could use that to run a tree farm or something. (MFR Planter and harvester should work.) And feed the wood into something to make charcoal and use that in steam dynamos to make RF.
I actually plan that too. But the most important is to convert IC² power to use Buildcraft machines and Applied Energistics machines on the first step because storage is the most important thing to accomplish IMO. I fill chests so fast it's a mess yet.

I knew on the previous versions but not this one.
And I can't figure how to use Power Converters

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I actually plan that too. But the most important is to convert IC² power to use Buildcraft machines and Applied Energistics machines on the first step because storage is the most important thing to accomplish IMO. I fill chests so fast it's a mess yet.

I knew on the previous versions but not this one.
And I can't figure how to use Power Converters
Well RF makes buildcraft power, so whatever you do it is really good to make RF. Also for power converters YouTube and Google are good things to use.

Krands

Jul 29, 2019
Well RF makes buildcraft power, so whatever you do it is really good to make RF. Also for power converters YouTube and Google are good things to use.
Yup i usually use them but sometimes I like to get answers from the community ! I saw a YouTuber who was making very nice videos but I lost his name :(

Thank you ! ♥

Reactions: Loxinnightwalker

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM do you have dedicated? Monster needs significantly more RAM then Unleashed. Like, 3-4 gigs on a server(for 2-4 players).

The problem is not RAM, it is MCPC itself. I've tested performance on the server with and without MCPC and MCPC is definitely the problem. The next poster explained the origin of my problem, but thank you for taking the time to answer.

I'm afraid that as per this post, FTB doesn't support MCPC+ and doesn't offer tech support for it.

That being said, I do recommend if your server is lagging (although they are somewhat outdated) to implement the JVM arguments here.

Thank you, this explains my problem. However, now my problem is a lack of basic plugins. I know very little about how plugins work, but isn't Bukkit or MCPC required to have them? If so, is there an alternative way in which to have working plugins? I've seen people play on Monster servers on Youtube with basic plugins, but they don't seem to have any sort of compatibility issue (or at least as far as I can tell).

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much power you need to run all 4 operations on a rotarycraft extractor at max speed?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much power you need to run all 4 operations on a rotarycraft extractor at max speed?
I'm pretty sure they can take anything you throw at them. I've seen a person on a server I play on process a stack of or in about 2 seconds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk