Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Does anyone know if Ender IO will be included in FTB Continuum now that it is available for 1.12.2?
Only one of the FTB team would be able to give a definitive answer on that, but given that it’s in beta status whereby the mod list, though not public, is usually fixed (excepting and gamebreaking bugs) and the progression has already been carefully tweaked, it seems very unlikely that they’d throw in something as game-changing as EnderIO at this stage.

S

Smoopadoop

Sorry if this has been asked, I had trouble finding it in this thread.

What're the best non-ticon tools?
I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved Expert BUT you can answer for any modpack, as it could benefit other people reading this.

I ask because I've become addicted to slamming as many enchants onto my gear as possible, after discovering the printing press, and ticon tools sadly can't be enchanted (aside from a few).

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Sorry if this has been asked, I had trouble finding it in this thread.

What're the best non-ticon tools?
I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved Expert BUT you can answer for any modpack, as it could benefit other people reading this.

I ask because I've become addicted to slamming as many enchants onto my gear as possible, after discovering the printing press, and ticon tools sadly can't be enchanted (aside from a few).

TiCon tools have their own ways of getting buffed. Among other things, in IE:Expert, you 'level' them for additional modifiers. I've got a Manyullyn Hatchet with 1 Sharpness, 1 Moss, and something like 6 Beheading. (Thaumcraft infusions are no problem for me now. Neither are Nether Stars.)

Thaumcraft tools (not specifically Thaumium, but the ones that you research) are good - you can use the Infusion Altar to enchant them with things like Repair and Corruption (good for getting those 'Sin Shards' without going into the Nether for them.)

Personally haven't played with the Botania tools, other than the Terra Sword - love those ranged attacks.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I'd say that highly depends on your stage in the game. The Botania tools are nice because they repair with mana, and the Thaumcraft ones are nice because you can get them to repair with vis.
For the endgame, Draconic Evolution is obvious, but I'm assuming you haven't gotten to that stage yet. An IC2 mining laser could also be fun, seeing as you're forced into IC2 anyway.

G

Gimligs

How to change backup position in FTB+Presents+Direwolf20+1.12-1.12.2-1.10.0-Server???

I normally change the config file "Server_local\local\ftbutilities\config.cfg", but config file isnt there

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using MultiMC v0.6.2 which just added FTB modpack integration (a nice big step forward, great job). However, the Crash Landing modpack won't run for me, and I don't know why. Every other FTB modpack I've tried works perfectly, altho I haven't tried them all of course. With Crash Landing modpack, the process kills itself within 2 seconds of launch, no Launcher window ever appears.

Is there an issue with amount of RAM allocated in the older modpacks? Naturally I'm using upwards of 12 gigs of RAM for some of the newer packs, so I'm wondering if this might be an issue? I manually set the memory to 4-8 gigs for Crash Landing but maybe even that is too much? Crash Landing is a v1.6.4 modpack, quite old now - is it possible that it won't run on the latest Java update? Could that also be a reason?

Since I don't see any other error reports anywhere, it's probably something on my end, but figured I'd ask about it anyways. I suppose I should also try my old trick and copy the pack over from Twitch manually (it works fine thru the Twitch Launcher but I much prefer to use MultiMC).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm using MultiMC v0.6.2 which just added FTB modpack integration (a nice big step forward, great job). However, the Crash Landing modpack won't run for me, and I don't know why. Every other FTB modpack I've tried works perfectly, altho I haven't tried them all of course. With Crash Landing modpack, the process kills itself within 2 seconds of launch, no Launcher window ever appears.

Is there an issue with amount of RAM allocated in the older modpacks? Naturally I'm using upwards of 12 gigs of RAM for some of the newer packs, so I'm wondering if this might be an issue? I manually set the memory to 4-8 gigs for Crash Landing but maybe even that is too much? Crash Landing is a v1.6.4 modpack, quite old now - is it possible that it won't run on the latest Java update? Could that also be a reason?

Since I don't see any other error reports anywhere, it's probably something on my end, but figured I'd ask about it anyways. I suppose I should also try my old trick and copy the pack over from Twitch manually (it works fine thru the Twitch Launcher but I much prefer to use MultiMC).

There have been many changes in Java since 1.6.4 packs were out. Several language specs have changed since then and enough time has passed that any deprecated functions have been removed entirely. If Forge or any other mod uses an older command that no longer exists or has been drastically changed in newer versions you could have problems.

I'd find out what version of Java was in use at that time (1.6 comes to mind, but I may be confusing the MC version) and load that.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
(it works fine thru the Twitch Launcher but I much prefer to use MultiMC).

