Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Also, also, is it worth to put more than a potato as a flux modifier on TiC tools? I was thinking using a potato (cheap) and carrying capacitors.
im not sure if i remember it correctly but there might have been horror storys of using a potato capacitor on tinkers tools . the more clear part is the stats of the capacitor do carry over , charge capacity does carry over , i think charge rate carrys over (this is bad for the potato one theoretically because it has a rate of 0)
i carry around a flux capacitor(tier: electrum+) anyways when i have tools using rf its much easier to charge the capacitor then the tool especially when u have multiple flux using tools

Reactions: Ashendale

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Cant get the extractor module for logistics pipe to work

chest - chassi pipe - golden pipe - chest

nothing goes out from the chest

upgrade is placed in the chassi pipe

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Cant get the extractor module for logistics pipe to work

chest - chassi pipe - golden pipe - chest

nothing goes out from the chest

upgrade is placed in the chassi pipe

My mk3 on Infinity is working perfectly. Is the network powered? Is there anything on its blacklist? Have you tried changing the side from which it extracts on the module GUI?

V

VortexDecoded

can you get me the pack code for material energy^3 if yes please post code as a reply

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I think a supplier destination is valid as long as with an empty black list, or listing items on the white list, if you want several inventories with separate things. But that seems more like a provider instead of a supplier. If so, there's your problem.

A basic pipe with items marked on its list, would also work (don't even need to be the default route), as well as an itemsink or passive supplier module. I think all these work with an extraction.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
figured it out. dident have default route setup properly.

but now i am struggeling with the option of having a stack being pulled out fast instead of just one item.

i want the chest to empty fast.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
figured it out. dident have default route setup properly.

but now i am struggeling with the option of having a stack being pulled out fast instead of just one item.

i want the chest to empty fast.
Upgrade it to an Extractor MK3 and it will pull out, if not full stacks, then close. And you can always stick multiple Extractors in the same Chassis pipe.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
At least according to the LP wiki the Mk 3 is ludicrously better than the previous, Mk 1 is 1 item every 5 seconds, Mk 2 is 1 item/second, and Mk 3 is 1 stack/tick, so yeah Mk 3 is around 1300x faster than Mk 2 supposedly. Can't remember how fast they are in practice from my world.

Reactions: rhn

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quite decent frame rate in my current Infinity world (100+), but ever since I set up the Portal to Alfheim, have 4 Thermalilies coupled with a Blood Magic ritual (which, FYI, is not enough apparently) and about 14 Endoflames (about 40 blocks away) generating mana, I have noticed my FPS going to about 60ish.

Now, I tried deciphering the F3 screen info, but what is labeled as Botania is almost hieroglyphs to me. I've tried Google, but only sources of information I found are regarding the vanilla screen. Anyone know where I can learn about this?

Also, is this frame drop all because of the particles, or should I be looking elsewhere? My portal was powered down due to the lack of mana, but still constantly emits particles (which I consider tummy rumblings). Even if I remove every block of the portal the particles are still there.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I'm setting up some fluid storage. For aesthetic reasons I'm keeping it external rather than putting it all in my ME network, but I want it to be visible and manipulatable via a storage bus.

My question is, which tank type holds the most stuff at max size? Railcraft steel tank is my benchmark at about 20 million mB, anything beat this?

[nb: the reason I mention the storage bus is basically because I know someone will mention the openblocks tank, which is lovely but the storage bus only resolves the single block it's attached to, not the entire structure]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm setting up some fluid storage. For aesthetic reasons I'm keeping it external rather than putting it all in my ME network, but I want it to be visible and manipulatable via a storage bus.

My question is, which tank type holds the most stuff at max size? Railcraft steel tank is my benchmark at about 20 million mB, anything beat this?

[nb: the reason I mention the storage bus is basically because I know someone will mention the openblocks tank, which is lovely but the storage bus only resolves the single block it's attached to, not the entire structure]
So obviously there's the drums from XU, other than that the two that leap to mind are FFS which caps at about 21 million mB iirc, for a 13x13x13 size, and Chromaticraft. Chromaticraft caps at 2 billion mB from a quick glance at the code, needs about 5 stacks of crystal tanks connected together to do so from what I can tell though, 320 blocks isn't even 7x7x7 however.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Mmm...crystal tanks. Seriously, once I'm able to make them and the controllers, I use nothing else for fluid storage. Only thing that comes close are bedrockium drums.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing FTB Unstable 1.8 and I can't get thaumcraft to show anything related to the aura. My Thaumometer doesn't output any gui crap, I'm wearing goggles of revealing but nothing's showing up.

Is thaumcraft 5 broken?

D

Dutch_Undertaker

hey i have a question. I'm on the ftb evolved modpack and i'm currently doing bloodmagic. but now i constantly get slowness 4, blindness or mining fatigue 4. what caused this and how do i get rid of it?