Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hErbs

Jul 29, 2019
that's the new forge splash screen the reason you don't see it on FTB light is that the version of forge FTB light uses is 7 months old the splash screen was only added like 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Actually it does show in FTBLite3, but only on the first run .. but maybe you are on to something ..

I did however switch the forge versions for my FTBLite to accommodate some mods I had been upgrading, and it still only showed on the first run after that ..

meh .. I guess I just have to get used to it :p .. like in the "old days" when you'd start up your PC and go grab a cup of whatever you liked to drink :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Or just use the Arcane Worktable to charge your wands once you are feeding it from an energized node.
I assumed that he was asking about the wand recharge pedestal because he wanted to automatically recharge a staff, since those don't fit in the worktable. Also, he said he already knows about the Vis Charging Relay.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
does the mod simplyjetpack allow for some thing to increase flight speed

or is there something else that can make flight easily early game and allow for more controlable flight?

preferable not any magic mod

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019

or is there something else that can make flight easily early game and allow for more controlable flight?

The higher the tier of jet pack you go the more control and speed you get

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Higher-tier jetpacks do go faster; however, the most useful thing I've found to pair with a jetpack is a Hang Glider form OpenBlocks. Use your jetpack to go up, activate the glider, and glide back down without using any fuel.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Big Reactors question. Using the BR planner, I'm wondering if every coolant space in the reactor needs a source block. In videos, I keep seeing people let the coolant flow. So for this design, could I use just 4 liquid enderium, letting it flow out and down? Or just down with 12 blocks? Or do I need all 24 spaces filled with source blocks, both horizontally and vertically?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
that's the new forge splash screen the reason you don't see it on FTB light is that the version of forge FTB light uses is 7 months old the splash screen was only added like 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Actually, if you load Direwolf20 v.1.4.0 the anvil no longer rotates but the hammer strikes the anvil. The new pack has a newer version of Forge.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Big Reactors question. Using the BR planner, I'm wondering if every coolant space in the reactor needs a source block. In videos, I keep seeing people let the coolant flow. So for this design, could I use just 4 liquid enderium, letting it flow out and down? Or just down with 12 blocks? Or do I need all 24 spaces filled with source blocks, both horizontally and vertically?
Flowing Ender is just as good as source blocks. So be as creative with fluid mechanics as you can to save those precious pearls if you like.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh and technically you could do that reactor with just 2 source blocks. Place them in two opposite corners at the top most layer on a block. Let if flow out to both sides on temporary blocks and thereafter remove these.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
how to use extra utilities pipes to sort items.

i have setup a network of sorting pipes to each chest. and after this path of pipes i have two normal transfer pipes going to a chest.

the idea was that all things should be sorted except for those things that dont have a item in a chest already.

but still items are going to the last chest even if a chest before with a sorting pipe have that item, why is this?

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
How can I make a logistics requester pipe be able to request from an ae into an ender chest so I can request stuff anywhere I used to know but haven't done it in ages was hoping someone else would know thanks :p

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
how to use extra utilities pipes to sort items.

i have setup a network of sorting pipes to each chest. and after this path of pipes i have two normal transfer pipes going to a chest.

the idea was that all things should be sorted except for those things that dont have a item in a chest already.

but still items are going to the last chest even if a chest before with a sorting pipe have that item, why is this?
Try add a transfer pipe leading to a chest with no filter pipe the items have no where to go otherwise so go into the last chest

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh and technically you could do that reactor with just 2 source blocks. Place them in two opposite corners at the top most layer on a block. Let if flow out to both sides on temporary blocks and thereafter remove these.
Oh, nice. Forgot those corner blocks were just placeholders and I could flow through them. I'm not THAT shy on ender pearls, but hey, efficiency.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Flowing Ender is just as good as source blocks. So be as creative with fluid mechanics as you can to save those precious pearls if you like.

Seriously? Since when? Because in 1.6 I filled an entire massive reactor with source blocks by hand and now I'm annoyed(pre-floodgate).