Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Can Thaumcraft golems with the Fill core fill in a furnace? Speciffically, the Alchemical Furnace.
Yeah, in 1.7.10 so long as you designate the right side with the bell it will fill the fuel slot. The alembics kind of get in the way though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ashendale

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
i'm pretty sure my network wasn't empty but now i have nothing in my inventory, everything is stored away and i still have it. the bound sword was in it's inactive state. i'm playing on an online server that just crashed so the generated a completely new world but i still get the debuffs
if you have witchery on the server it's possible someone cursed you

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
What should i use to be able to filter items based not on the ID and quantity but on the quantity alone? Lets say that i have RFTools dimlet generator and i want to trash dimlets that i have more than 16. I know about ComputerCraft, but is there anything else?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What should i use to be able to filter items based not on the ID and quantity but on the quantity alone? Lets say that i have RFTools dimlet generator and i want to trash dimlets that i have more than 16. I know about ComputerCraft, but is there anything else?
I am not familiar with the stack sizes etc. of the dimlets as I have not yet played around with RFTools so forgive me if this is totally nuts, but what you describe is basically the item management system I set up with AE in every world.

What you can do is find some kind of containers that hold a quantity you are ok with keeping for the dimlets you get lots of. My mind calls on Storage Drawers 2x2 drawers as some of the smallest ones and easiest interfaced with ME(through its controller). Set up as many as you need and lock them all to each their dimlet(lock empty ones too). Put a storage bus on the Storage Controller and set its Priority to 10.

For all the random ones you probably/perhaps don't get a lot of you can set up an unformatted disc(I prefer in a ME chest so I can easily browse). Set this to Priority 8. You might need more than one if the first one fills up.

To prevent the ones you get a lot of from overflowing and filling up the random disc you put a Storage Bus on a Trash can(I recommend Storage bus->Chest->Trash can), set it to priority 9 and filter in all the ones from the Storage drawers(yes this is a bit of a PITA to do, and you might need more than one storage bus).

This way whenever you fill up a drawer, the rest will get voided. But any new ones will get deposited in the ME chest for you to easily see(and perhaps take out to put in a new Storage drawer).

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
I am not familiar with the stack sizes etc. of the dimlets as I have not yet played around with RFTools so forgive me if this is totally nuts, but what you describe is basically the item management system I set up with AE in every world.

What you can do is find some kind of containers that hold a quantity you are ok with keeping for the dimlets you get lots of. My mind calls on Storage Drawers 2x2 drawers as some of the smallest ones and easiest interfaced with ME(through its controller). Set up as many as you need and lock them all to each their dimlet(lock empty ones too). Put a storage bus on the Storage Controller and set its Priority to 10.

For all the random ones you probably/perhaps don't get a lot of you can set up an unformatted disc(I prefer in a ME chest so I can easily browse). Set this to Priority 8. You might need more than one if the first one fills up.

To prevent the ones you get a lot of from overflowing and filling up the random disc you put a Storage Bus on a Trash can(I recommend Storage bus->Chest->Trash can), set it to priority 9 and filter in all the ones from the Storage drawers(yes this is a bit of a PITA to do, and you might need more than one storage bus).

This way whenever you fill up a drawer, the rest will get voided. But any new ones will get deposited in the ME chest for you to easily see(and perhaps take out to put in a new Storage drawer).
That would be something like 160-180 2x2 drawers :( Any other idea?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes chassis pipe with up to 8 (mk5) active supplier modules describing the quantity of each, set to a high priority (if 8 modules ain't enough, use more pipes on the inventory; up to 48 modules this way; don't remember how much items you can supply with each module).

Rest goes to a trash location with lower priority. Maybe set this up as a separate network, where there's an input chest extracting and letting the system sort. If it's an extraction pipe, you won't need active suppliers. Passive is enough.

Reactions: Hiranus0

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes chassis pipe with up to 8 (mk5) active supplier modules describing the quantity of each, set to a high priority (if 8 modules ain't enough, use more pipes on the inventory; up to 48 modules this way; don't remember how much items you can supply with each module).

Rest goes to a trash location with lower priority. Maybe set this up as a separate network, where there's an input chest extracting and letting the system sort. If it's an extraction pipe, you won't need active suppliers. Passive is enough.
Thanks. Thats good idea.

