Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hm, cool. Thanks.
And if you need to deal with lava, then water source blocks from UU-Matter are awesome. Don't use liquid redstone, as the quarry will destroy it because it thinks it's a sold block. And watch out for accidentally creating a cobblestone generator, my quarry got stuck digging up infinite cobble for a while.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
And if you need to deal with lava, then water source blocks from UU-Matter are awesome. Don't use liquid redstone, as the quarry will destroy it because it thinks it's a sold block. And watch out for accidentally creating a cobblestone generator, my quarry got stuck digging up infinite cobble for a while.

With uu source blocks, you can get flowing water in the nether?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you have to update the water source block though aka place a block next to it after you place it I believe.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Additional to my last question, I've got another one:
Is there some kind of block you can walk through in FTB Unleashed? It's important that you can't see through it, though. Or if there's nothing like this in the Unleashed pack: Is there a special upgrade you can add to a chest to make it open even if there's a block/facade above it?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Additional to my last question, I've got another one:
Is there some kind of block you can walk through in FTB Unleashed? It's important that you can't see through it, though. Or if there's nothing like this in the Unleashed pack: Is there a special upgrade you can add to a quest to make it open even if there's a block/facade above it?
Thaumic Tinkerer adds Phantasmal Blocks, but only the owner of the block is allowed to pass through it. There's also the Blackout Curtain from Extra Utilities (not sure if that's what it's called off the top of my head, but something like that).

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer adds Phantasmal Blocks, but only the owner of the block is allowed to pass through it. There's also the Blackout Curtain from Extra Utilities (not sure if that's what it's called off the top of my head, but something like that).
And something that allows everyone to walk through them? Kinda like the Ethereal Glass but not see-through?
I already tried the curtains but you need 1 "whole" block at each side for it to be fully closed and there's a chest on one side (and a facade above, so I can still open it), so it's half open. :/

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I know that with liquid routers, you can use an empty bucket to indicate "all things not listed go here" - is there something similar for an item router?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I know that with liquid routers, you can use an empty bucket to indicate "all things not listed go here" - is there something similar for an item router?
Yes: a diamond pipe that has a path with nothing especified in it will send any items that aren't set in the diamond pipe down that path.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yes: a diamond pipe that has a path with nothing especified in it will send any items that aren't set in the diamond pipe down that path.

So if I attach a diamond pipe to one side of the router, it'll send everything that way by default?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, I'm trying specifically to use an item router in a wall (for aesthetic purposes) that keeps ejecting items it doesn't recognize on the side opposite of my pipe/tesseract.

scgamer_99

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for a way to give a golden bag of holding to players filled with certain items, anyone know of a way to do that?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
So if I attach a diamond pipe to one side of the router, it'll send everything that way by default?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, I'm trying specifically to use an item router in a wall (for aesthetic purposes) that keeps ejecting items it doesn't recognize on the side opposite of my pipe/tesseract.
No, the diamond pipe is the item router. And it will send anything that isn't set in the diamond pipe (on a possible path).

F4NN

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new FTB unleashed world and I really confused on where I should start. I don't know what mods to start on and I don't know what things I should be building toward. If someone could just tell me where I should start that'd be great!

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new FTB unleashed world and I really confused on where I should start. I don't know what mods to start on and I don't know what things I should be building toward. If someone could just tell me where I should start that'd be great!

There are numerous threads on this sort of thing, but as a very short answer the very first things I typically try to get set up are a simple food source (barley is a good one IMO), basic MJ production (i.e. TE steam engines) ,and simple ore doubling (usually TE as well). I also try to get some sort of fortune pick ASAP for diamonds. Sometimes I get lucky with a vanilla enchant, if I'm feeling patient I'll take the slow but steady route with lapis and TiC, or if I'm feeling lazy I just get a Dartcraft infuser and some fortune cookies.

Hope that gives you a few ideas. Look around though - there are as many ways to start out as there are players.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
There are numerous threads on this sort of thing, but as a very short answer the very first things I typically try to get set up are a simple food source (barley is a good one IMO), basic MJ production (i.e. TE steam engines) ,and simple ore doubling (usually TE as well). I also try to get some sort of fortune pick ASAP for diamonds. Sometimes I get lucky with a vanilla enchant, if I'm feeling patient I'll take the slow but steady route with lapis and TiC, or if I'm feeling lazy I just get a Dartcraft infuser and some fortune cookies.

Hope that gives you a few ideas. Look around though - there are as many ways to start out as there are players.

Half the time I just sling all my stuff on my back and start wandering.

Reactions: Silent_007

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I have a basic automated bee setup, to get honey etc to power bee machines. However ae gets upset with my meadow bees as every tiny mutation means they are not recognised by the export bus. I have tried a fuzzy bus set to 0 damage, but that exports all types, not just meadow. What is the best way to do this?