Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing with Ars Magica 2 for the first time and i'm in the process of attempting to maybe almost make my first spell. I've got the altar set up with Witchwood and Glass with a Neutral nexus nearby(about 3 blocks away). I made the Crystal Wrench and a Magitech's Staff and tried linking the Nexus and the altar. The nexus is at about 20% and i get the little beam of light when i hit it with the wrench, but i can't seem to get it to transfer energy to the Altar. Any idea of what i'm missing? I even made a mana battery to see if it was needed but i can't get the nexus to link with it either. Right click the energy source with the wrench then the destination, right?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing with Ars Magica 2 for the first time and i'm in the process of attempting to maybe almost make my first spell. I've got the altar set up with Witchwood and Glass with a Neutral nexus nearby(about 3 blocks away). I made the Crystal Wrench and a Magitech's Staff and tried linking the Nexus and the altar. The nexus is at about 20% and i get the little beam of light when i hit it with the wrench, but i can't seem to get it to transfer energy to the Altar. Any idea of what i'm missing? I even made a mana battery to see if it was needed but i can't get the nexus to link with it either. Right click the energy source with the wrench then the destination, right?
Once the altar and the nexus are connected, you need to pull the switch on the altar when it's time for energy to be added to the spell.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Once the altar and the nexus are connected, you need to pull the switch on the altar when it's time for energy to be added to the spell.
Also make sure that you're using the right type of essence- if the spell wants Light Essence, you have to build a Light Nexus and wait. Same goes for Neutral Essence and the Neutral Nexus (or whatever it's called- the one with stone bricks and blue chalk) and Dark Essence and the Dark Nexus.

There was also a bug in some version of Ars Magica on Forgecraft where linking things with the Crystal Wrench didn't work well. You're probably not using that version of the mod, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Also make sure that you're using the right type of essence- if the spell wants Light Essence, you have to build a Light Nexus and wait. Same goes for Neutral Essence and the Neutral Nexus (or whatever it's called- the one with stone bricks and blue chalk) and Dark Essence and the Dark Nexus.

There was also a bug in some version of Ars Magica on Forgecraft where linking things with the Crystal Wrench didn't work well. You're probably not using that version of the mod, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I was making the Regen+Heal spell, and it required Neutral. I was using a Neutral nexus.

The main issue, and I found this out after going back through DW20 episodes for about 1/2 a hour, is that the particle effects don't start until after you throw in the first item. I've made the the different Nexus and some of the machines before, but this was my first time trying to make a spell.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I was making the Regen+Heal spell, and it required Neutral. I was using a Neutral nexus.

The main issue, and I found this out after going back through DW20 episodes for about 1/2 a hour, is that the particle effects don't start until after you throw in the first item. I've made the the different Nexus and some of the machines before, but this was my first time trying to make a spell.
General rule of thumb when playing a pack, even if you don't get the visual confirmation you were expecting, give it a try anyway. Graphical stuff is unreliable at best with so many mods interacting.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

filimaryus

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Lite 2 - 1.6.4 with Extra Utilities, AE, mystcraft... and few other mods added to the pack. I've started the world roughly 1 month ago and after looting a couple of dozen dungeon / mine-shaft chests I've yet to encounter a single division sigil...

Q: How can I get one, knowing i'm not able to craft it and honestly i'm tired of exploring caves??? :)
PS: on the other hand I've got 21 ender lilies, so XU stuff is generated.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Lite 2 - 1.6.4 with Extra Utilities, AE, mystcraft... and few other mods added to the pack. I've started the world roughly 1 month ago and after looting a couple of dozen dungeon / mine-shaft chests I've yet to encounter a single division sigil...

Q: How can I get one, knowing i'm not able to craft it and honestly i'm tired of exploring caves??? :)
Er. Quarry and hope to hit a dungeon? Hire someone to play for you?

Not to be too snarky, but they don't come any other way. About the lowest-effort option I can give you for finding chests is to make either a Mystcraft void age with mineshafts, nether forts, etc or to make a single biome Magic Forest age and look under spider-infested greatwood trees.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Kill a wither. They drop sigils.

