Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
N

Nycio

Hi a simple question? Playing FTB Infinity with my wife and a few friends but uhh how does chunk claiming work? my wife and i want just me and her to be able to build on the same land without our friends screwing it up. >.> lol sorry if the answer is really simple just started playing modded minecraft lately. ^_^

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hi a simple question? Playing FTB Infinity with my wife and a few friends but uhh how does chunk claiming work? my wife and i want just me and her to be able to build on the same land without our friends screwing it up. >.> lol sorry if the answer is really simple just started playing modded minecraft lately. ^_^

I don't do a lot of multiplayer, but the chunk claiming mechanic is pretty easy. When you hit E, there are four five tabs to the left of your inventory. The third second one down is the map/chunk claiming. Claiming chunks is just a matter of clicking on them. I'm going to bet that you need to set up a party in order to build on the same chunks as each other - hopefully some of the multiplayer folks can clarify on that.

Edit for memory derp.

Last edited:
N

Nycio

I don't do a lot of multiplayer, but the chunk claiming mechanic is pretty easy. When you hit E, there are four five tabs to the left of your inventory. The third second one down is the map/chunk claiming. Claiming chunks is just a matter of clicking on them. I'm going to bet that you need to set up a party in order to build on the same chunks as each other - hopefully some of the multiplayer folks can clarify on that.

Edit for memory derp.
well thanks for that i read somewhere you can set it for like public, private or friends? is that true or no? >.> ill try making a party with her and see how that works. Thank you! ^_^

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
well thanks for that i read somewhere you can set it for like public, private or friends? is that true or no? >.> ill try making a party with her and see how that works. Thank you! ^_^

There is a 'Friends GUI' as the top tab - but since I'm SMP, it doesn't give me anything to do there. >_> Might poke at that tab a bit while the two of you are online and see what options are available.

F

FadedHigh

Hi everybody. I was wondering if I could get some help. My girlfriend and me are playing on FTB revelations pack and really enjoying it. However we quite enjoy playing on peaceful so I was wondering is there any items/mods included that will get us the mob drops we need as the peaceful table with extra utilities doesn't seem to be in here. Thanks

UnderTheRug

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm starting a new server just for me and a few friends. I'm new to these 1.12 packs, the modpack is the Direwolf20 1.12 pack with Biomes's o plenty. I was looking around in the world It generated, and it seemed kinda bland compared with the older versions (ones I and my friends are used to) of "BIOMESOP". So we scrap it, go into the next world. Same thing here, like 5 or 6 different biomes and they all are just meh. I try again alone today, and same thing; tundra, scrub-land, forest, etc. So I guess my question here is how do i change this? I did a little looking around in the configs and it seems to have gotten harder to specify what you do and don't want since 1.7 days. Is this just bad luck? I would find that hard to believe. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You mention "BIOMESOP". Did you put that in the server.properties file? Just making sure, because if you don't, you're just loading the vanilla world type.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm not sure then. I have had some issues getting that to work on a server before, though, even with BIOMESOP for the world type. If you load it up in a single player game are you getting different results? That might at least help figure out if it's the server or not.

UnderTheRug

Jul 29, 2019
They are Biomes o' plenty biomes, just can't find where to change the biome weights anymore. So far tried 4 worlds on the server and hardly any variety. I just want to balance it more to my and my friends liking.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, I don't think you can do that on a server, iirc. I remember looking that up once ages ago. I could be wrong, though.

UnderTheRug

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess I'll keep looking into it. We used to be able to easily customize the world (which biomes spawned more, turning some off, etc) Now all I can find is turning off algae. :)

UnderTheRug

Jul 29, 2019
Capture.JPG
This was in the biomesop config, in 1.7. Can I do anything like this in 1.12? Or at least set the likelihood of each biome spawning?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I believe that is what I read someone else saying was no longer possible. But, again, you'll have to go to the source for that one, I think.

Note that I did not check that person's claim, so it could well be wrong.

Edit: You can spawn the world in single player and load a bunch of chunks and import it, though.

Reactions: UnderTheRug

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How long does it take for the FTB to fix a bug

Depends on how detailed the bug report is. That's true for any QA group.

Also - seriously, you posted your bug report and log less than 24 hours before you posted here. There's a good chance that the people who can help you fix it haven't even read it yet.

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How long does it take for the FTB to fix a bug

It also depends on what version of Minecraft the Mod or Pack is written for and how it was reported. Just posting in the forums discussion group is no guarantee... You should post in the Bug reportin threads.

If the bug is in a recent pack like 1.10 or 1.12 chances are it may have already been properly reported may be being fixed as you read this. If it's in a pack 1.7 or older you can keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath, as versions that old would require a large library of older source code available.

Keep in mind that nobody is making any money writing these addons and real life takes precedence.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It also depends on what version of Minecraft the Mod or Pack is written for and how it was reported. Just posting in the forums discussion group is no guarantee... You should post in the Bug reportin threads.

If the bug is in a recent pack like 1.10 or 1.12 chances are it may have already been properly reported may be being fixed as you read this. If it's in a pack 1.7 or older you can keep your fingers crossed but don't hold your breath, as versions that old would require a large library of older source code available.

Keep in mind that nobody is making any money writing these addons and real life takes precedence.

I poked around last night - it's a Revelations pack issue, and he posted a log in the Tech Support area, here. (Probably would have been better in the subforum for Revelations specifically, but it looks like that area still gets a decent amount of attention.) I looked at it in case it was something obvious, but it's a bit beyond my knowledge base. Timestamp 18:22:40 shows something borked up with Advanced Rocketry, but I'm not sure what or if that's the only problem.

A

Alex Johnson

Does anyone know if Ender IO will be included in FTB Continuum now that it is available for 1.12.2?