Does it still work today using the Twitch launcher? I ask because within the last day or so, a Java update was sent out, and it's possible that this is what broke it for you. I have also heard that Forever Stranded is an excellent 'spiritual successor' to Crash Landing, if both launchers end up being unable to run CL.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Does it still work today using the Twitch launcher? I ask because within the last day or so, a Java update was sent out, and it's possible that this is what broke it for you. I have also heard that Forever Stranded is an excellent 'spiritual successor' to Crash Landing, if both launchers end up being unable to run CL.

Yes it works in Twitch but not MultiMC. I'm not gonna bother with figuring it out, but thanks for the advice. CL was a pack I could never conquer, which was why I decided to try it again... turns out running the pack was just as frustrating as playing it was... so forget it. hahaha I'll look into that other pack you mentioned tho, thanks!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yes it works in Twitch but not MultiMC. I'm not gonna bother with figuring it out, but thanks for the advice. CL was a pack I could never conquer, which was why I decided to try it again... turns out running the pack was just as frustrating as playing it was... so forget it. hahaha I'll look into that other pack you mentioned tho, thanks!

From what I've heard, Forever Stranded offers both an 'Overworld' crash site and a 'Nether' crash site. @ICountFrom0 has a text-and-pictures LP thread for the latter. It's on my bucket list. ;D

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
My understanding was that “Lost Souls”, the Nether version, is a whole new pack with different quests and mods?

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
In FTB Revelation, If I start a default world, not lost cities, will I have problems with the biome/village generation?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay, time for Odd Questions from OniyaMCD:

Got myself a Well of Suffering. Works great. Cranking out the high-tiered slates and Nether Stars like hot cakes. Problem is that it's working too well. Nothing is spawning anywhere else, and the darkroom under my altar has enough witches in it to make Hogwarts look like a one-room schoolhouse. (Possibly a couple of warded critters from Thaumcraft, too, judging by the noise.) They aren't going anywhere, so I can't just reroute my mob-drop operations.

What's a good way to limit the number of spawns in there? Or even just clear it out occasionally?

Reactions: Lethosos

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno how it is in newer versions of things, but methinks a regular ol' dark room just needs the occasional spring cleaning. You could mayhaps have a regular ranged grinder that toggles on once every few minutes (via redstone timer), runs for a little while, and shuts off. It'd clean out the witches, get you drops, and be power-conscious.

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
in Thaumcraft 6 is there anything that would be messed up by switching to peaceful?
like the Crimson Cultists despawning in earlier versions

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Dunno how it is in newer versions of things, but methinks a regular ol' dark room just needs the occasional spring cleaning. You could mayhaps have a regular ranged grinder that toggles on once every few minutes (via redstone timer), runs for a little while, and shuts off. It'd clean out the witches, get you drops, and be power-conscious.

Might set up a thing under the floor with hopperhocks to nab the goodies, and a bunch of lava dispensers around the edges. Got a few ways I could time those. Won't clear out everything, of course, but enough that Reggie can have some company in the Mob Melter from time to time.

EDIT: Just thought of something - I might be able to use the Teleposer to move mobs from the spawn room to the Mob Melter. (Witches are great there.)

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Step 1. Turn on the lights. If you have to use a cave lighter or remote torch placer, torch launcher, mega torch, whatever. Just keep new things from happening.
step 2. Get killing. Maybe do it yourself, maybe drop in a holy hand grenade or 20, maybe put down a grinder.

This is where I was thinking the lava dispensers would be useful. :D Light and slaughter!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Might set up a thing under the floor with hopperhocks to nab the goodies, and a bunch of lava dispensers around the edges. Got a few ways I could time those. Won't clear out everything, of course, but enough that Reggie can have some company in the Mob Melter from time to time.

EDIT: Just thought of something - I might be able to use the Teleposer to move mobs from the spawn room to the Mob Melter. (Witches are great there.)
the teleposer idea would work
id advise against going with the cursed earth idea because it would weaken ur lp income rate (the ritual can handle far more mobs then cursed is able to have spawned at a time )
my altar has enough witches in it to make Hogwarts look like a one-room schoolhouse.
that is actually a good thing lp production wise because keeping witches trapped inside the well's magic is one of the best sources of lp.
If u wanna add more clearing out power to the well there was an upgrade mentioned at some pt for the well of suffering using demon will that was called a "Witch killer" as a side name (but i cant find the reference for it that i remember seeing)
do note witches are technically immune to lava/fire so flooding the chamber with lava might kill off every mob in there besides witches.