Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
hey i have a question. I'm on the ftb evolved modpack and i'm currently doing bloodmagic. but now i constantly get slowness 4, blindness or mining fatigue 4. what caused this and how do i get rid of it?
Did you run out of LP in your network? And are all of your blood magic sigils/runes/items bound to you?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a Lava Crystal in a furnace that can cause nausea (at least, that I know of). Also, you don't happen to be using any health or regeneration system while near the altar, perchance?

D

Dutch_Undertaker

If you have a Lava Crystal in a furnace that can cause nausea (at least, that I know of). Also, you don't happen to be using any health or regeneration system while near the altar, perchance?

i use notched apples while filling the altar and all the stuff i'm carrying is bound to me. it pretty much started after i did a binding ritual to get the bound sword

and it's always 1 status effect at a time

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is your sword on active state? You haven't told us, but maybe your LP network is empty. If it's empty with the sword active, that may be the cause.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What is best to use to easy combine cobble stone into denser versions. earlygame.

Some automatic function to craft 3x3 pattern.

Probably the answer is a bit too late but I use the autopackager. Send cobble into a chest on the left and it compresses the cobble into a chest on the right, which you then pipe back into the left chest. Once there are nine compressed, the packager compresses that into double-compressed etc etc.

The recipe only requires planks, redstone, some iron and one gold ingot so is early game, but it does take a small amount of power.

PS The autopackager can package 2x2 and/or 3x3

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i use notched apples while filling the altar and all the stuff i'm carrying is bound to me. it pretty much started after i did a binding ritual to get the bound sword

In broad terms:
If you attempt to acctively use LP from your personal network(not an altar) and it is empty, it will hurt you instead, possibly killing you.
If anything is passivily draining LP from your personal network and it is empty, then you will start getting debuffs.

Fill your personal network by either rightclicking with an orb or put an orb in your altar and supply blood.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I ran out of bee space in the chests by my apiary, so i've invested in some apiarist's chests and stuck a storage bus on the bottom so Colin can see them and shuffle the excess drones he collects into them.

However Colin cannot see them or interact with them despite the buses.

Why is this?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I don't know if the Apiarist chests can be automated or not. I've never used them for automation because of the 25 x 5 = 125 slot limit and the multiple pages. Which can be exceeded easily once you start collecting bees. So I've always used other storage means. Too bad the indexer was removed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I ran out of bee space in the chests by my apiary, so i've invested in some apiarist's chests and stuck a storage bus on the bottom so Colin can see them and shuffle the excess drones he collects into them.

However Colin cannot see them or interact with them despite the buses.

Why is this?
Senghir has a thing about making sure cheap early accessible things cannot be exploited by automation etc. That could be the reason. What about Filing cabinets?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ah, well that ruins an otherwise damn fine plan.

I'll give filing cabinets a go. I didn't know they were a thing until you suggested them :)

D

Dutch_Undertaker

In broad terms:
If you attempt to acctively use LP from your personal network(not an altar) and it is empty, it will hurt you instead, possibly killing you.
If anything is passivily draining LP from your personal network and it is empty, then you will start getting debuffs.

Fill your personal network by either rightclicking with an orb or put an orb in your altar and supply blood.

i'm pretty sure my network wasn't empty but now i have nothing in my inventory, everything is stored away and i still have it. the bound sword was in it's inactive state. i'm playing on an online server that just crashed so the generated a completely new world but i still get the debuffs

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
What is the strongest, non-creative-only block (other than reinforced stone) that is nearly impossible to break and is blast-resistant in FTB infinity evolved?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What is the strongest, non-creative-only block (other than reinforced stone) that is nearly impossible to break and is blast-resistant in FTB infinity evolved?

Are you trying to make a wither-killing-room?

If so, Reinforced Obsidian from EnderIO is delightful. It's blastproof to TNT, creepers for sure and most Wither blasts (although occasionally it'll blow out corner blocks for some odd reason).

I've never tested a nuke against it but it's probably tougher than any other material in that regard.

Failing that, get the warding focus from thaumcraft and any non-tile entity becomes ridiculously tough :)

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
Are you trying to make a wither-killing-room?

If so, Reinforced Obsidian from EnderIO is delightful. It's blastproof to TNT, creepers for sure and most Wither blasts (although occasionally it'll blow out corner blocks for some odd reason).

I've never tested a nuke against it but it's probably tougher than any other material in that regard.

Failing that, get the warding focus from thaumcraft and any non-tile entity becomes ridiculously tough :)

Basically trying to make a jail where players can't get in or out with tools and explosions. I know about the plugins that can be put in a server, but i'm talking about a localized jail :)

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
failing that, get the warding focus from thaumcraft and any non-tile entity becomes ridiculously tough

Basically trying to make a jail where players can't get in or out with tools and explosions. I know about the plugins that can be put in a server, but i'm talking about a localized jail :)

If memory serves correctly, the warding focus (from thaumcraft) should prevent the block (not a tile entity) from being broken until it is unwarded (and only by the player who originally warded it).

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Right.

You can break reinforced obsidian with tools (it'd be useless otherwise). But thaumcraft warded glass and any block warded by the warding focus can only be broken by the player who placed it.

You can even put an arcane door in the jail, which is invulnerable to anything that isn't the player who placed it or anyone with the key :)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

If you use high level regen while near an altar you get a debuff. Although I was under the impression this was just supposed to be a hunger debuff not random debuffs.
So I can't be totally certain there.
Also unless it's changed you only get nausea when passives drain your network.

Yeah, using regen to cheese filling up altars wasn't intended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you use high level regen while near an altar you get a debuff. Although I was under the impression this was just supposed to be a hunger debuff not random debuffs.
So I can't be totally certain there.
Also unless it's changed you only get nausea when passives drain your network.

Yeah, using regen to cheese filling up altars wasn't intended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hrm, does that go for mobs too?

In Monster I used to use Geothingummy regeneration crystals to keep my victims alive within the well of suffering. Those crystals are part of chromaticraft now I think, which I haven't used but I was considering resurrecting it as a way round needing an endless supply of power and mob essence to run a villager autospawner.

Reactions: Predatorkillol