Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
how do i set extra utilities pipes to drop items in one location, but only if there is a place for them to go.
like hooked up to barrels. but if there is no place for them to go there, i want them to go to a chest for items to be sorted.

is there a module or setting for this
or does it only matter how long the distance to the last chest is?
Run a line of transfer pipes behind all of your barrels, using covers and/or the stick rotating feature to ensure that items take a snaking path without any loops that goes by all of the barrels. At the end of that string of pipes, place your chest.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
What is best to use to easy combine cobble stone into denser versions. earlygame.

Some automatic function to craft 3x3 pattern.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is best to use to easy combine cobble stone into denser versions. earlygame.

Storage Drawer "Compacting Drawers". Each will compact 2 levels(put in cobble and it will compact it 2 times). Bonus is you have easy access to all tiers as well. If you need more then just pipe it out of one drawer and into another for 2 levels more. And so on...

Reactions: Inaeo

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got the new update for Curse Voice and started getting crashes (only tried Infinity)? I had Optifine (D3, but D1 gives me no success either) and BetterFPS enabled, and have been running tests to see what this is all about.

Edit: crashes after trying to get into a test world. I get in, look around for a few seconds and crash.

Edit 2: I forced a recreation of the options txt file and it seems to be solved. Weird...

Last edited:

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019

Storage Drawer "Compacting Drawers". Each will compact 2 levels(put in cobble and it will compact it 2 times). Bonus is you have easy access to all tiers as well. If you need more then just pipe it out of one drawer and into another for 2 levels more. And so on...
another way that is even more early game but not really automatic would be a line of Super Crafting Frames(if mod of same name is in the modpack)

lordstarfox

Jul 29, 2019

another way that is even more early game but not really automatic would be a line of Super Crafting Frames(if mod of same name is in the modpack)
+ 'Machine Inventory Manager' block from 'Steve's Factory Manager' mod.
Basically it only needs one piston,one redstone block and some iron to make and it can compress all the way from basic cobblestone to septuple compressed cobblestone. It does require creating some flowcharts,but it's pretty easy to figure out. Also doesn't require any power and doesn't take much space.
upload_2016-3-25_12-58-27.png

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
I think so, either that or chunkloaded, one of the two.
I had a quarry (and then later ender quarry) running in an RFTools dimensions, both should chunk loaded themselves. I also tried chunk loading via FTB utils, but neither machine would run until I visited the dimension. Bah, I guess I can visit every time the server restarts.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I had a quarry (and then later ender quarry) running in an RFTools dimensions, both should chunk loaded themselves. I also tried chunk loading via FTB utils, but neither machine would run until I visited the dimension. Bah, I guess I can visit every time the server restarts.
Not sure about RF dimensions, but recently I had an Ender Quarry in the Twilight Forest. On reload I had to visit the dimension to get it loaded again. A workaround would be to chunk load the place where she is using FTB Utils or something else.

Question: cobbleworks. What can I set it to make on Infinity? I'm thinking cobble (duh), smooth stone, sand, gravel, niter, flint, glass, silicone. Anything else useful I'm missing?

Edit: also, Twilight Forest oregen. I don't seem to be getting any of the Chisel rocks nor AE2 quartz ores. Is this intended? Nevermind. I realized the height is much lower, causing ores not to spawn.

Also, also, is it worth to put more than a potato as a flux modifier on TiC tools? I was thinking using a potato (cheap) and carrying capacitors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fraction2

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
How can i tell a logistics pipe to take things always out from a chest and push out into my network of pipes?
like a chest where i drop all items after i mined?