Hire someone to play for you?
Not to be too snarky, but they don't come any other way.
Wrong, and wrong. Wrong in that it was extremely snarky, and wrong in that it's incorrect.

Reactions: PierceSG

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong, and wrong. Wrong in that it was extremely snarky, and wrong in that it's incorrect.
I was utterly unaware of the Wither drop; colour me firmly corrected.

As for the snark, well, perhaps. I'm not always perfect. But I did make an effort to help regardless.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
playing agrarian skies. I can not get the fluid import bus to switch off. I can put it to only work with a redstone signal and it still imports. I have 6kilo's of lava in my system. I want to limit it. Am i doing something wrong. I put the fluid level emiter and tell it to emit a signal when it is over 4000000MB which is 4000 buckets i think. Well it never cuts of. I even tried to tell it to emit when 1mb of lava just to see if it would work, and it still keeps accepting more lava. What am i doing wrong.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
playing agrarian skies. I can not get the fluid import bus to switch off. I can put it to only work with a redstone signal and it still imports. I have 6kilo's of lava in my system. I want to limit it. Am i doing something wrong. I put the fluid level emiter and tell it to emit a signal when it is over 4000000MB which is 4000 buckets i think. Well it never cuts of. I even tried to tell it to emit when 1mb of lava just to see if it would work, and it still keeps accepting more lava. What am i doing wrong.
If it's the same as the fluid import bus in a normal modpack, you need to right-click the bus and change the Redstone behaviour from "Always active" to "active without signal", I believe. If you set it to only work with a signal, that means it'll only start working if it gets a signal from the level emitter.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
If it's the same as the fluid import bus in a normal modpack, you need to right-click the bus and change the Redstone behaviour from "Always active" to "active without signal", I believe. If you set it to only work with a signal, that means it'll only start working if it gets a signal from the level emitter.

I did this and it still accepts. I got my item ones working. The fluid ones are just not stopping like the item ones are.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I did this and it still accepts. I got my item ones working. The fluid ones are just not stopping like the item ones are.
I'm unsure, then. I got out of the habit of using level emitters before ExtraCells was a thing because they kept screwing up my MAC crafting.

Can you shut the fluid bus off with just a regular switch?

Mirality

Jul 29, 2019
I always used to make electrum using the "pulverise gold and silver, make dust and smelt" method rather than using the induction smelter. This time my i'm trying to make my autocrafting system use the IS for all available tasks. This becomes a problem when I try to make hardened glass and electrum for conduits and energy cells as it sends two different jobs to the induction smelter at the same time and everything gets all jumbled up.
There's a toggle on the left side of the ME Interface for "blocking mode". Make sure you set this to "blocking", and the interface will not push a second recipe for crafting until the first has completed. It's perfect for induction smelters; you don't need to do anything else special, just load the recipes as you'd expect.

First check if you have another tesseract pulling the liquid out. Check if they are both on the same frequency and on the good settings. Any redstone signal around? If it's all good, check the changelog for thermal expansion for that version of TE and you might want to try to update TE in your version.
Frequency and settings were good. There were no other tesseracts. I tried both with and without the fluiduct set to output and with and without a servo. I don't know whether it was actually deleting the essence or just buffering it somewhere, but it definitely wasn't going through the tesseract.

According to the modpack changelog, TE is at 3.0.0.2 and has been for a while. The TE changelog shows 3.0.0.5 as the next version, with only this in the changelog:
-Bugfix: Many small fixes. Further information not available, JadedCat broke too many things to keep track of!
So, I'm not sure what to think about that.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure, then. I got out of the habit of using level emitters before ExtraCells was a thing because they kept screwing up my MAC crafting.

Can you shut the fluid bus off with just a regular switch?

I can go to the fluid import bus and set it to only run with signal. Which should turn it off. The thing is it keeps working, so it isn't the level emitter. There is no other redstone signal around either.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Crops: How does one obtain nature essence? NEI shows nothing related to seeds for it. Rare drop from something else?