Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed, Endermen do drop dimlets in 1.10.2 but it is VERY rare.
Dire ended up with 2 or 3 octodicted enderman spawners running for days to get them. Because I do not have a server I can leave running I had to setup 2 Extreme reactors and 2 turbines each so could easily run 8 enderman spawners at full speed being killed by diamond spikes with looting 3 and still took me 3-4 3 hour sessions to get the parts I needed to build my Dracomium world, large solid spheres, and my dragon world.

It's slow, power hungry, and massively frustrating but worth it in the end if you want to go all out on Draconic evolution.

I guess the upside is, it's completely passive once you have it set up. This leaves you free to do other things while it collects. Not to mention the metric asston of Ender Pearls you must have now. Now that you got what you came for, you can swap those spawners for other mobs and never worry about mob drops again.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Confirmed, Endermen do drop dimlets in 1.10.2 but it is VERY rare.
Dire ended up with 2 or 3 octodicted enderman spawners running for days to get them. Because I do not have a server I can leave running I had to setup 2 Extreme reactors and 2 turbines each so could easily run 8 enderman spawners at full speed being killed by diamond spikes with looting 3 and still took me 3-4 3 hour sessions to get the parts I needed to build my Dracomium world, large solid spheres, and my dragon world.

It's slow, power hungry, and massively frustrating but worth it in the end if you want to go all out on Draconic evolution.
i just did cursed earth in the end worked lovely for endermen spawning and very cheap to setup

Hampen

Jul 29, 2019
Which enchanted books can you put in the Quantum Quarry? Is it just Fortune? And is there any way to get more than 1 book slot?

Last edited:
M

MagicMage1238

Microsoft/Mojang is a POS, why do we need a separate "Authentication Server" for Mutliplayer? It's not enough that we log in and authenticate individually, eh? We also have to authenticate server logons too, private servers? GFY Microsoft and your data collection BS.

there was a Notification.... a small box saying it was going to be down for the past several days because they were going to be doing "maintenance" on the Authentication Server.

(This small box with the notification was on the Minecraft launcher)

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
How does the necrotic modifier in Tinkers work? Is it a percentage of the damage you deal? For example my sword has 20 attack, does it mean it heals two hearts per hit (10% of the damage), or is it a flat amount?

T

Tyler_BMN

How does the necrotic modifier in Tinkers work? Is it a percentage of the damage you deal? For example my sword has 20 attack, does it mean it heals two hearts per hit (10% of the damage), or is it a flat amount?

According to the wiki, it's a percentage
upload_2017-5-15_8-25-5.png

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there a nice easy way to find a fortress in Beyond? On my last modpack, I had an ender compass mod that let me build a compass that pointed to the nearest fortress. Is there any kind of alternative here, or do I need to find it the old fashioned way?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It doesn't appear to be... But then again, I could just add it to my pack, too. When I click on eyes of ender, they're just poofing right where I stand, so unless I just happened to build my base directly above it, it's not working.

T

Tyler_BMN

poofing?
If it was below it should've flown straight down so..
Interesting, maybe the strongholds are disabled, have you searched for ender cake or something like that?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I just installed the ender compass mod. Good enough for me. I did try digging straight down just in case, but it was a good ways away. I didn't know ender cake was a thing

T

TotalMentalCase24_7

I already have Forge (+mods) installed for 1.10.2 but I really want to try SkyFactory 3, so with using the Launch Options function can I set up an FTB profile and keep the Forge stuff?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Makes a separate folder for each profile created. A bit of a pain when updating, but moving worlds over is pretty simple anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Anyone have some conversion values for RotaryCraft-> AE2 and RotaryCraft -> OpenComputers power units that they've been happy with?

I've been trying to build something using primarily shaft power, but the defaults for power conversion in other mods seem... a little off. I can get not wanting someone to run even an ME Chest or single Computer off a DC Engine, but as far as I can tell you're pretty much stuck waiting til AC Electric Engines or Performance Engines just to power the Crystal Growth Accelerator, and especially given the emphasis on automation that seems really late. Reika's said that the numbers for AE2 were wrong at some point, but I'm not sure whether that's been fixed and just not closed in the github, or if that's balanced-wrong or science-wrong.

Haggie666 of Rev3 upped the AE2 numbers by an order of magnitude, and putting to 9.61E-4 for AE2's conversion rate is in that ballpack, which would at least make it possible to use small AE2 networks before you're swimming in jet fuel, but I don't know AE2 or OpenComputers well enough to be sure that's not going to make the power system a joke (at least before RotaryCraft or ReactorCraft purposefully does). And I do want to keep the numbers high enough that people don't try to power their base solely through Steam Engines and go deaf.

If AE2 bothered to put their power costs on a page, it wouldn't be that tricky to back-calculate, but all the information on their main page is from the AE1 age.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
How much RAM should I select in Options for FTB Beyond if I have 16 gb, for best performance? Google was confusing as hell, with a lot of outdated info.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Think of Ram usage in Minecraft as a Bell Curve... The ideal amount to allocate falls somewhere between 4-6GB with a rapid falling off of performance to either side of the peak.