Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Does the ore magnet actually pulls ores from somewhere or does it creat ore in a place of stone? I mean if I used it in 1 spot for ages would it leave me with area full of stone and dirt and nothing else?

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
From what i can tell it wont create ores. I went up near build height and made a 6x6x6 cube of smooth stone to test it on and no ores popped up.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone know how much power you need to run all 4 operations on a rotarycraft extractor at max speed?
Eight gas turbines did it for me. Make sure that you gear them so that they provide the minimum amount of torque required by the first stage- that is, for processing speed, you want as much power as possible to go into rotational speed, and as little into torque as you can get away with. Really, this goes for almost all Rotarycraft machines.
DW20 pack, sorry for not saying that.
Sounds like aspect orbs to me. Could be XP orbs or enchantment sparkles, though you would probably recognize those.

filimaryus

Jul 29, 2019
How does one harvest Fibrous Taint for making Ethereal Bloom? I've tried shears and Redstone Arsenal's sickle.

thanks

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
How does one harvest Fibrous Taint for making Ethereal Bloom? I've tried shears and Redstone Arsenal's sickle.

thanks

If you already happened to find a tainted biome, the tainted mobs there drop tainted stuff (like goo, etc.) which has the taint aspect on it. You will have to use it quickly because it dissipates in your inventory after a while.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
If you already happened to find a tainted biome, the tainted mobs there drop tainted stuff (like goo, etc.) which has the taint aspect on it. You will have to use it quickly because it dissipates in your inventory after a while.
He could put it in a backpack or something, last time I was using it I put it in a backpack and it just stayed there.

Keks244

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first of all sorry for my english XD

i have a Direwolf20 server and i want to configure some command-permissions.
So i want to allow every player on this server to use the following commands:

/Save-all

/TP ...

/time set ...

on the other side i want to restrict the:

/gamemode ...

command for everyone (including OP´s). How i can do this?

Is it maybe possible with built-in functions of FTB server ? Or i need a external mod for that ?

Thanks 4 help.

no one can help ?

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this question ain't so simple, but why did modpacks stop coming with a minimap installed? I know I can add the mod, but this used to be in by default. What happened? Was it OP? Was it annoying? Was there debate at some point?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this question ain't so simple, but why did modpacks stop coming with a minimap installed? I know I can add the mod, but this used to be in by default. What happened? Was it OP? Was it annoying? Was there debate at some point?
Everyone has their own preference for minimap mods; the decision was made so everyone could choose their own.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Most of the FtB 1.6 packs have multiple maps installed, just not active. The player has to edit the pack to enable the one they want to use, using the "Edit Pack" button on the launcher.

Funnily enough, it seems they did this because of a lot of "Why didn't you use [favorite map pack name here]?" posts when one specific map was installed by default.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
ExtraCells question:

Is there a way to use stored liquids to autocraft? If so, how do I set up the recipe?

Say I want to use 4000mB of stored molten redstone to make a redstone energy cell without exporting to a fluid transposer, is that possiblle?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
ExtraCells question:

Is there a way to use stored liquids to autocraft? If so, how do I set up the recipe?

Say I want to use 4000mB of stored molten redstone to make a redstone energy cell without exporting to a fluid transposer, is that possiblle?
I'm not experienced with it myself yet, but I believe you need to set up an ME Fluid Craftingchamber to work with stored liquids. I'm not certain you can make the cells without a transposer however.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
ExtraCells question:

Apparently you can only use the fluid crafting chamber for patterns like 1 bucket + 4 tin plates = 10k coolant cell, so basically shapeless crafting only without having to store water buckets in your ME system. The energy cell still requires the fluid transposer to put the redstone into the cell. Only thing I could think of that actually works as a autocrafting recipe would be using item routers.

Edit: I found the old imgur album I found back in FTB unleashed to automate tesseracts and stuff, hope this helps / still works (didn't test it yet in monster) http://imgur.com/a/VFlAa#0