Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you using IC2 Power mostly, the IC2 Nuclear is the obvious choice.
If you using RF mostly, Big Reactors of some description is the most popular choice for late-game power, especially when you add in a turbine.
A passive-cooled big reactor is generally less efficient than the equivalently producing Active-cooled Reactor + Turbine.

It's usually not worth considering converting EU and RF between each other, at least in my opinion.

The most efficient choice would probably be a passively cooled Big Reactor. Turbines are even more efficient but more expensive and really unnecessary unless you need tons of power. Here is the online simulator for testing out designs, so you don't have to do it in world. There is a lot of configuration you can do with Big Reactors and what kind of design you go with depends largely on how much power you want and how much you value efficiency.

Alright, thanks.

Passive cooled means I just shove in the coolant and close the multi-block, and passive means I put water via piping, right?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Alright, thanks.

Passive cooled means I just shove in the coolant and close the multi-block, and passive means I put water via piping, right?
Passive means NO "Reactor Cooling Ports", Active means at least 2x "Reactor Cooling Ports".

You have to build the reactor multiblock based on the same mechanics(Fuel rods, radition, thermal conductivity etc.) no matter which principle you choose. Only difference is that actively cooled get a small bonus to cooling(lower temperature).

The whole purpose of Actively cooled reactors is to generate steam from water yes. And this Steam is usually used in a BR Turbine(it is one of the few things really that can handle that much steam) to approx 10x the efficiency of the fuel, but at the cost of not being able to toggle it on and off on demand. Turbines have a long spool-up time that means they are suited only for constant running. therefore plan your reactor/turbine according to your power needs.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Applied energistics 2, following setup:

http://imgur.com/gallery/y1CbK/new

5 MACs, each with 4 interfaces. By my math, that makes 20 channels connected to a dense cable, connected to a p2p tunnel, connected to another dense cable wich is connected to a controller.

Problem is: my interface terminal does not detect all the interfaces. I gave them different names to help me keep things organized, and some are missing. About 4-5.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Am I going nuts or can't I place levers on pistons? I'm 90% sure i've done it before... every time I've killed the ender dragon. Playing FTB Departed.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Applied energistics 2, following setup:

http://imgur.com/gallery/y1CbK/new

5 MACs, each with 4 interfaces. By my math, that makes 20 channels connected to a dense cable, connected to a p2p tunnel, connected to another dense cable wich is connected to a controller.

Problem is: my interface terminal does not detect all the interfaces. I gave them different names to help me keep things organized, and some are missing. About 4-5.
  • Are all the Molecular Assemblers receiving power? They won't take power from the cover Interfaces (IIRC), but they will work with the full-block Interfaces. Just connect an ME cable to the bottom; they don't need a channel.
  • The cables attached to the Interfaces on the left and right of the central Assembler don't seem to go anywhere. Are they connected to something that I can't see in your screenshots?
  • How many channels, exactly, are your P2P dense cables actually using? AE2 integrates with WAILA; just turn that on and look at the cable block; it'll tell you.
  • If none of that leads you to the problem, try replacing those glass cables with smart ones, at least at the intersections and where they connect to other things. That'll show you where, exactly, the channels are being used.

Reactions: Ashendale

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to do Inter-linking portal books in an Age? Basically, be in an age, and have books act like warps to get to other areas of said age?
If so, how do I do it?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a couple of game/launcher shutdowns today, everything has been fine, the last update was days back so that should not be the issue.

I have crash report at http://pastebin.com/rTbNvrmC

Hope someone can see a cause, I am not well versed in reading these.

I have checked that java is up to date. My drive has plenty of space and I de-fragmented just to be sure.

This is on the DW20 pack recommended version (1.4.1)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to do Inter-linking portal books in an Age? Basically, be in an age, and have books act like warps to get to other areas of said age?
If so, how do I do it?
I believe that was answered here in the last few days, "Intra link" panel, I think, is what you need

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft Intralinking Linking books is the easiest way to set up teleporting probably.

But keep in mind that Tropical bees will work just fine in a Normal/Normal biome.
And ExtraBees have several machines/Alvery heater/fans to allow you to breed bees outside their preferred biomes and then change their tolerances.

Or you can go completely eeze mode and use Gendustry ofc.

found the message

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I am having my own troubles at the moment and can't try this, it may be out of date.

let us know if it works
If it is still this way, then the video is slightly off. Taking the page out while the ink is green has no actual bearing on your success, it's just a visual representation of the ratio of your chance of getting an intra versus other page.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a couple of game/launcher shutdowns today, everything has been fine, the last update was days back so that should not be the issue.

I have crash report at http://pastebin.com/rTbNvrmC

Hope someone can see a cause, I am not well versed in reading these.

I have checked that java is up to date. My drive has plenty of space and I de-fragmented just to be sure.

This is on the DW20 pack recommended version (1.4.1)

I thought back to anything that could be the cause - the only thing I did different yesterday was added 3 BiblioCraft Oak Clocks and I have been playing longer than the 2 shutdowns since I removed them.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
  • Are all the Molecular Assemblers receiving power? They won't take power from the cover Interfaces (IIRC), but they will work with the full-block Interfaces. Just connect an ME cable to the bottom; they don't need a channel.
  • The cables attached to the Interfaces on the left and right of the central Assembler don't seem to go anywhere. Are they connected to something that I can't see in your screenshots?
  • How many channels, exactly, are your P2P dense cables actually using? AE2 integrates with WAILA; just turn that on and look at the cable block; it'll tell you.
  • If none of that leads you to the problem, try replacing those glass cables with smart ones, at least at the intersections and where they connect to other things. That'll show you where, exactly, the channels are being used.

Smart cable helped a lot. for some reason, with the setup I had, they were conflicting. I made the assemblers 2 blocks apart, instead of 1. With the help of anchors, the side interface cables do not connect and the issue is solved. My fault, because I tested and I think i came to the conclusion that you need to separate your machines in groups of 8, rather than just connecting 32 units straight into a dense cable...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Smart cable helped a lot. for some reason, with the setup I had, they were conflicting. I made the assemblers 2 blocks apart, instead of 1. With the help of anchors, the side interface cables do not connect and the issue is solved. My fault, because I tested and I think i came to the conclusion that you need to separate your machines in groups of 8, rather than just connecting 32 units straight into a dense cable...
Dense Cable doesn't actually connect to things, other than cable, from what I have seen... or at least, you can't place terminals on them

Reactions: Ashendale

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Dense Cable connects to everything, except things like Buses or Terminals. (This means that they will connect to block interfaces, but not the flat interfaces). On that note, devices (like ME Drives or Interfaces, can only transfer 8 channels)