Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Infinity Evolved Expert: Do I really need to get this oil and whatnot just to cook my meat? Or am I missing something and it's not that hard?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Infinity Evolved Expert: Do I really need to get this oil and whatnot just to cook my meat? Or am I missing something and it's not that hard?

Nope. You must get the oil. Pumpkin Seeds in a Presser is probably your easiest way of getting it, but I recommend going for the Slaughterhouse, which produces 'Meat Ingots' that don't require oil.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Nuts. (Awesome pun intended)

Only problem is, I've never seen any of the seeds it seems to require for the presser. But I'll look into that and the slaughterhouse.

Edit: Wait a minute! We haven't seen the seeds because we've been eating the components! I need to re-craft asparagus, not eat it!

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Nuts. (Awesome pun intended)

Only problem is, I've never seen any of the seeds it seems to require for the presser. But I'll look into that and the slaughterhouse.

Edit: Wait a minute! We haven't seen the seeds because we've been eating the components! I need to re-craft asparagus, not eat it!

You can use the juicer, but that doesn't help a whole lot with automation.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In the new sevtech mod pack, what's the mod that adds better mob models and animations? Cannot identify it looking through the mod list.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Infinity expert mode:

I built the IE metal press muktiblock thing, only to find out that I need that to make the steel plate, to make the mold for the steel plate. Using a rolling machine makes a steel plate that isn't compatible. So, it looks like I need to make this whole other metal plate making machine, just to make the metal plate making machine I already built actually be able to make metal plate.

Wait, that's not a question.

I would appreciate it if the person responsible would stub their toe. Nothing broken, mind you. It's just a video game. But pain. Equalizing pain.

(If there's a question in here, it's, "anyone know any way around this?")

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Infinity expert mode:

I built the IE metal press muktiblock thing, only to find out that I need that to make the steel plate, to make the mold for the steel plate. Using a rolling machine makes a steel plate that isn't compatible. So, it looks like I need to make this whole other metal plate making machine, just to make the metal plate making machine I already built actually be able to make metal plate.

I would appreciate it if the person responsible would stub their toe. Nothing broken, mind you. It's just a video game. But pain. Equalizing pain.

IC2 Metal Former - for all your plates, wires, item casings, fuel rods and metal fences. I have three in my base - one for just 'rolling', one that 'rolls' and then feeds into the third which 'extrudes'. (Some recipes need you to extrude from a plate.)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I appreciate it, and I'm sure that's a way better option ultimately, but I'm stillI kinda miffed here.

From everything I can tell, and Google confers, I outright need those to proceed, but they're more efficient and faster than the IE metal press, so It automatically makes it obsolete. The quest is essentially a dead end. There wasn't even a reward and it didn't open any other quests that I can tell. I get hard mode, but that's just mean! Lol

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I appreciate it, and I'm sure that's a way better option ultimately, but I'm stillI kinda miffed here.

From everything I can tell, and Google confers, I outright need those to proceed, but they're more efficient and faster than the IE metal press, so It automatically makes it obsolete. The quest is essentially a dead end. There wasn't even a reward and it didn't open any other quests that I can tell. I get hard mode, but that's just mean! Lol

Oh, I hear you on the 'no reward' thing. I don't know if it's a thing in the world-gen version, but there's a special set of achievements in the Skyblock version that actually give you trophies. I think I went straight from the hammer method (Engineer's Hammer + 2 ingots=1 plate) to the IC2 method, though.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Oh, I hear you on the 'no reward' thing. I don't know if it's a thing in the world-gen version, but there's a special set of achievements in the Skyblock version that actually give you trophies. I think I went straight from the hammer method (Engineer's Hammer + 2 ingots=1 plate) to the IC2 method, though.
Sometimes I find using the hammer is good enough, if resources are not a major issue. A lot of time the hassle+resources to setup a machine + power system don't provide any actual benefit compared to doing a stack by hand.
I always end up removing the hammer+ingots to plate recipes, and provide a different way that isn't a grind and uses machines.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The hammer is good enough for now. I'm just pissed it made me build a thing that I can't finish until I build a thing that makes that thing obsolete.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The hammer is good enough for now. I'm just pissed it made me build a thing that I can't finish until I build a thing that makes that thing obsolete.

I'm guessing that the questbooks must be different between the Skyblock version and the worldgen version. My point was that I never even had to make the multiblock metal press.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It must be. This one specifically had me make the multiblock one. And gave no reward nor unloocked any quests. It honestly seems more like an oversight than an intentional mechanic. You'd think they'd promote building the slower one first then graduating to the more easily automated faster one later. I feel like steel should have worked with the hammer, tbh. And if not, then the steel plate mold should have been compatible with the steel plate you can make in a rolling machine.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Infinity expert mode:

I only know about the skyblock version, that said....
The IC2 metal former is really slow, until you can afford to fill it to the brim with speed upgrades. But that will take a while.
The IE metal press is way faster in comparison. Once I start building up autocrafting with LogiPipes, I build at least 2: one for plates and one for gears.
And you want to automate, that's how you get rid of the grind.

Of course, eventually, you'll replace them with something way faster still.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Well, that actually makes me feel a little bit better. I was beginning to think the only real advantage the IE press had was that it was cooler looking.

And hey, that still means something to me. Maybe it's not a total loss. I do still think it's a mistake in Infinity, though. This just doesn't seem intentional at all.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - Blood Magic question.

I've determined that every time I log into my world, my stored LP in my 'soul network' resets. Anything that the orb has soaked up, gone. Not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or what, but it poses another problem.

I want to set up a Well of Suffering so I can make higher tier slates and such faster. This takes 50K LP to activate, which is about twice what my altar can hold (stupid Eldritch Guardians not dropping their Eyes). Not really a problem - I can fill up the altar, leave it in blood form, and get the rest in another session. I can probably do it all in one, if I can marathon it, but half the LP has to be put into the tenuous storage of the orb while I get the other half. The question is - when I log out and log back in again, will the ritual require reactivation? I can probably handle the maintenance cost until the mobs start spawning, but having to come up with 50K each session is going to be tricky, and I'd be just as far ahead using that 50K to make slates.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
It should stay activated, but I'm not sure with the troubles you seem to be having. Does it happen in creative worlds as well? You could try to use an orb of testing to try it out.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
It should stay activated, but I'm not sure with the troubles you seem to be having. Does it happen in creative worlds as well? You could try to use an orb of testing to try it out.

To be honest, I tend to stay out of creative. I guess I'm partly worried that I'll find out it doesn't have the same issues as my survival world - which would mean that something else is borked, possibly beyond repair.