Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shimmer015

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm having a slight problem with tanks (from Openblock mod) and railcraft boilers. I can't have a tank near a railcraft boiler without the boiler failing to form correctly. I can build a boiler in another spot with no tanks nearby and I have no trouble. Anyone else have this problem?
( and before someone says it, I do not have wraith lamps in the area)

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm having a slight problem with tanks (from Openblock mod) and railcraft boilers. I can't have a tank near a railcraft boiler without the boiler failing to form correctly. I can build a boiler in another spot with no tanks nearby and I have no trouble. Anyone else have this problem?
( and before someone says it, I do not have wraith lamps in the area)

When you say "near" do you mean "touching" by chance? Or is there at least one block in between?
Barring wrath lamps, that's my only other idea. If that's not it, hopefully someone else can help.

Shimmer015

Jul 29, 2019
When you say "near" do you mean "touching" by chance? Or is there at least one block in between?
Barring wrath lamps, that's my only other idea. If that's not it, hopefully someone else can help.

The tank is 1 block away from the boiler and there is no wrath lamps on my map.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
you need a Isolator. Put the meadow drones in it till you get meadows serum. Then put that into a synthesizer when it is done. Put it into a Purifier. then once that is done. Put it into a inoculater, along with the rocky princess and drones. Then you will have a meadows princes and drone with the traits of a rocky bee.

to do all this you need bee dna. you get this by running bees thru a genepool.
Ahh ok, I know what I'm doing later on then, more machines to make! Thanks again!

Kuukunen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going insane trying to figure out bauxite. I'm playing Unhinged with BOP and Underground Biomes enabled.
I've tried making Mystcraft ages with all kinds of biomes bauxite should be found in, plains, grassland, etc.
I've also checked through bunch of correct biomes in the overworld.
Methods I've used for finding it include, but are not limited to, running around caves, mining laser on scatter mode, jumping off the edge of the world when server's worldgen is lagging behind.
(And before anyone mentions, yes I know bauxite does not spawn at diamond levels. 32-95, says wiki.)
I also did try disabling Underground Biomes and generating a plains age with just vanilla stone, just in case that was the thing interfering.
The thing that's making me go crazy is that I HAVE found bauxite. A grassland biome close to our base. Could it be the reason it's only found there is that it was included in the initial spawn area generation?
I'm tempted to think it might be a bug, but figured I'd ask here first.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
you can build 5 of these http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...qr867wl4ylcn4qdoix3yd83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280
for less than the cost of this.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hz1wpiyjp8vtdslza80m00drdsvntps8fdm4xmr3ydlhc

5 of first 1 is 500 eu a tick and you can stack them. second one is only 420 and can't be stacked. which route would you go?

Didn't you just answer your own question?

(By the way: the 5 smaller ones are also posting a higher efficiency score AND have no ongoing cost for building the multicells required by the big one.)

Kuukunen

Jul 29, 2019
you can build 5 of these http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...qr867wl4ylcn4qdoix3yd83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280
for less than the cost of this.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hz1wpiyjp8vtdslza80m00drdsvntps8fdm4xmr3ydlhc

5 of first 1 is 500 eu a tick and you can stack them. second one is only 420 and can't be stacked. which route would you go?
Or here's something in between I made this morning: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...zp4cfv4g5zg8tcoagkf4y81f45o9qr1zs58wvw79oc83k
Just slightly more resources needed per EU per tick than five of those small ones, but has four chambers for stackability and much more efficiency. (And automation friendly layout) It does require one plate per dual cell, but that's usually not really a problem, I'm mostly running out of uranium myself, as the 8 near-depleted uranium cells per ingot recipe seems to be nerfed. (?)

Kuukunen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going insane trying to figure out bauxite. [...]
Oh yeah, as I mentioned, it was on a server, I tried creating an age on single player (creative mode) and I got a flat ForestHills biome end stone world with bauxite everywhere.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Do machine casings in gregtech create lag if you use them as builkding blocks? I read somewhere not to build with blocks that are used in multiblock structures, but gregtech structures seem to act differently (clicking on the casings does nothing, once the unit is created)

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Do machine casings in gregtech create lag if you use them as builkding blocks? I read somewhere not to build with blocks that are used in multiblock structures, but gregtech structures seem to act differently (clicking on the casings does nothing, once the unit is created)
They shouldn't, since it's the main machine block that needs to check if the casings are set up correctly and not the casings themselves.

Reactions: zorn

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add more ores to MinefactoryReloaded's Laser Drill? Such as Uranium, Nether Uranium, Cobalt, Aridite, Tahumcraft's infused stones, etc.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, I was hoping there was some config file I didn't see, or some addon already made to do it. My Java skills are severely limited.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
I want to run IC2 wires through an area that I plan to stick an AE Molecular Assembler Chamber in. I initially thought I could use an ME Power Relay to use my ME Network to transfer the EUs, but it doesn't seem to work that way. What is the purpose of the Power Relay then, and is there any way I can route EUs through an AE Network?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
The power relay allows you to insert power into your Applied Energistics network at locations other than the controller. Once the power is in the network, you can not get it back out like you want.

I would suggest running glass fibre cable alongside the AE cables as it has little energy loss and it can support up to 512 eu per packet aka high voltage/MFSU output.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
The power relay allows you to insert power into your Applied Energistics network at locations other than the controller. Once the power is in the network, you can not get it back out like you want.

I would suggest running glass fibre cable alongside the AE cables as it has little energy loss and it can support up to 512 eu per packet aka high voltage/MFSU output.

Huh. I never noticed you had to put the power into the Controller. I just happened to do so without realizing it was necessary.