Next question:
What is the fastest way to travel thousands of blocks, but to place I've never have been before. Im looking for something like "random teleport item" that when used will teleport player to random location in the world. Not necessarily an item though :p

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thanks. Thats good idea.

Next question:
What is the fastest way to travel thousands of blocks, but to place I've never have been before. Im looking for something like "random teleport item" that when used will teleport player to random location in the world. Not necessarily an item though :p
At some point in the past, I'd have directed you to Resonant Ender and the MFR Straw. Drinking a source block teleports you a few kilometers in a random direction. However, at some point when I tested that interaction, it had stopped working. Might've been fixed since then, though.

If you don't mind having a server op reset your teleporter after every use, you could just use a command block with a /tp command set to some arbitrarily chosen coordinates. Heck, you could just have an op teleport new players manually.

Reactions: Predatorkillol

Hiranus0

Jul 29, 2019
At some point in the past, I'd have directed you to Resonant Ender and the MFR Straw. Drinking a source block teleports you a few kilometers in a random direction. However, at some point when I tested that interaction, it had stopped working. Might've been fixed since then, though.

And that's what i'm looking for :) I cant confirm this now, because im in work, but if someone could tell me if it works or not. Anyway, Im still looking for more ideas.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
And that's what i'm looking for :) I cant confirm this now, because im in work, but if someone could tell me if it works or not. Anyway, Im still looking for more ideas.

It's not teleportation, but you could make a TiCo Pan out of Magical Wood and load it with Pistons as upgrades. Place it in an Autonomous Activator and set it to left-click on redstone signal. Drop a pressure plate down and walk on. Best used from high places, and doubles nicely as a fun security system for mountaintop bases.

Alternatively, you could have it attack above it constantly, then use an OpenBlocks Hang-glider to travel. Equip the glider, jump while spinning around to achieve the random factor, then when it shoots you into the air, glide until you hit ground some thousand blocks away.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Thats good idea.

Next question:
Command block with spreadplayers command?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm studying Wither confinment. Namely the Warding focus and Warded Glass. The warding focus used on (regular glass) does not withstand the Wither's first explosion. Warded Glass Is imprevious. However, once he does the initial explosion, he flies through the roof of Warded Glass as if it weren't there. wat?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm studying Wither confinment. Namely the Warding focus and Warded Glass. The warding focus used on (regular glass) does not withstand the Wither's first explosion. Warded Glass Is imprevious. However, once he does the initial explosion, he flies through the roof of Warded Glass as if it weren't there. wat?
Is your cage actually large enough to fully surround him? If not then he will wall-glitch through. He is 1x4x3(depth x heigth x width).

Reactions: Everlasting2

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is your cage actually large enough to fully surround him? If not then he will wall-glitch through. He is 1x4x3(depth x heigth x width).
I do indeed have been trying in a 4x4x4 box (internal dimensions) and the sucker flies over the top. I will proceed with trying with a bigger box. But I'm curious because, pics/films I've seen, with boxes from other mods seem equal/smaller than mine.

Edit: apparentely, making it 5 high solved the rpbolem. Thanks for the help.

Edit 2: you say 3x3, but around or above that, is it open sky? Because I was testing on my creative flat world and above the cage there was nothing.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm using 3x3x3 box for mine and no glitch through. All warded blocks and glass. But I believe I've doubled up on some of the warded walls or it maybe the fact that since it is underground there is a lot of solid block above the wither. I know I made sure every corner block was warded as well.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Withers do have an annoying tendency to glitch upward through things if you spawn them too close to the ceiling. Solid rock (warded or not) above the spawning room would definitely prevent that.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Are Immersive Engineering's ore veins dug by the Excavator infinite? Or can they be?

Never mind. It's a configuration option...

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Playing Project Ozone here...

Is there a way to reset the map? I can't seem to find anything on re-downloading the standard map (my google-fu is weak)

Is botania gated behind a quest chain? I can't make mana spreaders... I put all the stuff in a crafting table, and nothing shows up in the output.. Even tried clicking in it to see if it was a graphics glitch.. no bueno..

Partonetrain

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Project Ozone here...

Is botania gated behind a quest chain? I can't make mana spreaders... I put all the stuff in a crafting table, and nothing shows up in the output.. Even tried clicking in it to see if it was a graphics glitch.. no bueno..

Check NEI for the recipe.

Reactions: Everlasting2