Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The redstone wire block from RF Tools, is there any way to make it turn corners or have multiple inputs/outputs similar to normal redstone wire?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Just set the output facing the direction you want; I don't think it can have more I/O
That doesn't help turn corners, the issue is it seems to only act as straight line transmission. Input on one side, output on the opposite side, and all you can do is change the direction, no corners or junctions.

Hampen

Jul 29, 2019
Any good and cheap alternatives to the Mystcraft portals books? Dont have the DE charm yet. Not super experienced in modden minecraft, so the easier the better, but I'm not a complete noob.

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
That doesn't help turn corners, the issue is it seems to only act as straight line transmission. Input on one side, output on the opposite side, and all you can do is change the direction, no corners or junctions.
What kind of redstone signal transmission are you looking for?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Any good and cheap alternatives to the Mystcraft portals books? Dont have the DE charm yet. Not super experienced in modden minecraft, so the easier the better, but I'm not a complete noob.
Which pack and version is this? Obviously not minecraft 1.10.2 because Mystcraft isn't available.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Problem found. Curse App is a no for launching the packs in any way, shape or form.

That's very encouraging that you agree that very well might be it. I haven't moved it over yet due to a strong case of the I-don't-feel-like-its. But I'll do it tonight or this weekend.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Hmmmm, maybe i'm just really forgetful. Well, the simplest solution is to just have a piece of redstone/conduit at the corners.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Microsoft/Mojang is a POS, why do we need a separate "Authentication Server" for Mutliplayer? It's not enough that we log in and authenticate individually, eh? We also have to authenticate server logons too, private servers? GFY Microsoft and your data collection BS.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
charged porter and matter receiver from rftools , they both run on rf

Hampen

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack and version is this? Obviously not minecraft 1.10.2 because Mystcraft isn't available.

Sorry, forgot 2 mention that, I'm on 1.10.2 (FTB Beyond). The reason why I asked this is because Mystcraft isnt available, I used that to set up a portal hub in my base in the past.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, forgot 2 mention that, I'm on 1.10.2 (FTB Beyond). The reason why I asked this is because Mystcraft isnt available, I used that to set up a portal hub in my base in the past.
In Beyond, I'll second the RFTools Matter Transmitter and Receiver. Easy to use. Easy to set up. There is a bit of risk involved, but there are additional pieces that can remove that. It also has a hand-held Charged Porter for when you're on the go. As you pointed out, Draconic Evolution has a system as well, but it's gated a bit deeper than RFTools.

If you're interested in adding mods, Waystones is growing on me more and more. It's straightforward and looks nice too. Costs are prohibitive enough to not spam everywhere, but cheap enough to make the basics once you have a decent Ender Pearl supply.

Silent's Gems has a decent teleportation system, but it comes with much more than that. Tons of gems will spawn in world generation, which can be used to build tools, armor, and trinkets (quality and power depending on the gems used). I had a lot of fun with this.mod in a small custom pack, where I opted for Silent's Gems instead of Tinker's Construct.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Microsoft/Mojang is a POS, why do we need a separate "Authentication Server" for Mutliplayer? It's not enough that we log in and authenticate individually, eh? We also have to authenticate server logons too, private servers? GFY Microsoft and your data collection BS.

I'm sort of curious where this came from? Mojang has had multiplayer auth server for years before MS purchased Mojang. I view it as needed to make sure hacked version of minecraft can't connect to my servers.

Reactions: Hambeau and Inaeo

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
If you're interested in adding mods, Waystones is growing on me more and more. It's straightforward and looks nice too. Costs are prohibitive enough to not spam everywhere, but cheap enough to make the basics once you have a decent Ender Pearl supply.

Seconded. I have been using these as well and they're a perfect balance. Simple enough to make, just costs 4 ender pearls and some common mats for each waystone, and there's a 5 minute cooldown on the device you use to port to them. Practical enough to start using right when you'd need em without turning every waypoint into a project.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sort of curious where this came from? Mojang has had multiplayer auth server for years before MS purchased Mojang. I view it as needed to make sure hacked version of minecraft can't connect to my servers.

Multiplayer Authentication service was down for about 4 hours last night (minimum, it might have been a lot longer since I finally gave up waiting and went to bed). Not a single word from Mojang/Microsoft about it either. Total amateur rubbish from a supposedly billion dollar outfit. All multiplayer servers were locked out for the entire evening. Really pissed me off, but I guess I get pissed off too easily these days, because I haven't seen a single other complaint. Perhaps other players just played SSP, I dunno... I play SMP only these days, and last night I couldn't play it due to some bullcrap about "Authentication".

And I don't understand your explanation really, but there's no need to explain it further because I really don't care to understand why Mojang has multiple authentication steps required. Just let me play the damn game I paid for.

Based on this tweet from the night before, which everyone (except Mojang) was responding to LAST night... I see Mojang finally awoke at 3am my time to tell us "All services are currently up and running"... which means the outage/downtime was for approx. seven hours, and they never commented once about it during that entire time (to my knowledge).

That's why I call them a POS outfit, not because they didn't fix it (crap breaks, crap happens), but because they didn't even have the courtesy to tell us they were having issues. Good service heals all wounds, but a lack of service causes them. Mojang (and their boss Microsoft) do not understand that. I blame the Microsoft influence for that. I think the old Mojang was normal people, the new Mojang is corporate BS.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You just described every game on the internet. Outtages suck, but outtages happen.

I understand that. My anger stems from their lack of communication, not that "stuff broke". I'm over it now, not gonna let it ruin a second day in my life. One day was plenty, thank you very much.

I cannot stand corporations, I cannot stand corporate "suits", and when Mojang sold out to Microsoft that's exactly who they sold out to. I still cannot believe they did that. Microsoft, a GAMING COMPANY? Give me a f'n break, they've never been one and never will be. They bought Mojang to get their hooks into every little kid's head early in life. That's my opinion and I ain't afraid to state it.

Now back to playing the game, which is my escape from our ugly corporate world. I live in my own little world.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Confirmed, Endermen do drop dimlets in 1.10.2 but it is VERY rare.
Dire ended up with 2 or 3 octodicted enderman spawners running for days to get them. Because I do not have a server I can leave running I had to setup 2 Extreme reactors and 2 turbines each so could easily run 8 enderman spawners at full speed being killed by diamond spikes with looting 3 and still took me 3-4 3 hour sessions to get the parts I needed to build my Dracomium world, large solid spheres, and my dragon world.

It's slow, power hungry, and massively frustrating but worth it in the end if you want to go all out on Draconic evolution.