Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
How would I get my Gate to automatically send the stirling engine it's attached to fuel when it needs it? I don't know what to do with the redstone signal it will send out when there is space in the inventory.
Invert the redstone signal, then send it to a redstone engine connected to a wooden pipe connected to your engine and a chest full of fuel.
Alternatively, shove a hopper on top of the engine with your fuel inside.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make it so that the ores thrown into my ME system automatically go into a furnace and get smelted?
This goes for sticky resin and rubber wood and other things that need to be machined.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make it so that the ores thrown into my ME system automatically go into a furnace and get smelted?
This goes for sticky resin and rubber wood and other things that need to be machined.
Point an export bus at the machine you want to use and put the items you want to be processed in the bus's filter. If you're running a 1.5 pack you'll probably want a precision export bus so you can specify more than 1 item and move stacks.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Neirin, another one;
Is there a way to disable gregtech in a pack without breaking a save?

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
Playing ultimate 1.4.7
I'm looking to set up a mid-sized power setup for my first quarry in a new world but I can't decide what I should do. I usually use a bank of combustion engines supplied with fuel, but I'm looking for alternatives. I have no MJ infrastructure because I've been doing everything with EU so far.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
Playing ultimate 1.4.7
I'm looking to set up a mid-sized power setup for my first quarry in a new world but I can't decide what I should do. I usually use a bank of combustion engines supplied with fuel, but I'm looking for alternatives. I have no MJ infrastructure because I've been doing everything with EU so far.

The easiest method would be to pump lava out of the nether and transfer it to the overworld into magmatic engines you could also use biofuel or use electric engines and use your EU to supply the quarry with power.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
My question still stands, answer please :)

Calm down, there was one post between your question and your reminder. The board moves at the speed it moves at, nagging just pisses people off.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that disabling GT won't break saves. What it will do is to remove any GT blocks or items in the world - they'll just cease to exist.

Recognize

Jul 29, 2019
I have question regarding the coke oven.

Is it possible to pump the oil right out of the oven? I been trying but that doesn't seem to work.

Recognize

Jul 29, 2019
It should work with both waterproof pipes or liquiducts.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I tried putting the pump right next to the coke oven then using the pipe to connect to the tank but that doesn't to work.

I also tried this: Not really sure what I'm suppose to be doing.

H5NlCE4.jpg

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
The wooden pipe should be right on the coke oven, then the tank beside it. Put a redstone engine on it. Switch it on, boom! You have it backwards.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Neirin, another one;
Is there a way to disable gregtech in a pack without breaking a save?
You can just straight up remove it. You'll lose any machines you've made as well as any GT items you have (obviously). You may run into odd pockets in the earth where GT ores used to be, but you won't corrupt anything.

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I tried putting the pump right next to the coke oven then using the pipe to connect to the tank but that doesn't to work.

I also tried this: Not really sure what I'm suppose to be doing.

H5NlCE4.jpg

That pump isn't for removing items from tanks and the engine should be on the wooden pipe for the coke oven.

Edit: the pump isn't meant for any inventory.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Rule of thumb: Pumps are for picking up blocks of liquid, not pumping it out of stuff.

Just pop down a Wooden Waterproof Pipe with a Redstone Engine. Then Stone/Cobble/Golden Waterproof Pipes.

Recognize

Jul 29, 2019
omg thank you -_- I read it on wiki that I needed a pump or something so I assume I had to get a pump for the coke oven

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
CC Program that adds one to a number and displays the number every time it gets a pulse?
I'd probably do something like
Code:
local x = 0
while true do
os.pullEvent(redstone)
x = x + 1
print(x)
sleep(1)
end
end

os.pullEvent(redstone) will fire on both an on and off redstone event so I threw in a sleep command to try and avoid firing on the redstone going off.

Reactions: whizzball1

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help. Is there a way to travel a redstone signal along a wall? I have a blaze spawner lv5 and its in my ceiling, but I want the switch to turn it on to be down on ground level. But I dont have RP2 for their amazing redstone thingy, and I dunno what does it in 1.5.2