Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
With forge microblocks is there anyway to place a slab in the middle of a block?
The only thing I can think of that comes near it, is using Railcraft "Walls".
Or you can shift it half a block and use 2x Panels in the block boundary(one on each side of the line).

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, nether ores in a Macerator turn into undesirable items. For example, nether lapis ore turns into lapis dust and nether diamond ore turns into diamond dust. Is there any way to change this so that I can get actual lapis and diamonds? I'm playing on a server that I run, but if I did change it, would other players have to change it as well, or would it change for everyone?

EDIT: My mistake, I meant a pulverizer rather than a macerator.

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
In Infinity, nether ores in a Macerator turn into undesirable items. For example, nether lapis ore turns into lapis dust and nether diamond ore turns into diamond dust. Is there any way to change this so that I can get actual lapis and diamonds? I'm playing on a server that I run, but if I did change it, would other players have to change it as well, or would it change for everyone?
I think it was a sagmill from Ender IO to get normal ore and other items, and then you can process the ores however you'd like.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, IC2 screws over nether ores. Your only option is to smelt them into the ores, and than macerate/pulverize them

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
How do I automatically insert items (Silicon, Gold, Diamond, Pure Certus) into AE2 Inscribers without using SFM? I can only get those items to go in the middle and not the top/bottom slots like they need to be.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How do I automatically insert items (Silicon, Gold, Diamond, Pure Certus) into AE2 Inscribers without using SFM? I can only get those items to go in the middle and not the top/bottom slots like they need to be.
Trying putting them in through the side? (but not the front)

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Trying putting them in through the side? (but not the front)

No that does't work :(

If I try to put them into the side then nothing happens, they just don't go in. The only thing that I can insert into the top/bottom slots are the presses and the printed logic circuits, but the items I listed just don't go in.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was a sagmill from Ender IO to get normal ore and other items, and then you can process the ores however you'd like.

The SAG Mill doesn't accept the nether ores.

Insert items from the top (I use a hopper ) for the top slot. Insert from the bottom (I use a chest and a transfer node) for the bottom slot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another question. Does anyone know of a way to access deep stores from an ME system? I figure an import bus would just import the items back into the system, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a way to access them somewhere.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
I will when I can.
Ok. I just tried it three times of getting an inter-linking page. It's not working. I waited until the middle was green then grabbed the page, and it was still a regular Link Panel.
Is there an updated way of getting this to work, or is it just pure RNG? Like a very, VERY rare chance of getting just one inter-linking page?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I just tried it three times of getting an inter-linking page. It's not working. I waited until the middle was green then grabbed the page, and it was still a regular Link Panel.
Is there an updated way of getting this to work, or is it just pure RNG? Like a very, VERY rare chance of getting just one inter-linking page?
Like I said in my reply to that earlier, the video is partially wrong: grabbing it when it's the color doesn't actually help. You want to add the item until you get a good visual ratio of green versus black to improve your chances.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No that does't work :(

If I try to put them into the side then nothing happens, they just don't go in. The only thing that I can insert into the top/bottom slots are the presses and the printed logic circuits, but the items I listed just don't go in.
What is it you are trying to automate?
If it's circuits, your best bet is to use multiple inscribers, and have 1 for each press + 1 extra for assembling everything (when you shove everything in, it should be done correctly)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
To my knowledge, the Silcon Gold Diamond and Pure Certus are only meant to go in the middle slots. You then press them with their respective press (Silicon, Logic, Engineering and Calculation) to get the printed ciruit and silicon, which is then put in opposite slots to each other, with redstone in the middle.

I have another question. Does anyone know of a way to access deep stores from an ME system? I figure an import bus would just import the items back into the system, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a way to access them somewhere.

You'll need a storage bus.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need a storage bus.

Ah thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question concerning Mystcraft ages. I want to delete a few, but I'm having a problem identifying which files are which. I know DIM 1 and -1 are the nether and End (or so I believe), but the other files are just random numbers. I looked at the Mystcraft FAQ and it said that using a Link Modifier would identify the age number. However this isn't the case. I've also tried going into the data files of the DIM files to see if I can get any information on the ages and that only shows "villages.dat".

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah thank you!

I have a question concerning Mystcraft ages. I want to delete a few, but I'm having a problem identifying which files are which. I know DIM 1 and -1 are the nether and End (or so I believe), but the other files are just random numbers. I looked at the Mystcraft FAQ and it said that using a Link Modifier would identify the age number. However this isn't the case. I've also tried going into the data files of the DIM files to see if I can get any information on the ages and that only shows "villages.dat".
If you have ChickenChunks you can open the /chunkloaders map. Then go to the age and look through the different ages on the popup map until you find the age which you are in(easy to spot by a giant red square that moves around when you do(think it also says your name when you mouse over it)). Then you got the dimension number matching the age that you are in.

Reactions: Knux897

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
If you have ChickenChunks you can open the /chunkloaders map. Then go to the age and look through the different ages on the popup map until you find the age which you are in(easy to spot by a giant red square that moves around when you do(think it also says your name when you mouse over it)). Then you got the dimension number matching the age that you are in.

EDIT: Uh oh, this doesn't seem to work. I found the dimension number but that dimension doesn't appear in my files. I tried it with another dimension as well, and that's not in there either. Perhaps it's an issue with where I'm looking?

I'm going into the world directory. Would that be the correct place to go? As far as I can tell it is because of the DIM directories. One is a bit odd as well. All of them are labeled as "DIM *Insert # here*". However there is one labeled "DIM MYST-2147483648"

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ah, excellent solution! Thank you very much!
Also, I have used the link modifier in the past. You have to cheat it in there is no way to make that device anymore since it is only intended for admins/server owners. But you need to place the descriptive book for the age into the link modifier and the modifier will display the dimension ID. You can then shutdown the game/server and delete out the age and it corresponding age.dat file. Before you do this make sure in game you destroy any link books and the descriptive book to that age.

Endorphinz

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick question. I did a quick search through the thread, and the forums in general, but couldn't seem to find any answers.
It's not really a bug that I'm having, but regarding movement, there's like this auto run feature: whenever I do forward + jump in quick succession, it makes my character run, same if I walk off a ledge, I hit the ground running. It's not a huge deal, but I want to know which mod pack, if any, added this behavior, and if it's possible to disable it? I've checked, and it doesn't happen in vanilla MC 1.7.10.
The modpack I'm using is FTB Lite 3 1.21

I eventually found out that this was caused by wearing jetpacks from the Simply Jetpacks mod, but I'm not sure why that's a feature~

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I posted yesterday, with a crash report (message #22122), about a shutdown issue. I thought it was solved by removing BiblioCraft Oak Clocks.I had a long session today without any problem, but after a couple of hours tonight it shutdown again. I print screened the launcher, something about a "state engine" - can anyone shine a light

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I posted yesterday, with a crash report (message #22122), about a shutdown issue. I thought it was solved by removing BiblioCraft Oak Clocks.I had a long session today without any problem, but after a couple of hours tonight it shutdown again. I print screened the launcher, something about a "state engine" - can anyone shine a light
Providing a crash report is usually a standard when people come seeking advice about how to fix a crash