Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wonder if anyone else can confirm OniyaMCD's experience with LP resetting.

How does this resource get saved to disk? Is it stored in the regular player save file or somewhere else? If its somewhere else, is that other file read-only or something silly?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries?

Wait that question might be too simple. Uhm... Are there any sort of quarry alternatives in the Direwolf20 pack? I havent played in a while so I'm not really up to date on what mods have to offer. But I love watching the quarries run so if there is anything that can give me the same pleasure feel free to give me a suggestion. I'm totally cool with throwing new mods in. If there is a mod out there that just digs a big hole for me and I can just watch it go that would make my life complete

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Quarries?

Wait that question might be too simple. Uhm... Are there any sort of quarry alternatives in the Direwolf20 pack? I havent played in a while so I'm not really up to date on what mods have to offer. But I love watching the quarries run so if there is anything that can give me the same pleasure feel free to give me a suggestion. I'm totally cool with throwing new mods in. If there is a mod out there that just digs a big hole for me and I can just watch it go that would make my life complete
the rftools builder has a quarry mode. normally using it will replace block it mines this way with "free dirt" to prevent lag/fluid issues , u can "instruct"(change quarry card) to not replace mined spots with dirt ,giving the old open pit mining feel that u got with the prior quarrys.

Besides being a simple quarry the builder can do other things including things like being a pump or building designs or a thing some people would call an "advanced" quarry

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
the rftools builder has a quarry mode. normally using it will replace block it mines this way with "free dirt" to prevent lag/fluid issues , u can "instruct"(change quarry card) to not replace mined spots with dirt ,giving the old open pit mining feel that u got with the prior quarrys.

Besides being a simple quarry the builder can do other things including things like being a pump or building designs or a thing some people would call an "advanced" quarry

Cool! I never played with rftools back when it was first came out so now seems like a great time to learn!

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope... Nothing under transporter, dolly, mover or anything else logical. Am I just out of luck? Or will I have to download more mods?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Not Enough Wands is in the pack so if you search for wand you should find something unless it's been disabled.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Not Enough Wands is in the pack so if you search for wand you should find something unless it's been disabled.
Oh! I totally forgot about those thanks! its just hard to remember what mods are in the pack when you dont have a neat little mod list in nei anymore

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
NEI has a neat little mod list?

Now I don't know if I'm in "Ask a simple question" or "what cool thing did you discover today"

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
NEI has a neat little mod list?

Now I don't know if I'm in "Ask a simple question" or "what cool thing did you discover today"

The OG nei not JEI or whatever is being used now. You used to be able to click something on the top and search by any mod that added item. It dropped down a mod list

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nope... Nothing under transporter, dolly, mover or anything else logical. Am I just out of luck? Or will I have to download more mods?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
If you have mekanism, you can craft boxes that allow you to pack up a chest (or spawner) in the box, break the box, and position where you will.
With Storage Drawers, it has packing tape that allows you to "tape up" a storage drawer, then allowing you to move it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Also: actually additions has a storage crate keeper for its crates - you craft it and place it in the crate, and when you break said crate the inventory is kept but the keeper disappears; you have to craft a new one every time you move a crate, but it’s handy still as those crates are pretty spacious!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Also: actually additions has a storage crate keeper for its crates - you craft it and place it in the crate, and when you break said crate the inventory is kept but the keeper disappears; you have to craft a new one every time you move a crate, but it’s handy still as those crates are pretty spacious!

I remember the first time I encountered an Actually Additions crate. Jaw hit the keyboard at 'all the room'. Of course, now I've seen the Draconic Chest, so....

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I love how they call them "small" storage crates, too
well to be fair the basic ones are made of up of 2 double chests (to some extent its more logical then adding a layer of metal plating to a wooden chest somehow giving it more space and then adding more metal layers ,dont ask me how the diamond and crystal chest logcial work because i cant)