Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to take a second player with you, using the Magnetic Force (Random Things) and if so, how? I think, it already happened to me once but I haven't been able to do it myself.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks. Also, I think i should have mentioned, but I won't be using the block interfaces and instead, the smaller version that connects with the cable and doesn't take a block for itself. Does it make a difference?
The small interfaces won't transfer power so you would have to power the assembler on one side

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I got another Thaumcraft question. This one is about the Arcane Golem. I can't get him to hold onto a phial and move Essentia over to the jars.
I did right click on the Arcane Albanic with the Golem in my hand, and it's not working. The same is happening for the Alchemical Furnace.
Here's my setup;
http://puu.sh/ihPSB/6720fde5c6.jpg
http://puu.sh/ihPTA/b3b837010a.jpg
http://puu.sh/ihPUs/5ead087051.jpg

The Golem doesn't have any upgrades right now. Just created it. It's a Tallow Golem. I put in some Arbor to see if it would move to the correct jar, but as I said, he's not moving at all.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. I got another Thaumcraft question. This one is about the Arcane Golem. I can't get him to hold onto a phial and move Essentia over to the jars.
I did right click on the Arcane Albanic with the Golem in my hand, and it's not working. The same is happening for the Alchemical Furnace.
Here's my setup;
http://puu.sh/ihPSB/6720fde5c6.jpg
http://puu.sh/ihPTA/b3b837010a.jpg
http://puu.sh/ihPUs/5ead087051.jpg

The Golem doesn't have any upgrades right now. Just created it. It's a Tallow Golem. I put in some Arbor to see if it would move to the correct jar, but as I said, he's not moving at all.
He needs an assigned chest with phials in it to use them.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh.. I see. Thanks.

One last Thaumcraft question (hopefully this is the last). Thanks to the help of my lab assistant (the Tallow Golem), I made a 'fishing buddy' to catch fish and other things for me.

I also made another Tallow Golem to gather these things and put them in a chest. He's doing that fine, but the thing is... he won't go in the water if the fish drop or whatever drops, goes back into the water instead of on land. And he keeps going back and forth between the chest and where the item is, trying to get it.

Is there anyway to make a Golem go in the water and get the item? Or is this something I'm just going to have to deal with, when the fish are constantly despawning due to the Gather golem not able to get to them?
I tried to give him a Water upgrade, thinking this would help. It didn't. I don't think an Order upgrade would either, but.. I'm open to suggestions.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ohh.. I see. Thanks.

One last Thaumcraft question (hopefully this is the last). Thanks to the help of my lab assistant (the Tallow Golem), I made a 'fishing buddy' to catch fish and other things for me.

I also made another Tallow Golem to gather these things and put them in a chest. He's doing that fine, but the thing is... he won't go in the water if the fish drop or whatever drops, goes back into the water instead of on land. And he keeps going back and forth between the chest and where the item is, trying to get it.

Is there anyway to make a Golem go in the water and get the item? Or is this something I'm just going to have to deal with, when the fish are constantly despawning due to the Gather golem not able to get to them?
I tried to give him a Water upgrade, thinking this would help. It didn't. I don't think an Order upgrade would either, but.. I'm open to suggestions.
I might recommend using another mod's item collection system, rather than relying on the golem. An OpenBlocks Vacuum Hopper or a Botania Hopperhock should do it.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh.. I see. Thanks.

Tallow Golems float in water, you need a clay, stone, iron or thaumium golem for it to sink.

I might recommend using another mod's item collection system, rather than relying on the golem. An OpenBlocks Vacuum Hopper or a Botania Hopperhock should do it.
And I agree with this statement for dealing with dropped items.

Benie76

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the thing about the Fishing golem and where I'm testing (as if I actually had a proper setup), what he fishes up go everywhere in the water instead of one area. And I doubt a single Vacuum Hopper can catch all of them.
Then again, maybe I don't know the range of one.

Here's what I mean;
http://puu.sh/ihVz8/84186d5ccb.jpg
You see a fish near me. Up there is a pier test area (for my future dock) with the Fishing golem. This fish is what he got. So.. can a Vacuum Hopper get this too?
Or can I fix the direction he fishes with an Order upgrade, so he'll fish only on a specific direction, then have a Vacuum Hopper where the fish will drop in the water?

