Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what tier your playing at in which mod pack. For vanilla I use an enchanted pick and shovel with efficiency. If playing with Dartcraft, applying speed 5 to a tool would make it instantly mine blocks.

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what tier your playing at in which mod pack. For vanilla I use an enchanted pick and shovel with efficiency. If playing with Dartcraft, applying speed 5 to a tool would make it instantly mine blocks.
OOOOOooo yeah I could try making a Power drill for its 3x3 mining feature.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm creating a mystcraft mining age. Are there any biomes which contain both emeralds and bauxite? If so, which ones? Are there any other biome-specific ores I should be aware of? I'm using biomes O'plenty.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.4.7, playing Ultimate, how can I get a redstone signal into a 1 block area... when every side is not something I can attach a lever or a redstone torch to?

OuihNU2.png

I actually have a single block of space right next to all of the liquiducts that need a redstone signal, but cant figure out what I could put in there. I tried making a redtone block, but it doesnt emit redstone, apparently thats in newer versions.

Any ideas?

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I tried making a redtone block, but it doesnt emit redstone, apparently thats in newer versions.

You sure? It doesn't look like any of your liquiducts are in extract mode (right click with a crescent hammer/omniwrench). But if it really doesn't, try a buildcraft pipe with a gate on it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Route your liquiducts up then out. Then put a block on the outside. Attach the lever to that block.

export liquiduct liquiduct
fewrmenter liquiduct block lever

But to be honest.. I'm not sure why you have exports both top and bottom. One should suffice.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
You sure? It doesn't look like any of your liquiducts are in extract mode (right click with a crescent hammer/omniwrench). But if it really doesn't, try a buildcraft pipe with a gate on it.

I just hadnt put them in extract mode yet. Ill have to look into gates, never used them, found AE about when first was going to use them, and never got back to them.[DOUBLEPOST=1380259921][/DOUBLEPOST]
Route your liquiducts up then out. Then put a block on the outside. Attach the lever to that block.

export liquiduct liquiduct
fewrmenter liquiduct block lever

But to be honest.. I'm not sure why you have exports both top and bottom. One should suffice.

This is what I did, i put a redstone lamp one block out, then lever in the inside spot, so the lever activates the liquiducts, and the light turns on so i know the lever is active.

Export buses point towards where they are exporting, right? So if i put one pointing down, it wont export to the machine on top of it....?

Edit: I just got the export bus thing. I'm an idiot :)

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
a few pages back, I posted about my unleashed mystcraft config acting up.
still having that issue.
my problems:
1) changing instability to false in the config file did nothing. loaded a new world, age still had decay/meteors.
2) deleted the file, it has not been regenerated. so there is NO mystcraft config file right now. now what?
3) why is it a .txt instead of a .cfg file, and does that mean anything?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have trouble with Nuclear Control in Ultimate?

I cannot get any single display to work, in any way. NOthing comes up, even if i just try to add a text card and nothing else. I can change colors, but nothing will display on the front of the signs. If i go to an SSP world they work, log into myserver... nothing.

But my friend has a bunch in his base, and they work jsut fine. So i dont think its the server.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have trouble with Nuclear Control in Ultimate?

I cannot get any single display to work, in any way. NOthing comes up, even if i just try to add a text card and nothing else. I can change colors, but nothing will display on the front of the signs. If i go to an SSP world they work, log into myserver... nothing.

But my friend has a bunch in his base, and they work jsut fine. So i dont think its the server.

Have you given the base block a redstone signal?

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
That Quarry in Nether bug is a well-known buildcraft bug. It will mine sporadically, and only certain columns will be mined. If there is an ore/hive on the top of the column, then it will mine it, but if there is tainted soil or netherrack or anything like that, it sometimes won't mine that column, even if ores/hives are below it. I have had the exact same bug as well. Currently there is no way to get a working quarry in the nether. The quarry stopping randomly is another well-known bug. I can understand him wanting the netherrack and tainted soil for use in recyclers and the like, but I think he is trying to show what is not working, and does not actually need the soil or netherrack.

That's not entirely correct... It's possible to get a quarry to mine its entire area if that entire area is covered with water, but that in itsself is a royal pain because if the quarry bug along with water seeming to not flow properly in the nether, which could be in part due to using UU created source blocks. The last two quarries I ran went all the way, but the last one required something like 15 water source blocks placed above the quarry after manually clearing the top two layers that the quarry would clear and then allowing it to clear the remaining three, helping the water where it needed it... Then removing it has booted me out numerous times and required that I restart the server three times so far...

Although with the update to Buildcraft that apparently came out today, it's a moot point.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
a few pages back, I posted about my unleashed mystcraft config acting up.
still having that issue.
my problems:
1) changing instability to false in the config file did nothing. loaded a new world, age still had decay/meteors.
2) deleted the file, it has not been regenerated. so there is NO mystcraft config file right now. now what?
3) why is it a .txt instead of a .cfg file, and does that mean anything?
Do you have cheats enabled? There's an in-game command you can use to at least remove instability in a specific world (not counting meteors or other things with pages).
I think it's a .txt because it's just easier to read? (You don't have waste time telling your computer to open it in notepad.)

DPowerGTX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, a little while back i made my own thread on power sources for unhinged, and well, i came across something called a 12lp boiler, and bascially i was told to set up a mfr treefarm, with fir trees, problem is, the server i play on doesnt have fir trees. it has biomes o plenty. I live in a grove biome, and i was wondering if i could use those spruce like trees to power my boiler (i plan on using charcoal)

DPowerGTX

Jul 29, 2019
GPuzzle, do you know what biome they are from specfically? i looked on the wiki but i cant find them for some reason.

And by not as effective, do you mean, so much that it will be heavily affected or just slightly affected

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for starters, you could check BoP's MCForum page under biomes.
And it will be somewhat affected - you'll get less space per log.