EDIT: Figured it out. Vacuum Hopper with a chest next to the golem. It's catching them everytime.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a place where I can view/preview available texture packs for Infinity? Only Infinity specific pack I found was Sphax's. No other (that I perceived) has a texture pack made to be compatible with Infinity ( besides the ones found on the launcher)...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a place where I can view/preview available texture packs for Infinity? Only Infinity specific pack I found was Sphax's. No other (that I perceived) has a texture pack made to be compatible with Infinity ( besides the ones found on the launcher)...
To preview what it looks like, find a forum thread, and look.
However, it is unlikely that any texture pack will 100% support Infinity.
Sphax, Faithful, and Soartex Fanver are the 3 most mod-friendly texture packs, as they support a lot of mods. However, no matter how hard you try, there will always be mods that aren't supported.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW can anyone tell me what's the "Maxvariance" in the COFH Ore Gen in the config files going to do

PS: Also does anyone know where I can download the Ore Gen Config Files for Dw20

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
BTW can anyone tell me what's the "Maxvariance" in the COFH Ore Gen in the config files going to do

PS: Also does anyone know where I can download the Ore Gen Config Files for Dw20
I would assume that would be how far out from the numbers you put in it could go.
For example, ores per vein, if you said generate 8 per vein, with a max variance of 3, you could get 5 ores per vein, or 11... or anything in between

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume that would be how far out from the numbers you put in it could go.
For example, ores per vein, if you said generate 8 per vein, with a max variance of 3, you could get 5 ores per vein, or 11... or anything in between
It's the distribution of the ores according to Y level ABC so far as I can tell

For example

Meanheight= 30
MaxVariance=10

So the predetermined number of ores will occur within X Variance around Y level 30. The problem is that I don't know if it's Max Variance according to Range, one standard deviation, or etc.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It's the distribution of the ores according to Y level ABC so far as I can tell

For example

Meanheight= 30
MaxVariance=10

So the predetermined number of ores will occur within X Variance around Y level 30. The problem is that I don't know if it's Max Variance according to Range, one standard deviation, or etc.
If you have mean height at 30 the max variance of 10, I would assume (though I may be wrong) that you will commonly find that ore between layers 20 and 40. Though I can't say for sure.
I don't think it would be standard deviations though, seeing as mean height is 30

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I have just finished setting up my first AE2 system and it's working really great, I'm really happy with it, though I am going to run out of space to put my autocrafting patterns soon!

Since I have a 'Crafting Co-Processing Unit' in my crafting computer, can I just set up a wall of ME Interface's and fill them with autocrafting patterns? I don't have to worry about where they are in the network (as long as they have their own channels), and I don't have to worry about linking them up to their own Molecular Assemblers right?

Thankyou!

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've been reading on nuclear reactors for Infinity and I'm a bit confused. So, ignoring all safety concerns ( nuclear, shmuclear) what should I aim for? IC2 nuclear reactor? Big reactor? Big reactor+turbine? Just a turbine?

(Sidenote: I don't think I ever dedicated so much time and thought to a game; I feel I'm about as creative as a potato, but I look at my little tree house and surroundings and wonder if I should call an exorcist...)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I have just finished setting up my first AE2 system and it's working really great, I'm really happy with it, though I am going to run out of space to put my autocrafting patterns soon!

Since I have a 'Crafting Co-Processing Unit' in my crafting computer, can I just set up a wall of ME Interface's and fill them with autocrafting patterns? I don't have to worry about where they are in the network (as long as they have their own channels), and I don't have to worry about linking them up to their own Molecular Assemblers right?

Thankyou!
The Molecular Assembler does the crafting, so the interface has to go next to one of those.

Crafting Co-processing Units, as part of a Crafting CPU, allow the CPU to do multiple steps of a crafting operation at once. Say I'm making 4 sticky pistons.
A Crafting CPU with no co-processing units, will craft logs into planks, one crafting operation at a time, then make the pistons with redstone planks cobble and iron, then finally make the sticky pistons with the piston and slimeball. Add in a Coprocessor, and the CPU can do multiple steps at once. So it can make 4 planks, and 1 piston at the same time. It does NOT allow you to perform multiple crafting requests at once, you need multiple crafting CPU Multiblocks for that.
I've been reading on nuclear reactors for Infinity and I'm a bit confused. So, ignoring all safety concerns ( nuclear, shmuclear) what should I aim for? IC2 nuclear reactor? Big reactor? Big reactor+turbine? Just a turbine?

(Sidenote: I don't think I ever dedicated so much time and thought to a game; I feel I'm about as creative as a potato, but I look at my little tree house and surroundings and wonder if I should call an exorcist...)

If you using IC2 Power mostly, the IC2 Nuclear is the obvious choice.
If you using RF mostly, Big Reactors of some description is the most popular choice for late-game power, especially when you add in a turbine.
A passive-cooled big reactor is generally less efficient than the equivalently producing Active-cooled Reactor + Turbine.

It's usually not worth considering converting EU and RF between each other, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: tsjb

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019

The most efficient choice would probably be a passively cooled Big Reactor. Turbines are even more efficient but more expensive and really unnecessary unless you need tons of power. Here is the online simulator for testing out designs, so you don't have to do it in world. There is a lot of configuration you can do with Big Reactors and what kind of design you go with depends largely on how much power you want and how much you value efficiency.