Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No they weren't. @Ashendale said all the power drained, and I had first-hand experience as well. They drained fully. Unless it was a later version, of course...
It may have just been a thing with the Magmatic Dynamo in 1.6, as that is all I ever used. But if they didn't have lava in them, their internal buffer wouldn't drain... at least I didn't think they did, I can't remember, but I am sure that was the case.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to add a quick teleport around my base with portal gun portals and have found they have issues - not complaining as it is a new implementation of the mod but here is my issue - after I log off my 4 destination set up does not come back properly, I thought that it may have been that it was active when I log off so I altered the setup and they were not active but this still happened. Not really a question just a FYI for others playing around with this mod.

upload_2015-5-28_22-52-20.png

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back Jordsta, you've been missed!
Wasn't she here the entire time? o_O
Pretty much this

I have been trying to add a quick teleport around my base with portal gun portals and have found they have issues - not complaining as it is a new implementation of the mod but here is my issue - after I log off my 4 destination set up does not come back properly, I thought that it may have been that it was active when I log off so I altered the setup and they were not active but this still happened. Not really a question just a FYI for others playing around with this mod.

View attachment 19761
They don't look like portals (from the gun), but they should never be in half like that.
Portal Guns only recently got released for 1.7, so it may be a while before it is "stable" (like it ever was?)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much this

They don't look like portals (from the gun), but they should never be in half like that.
Portal Guns only recently got released for 1.7, so it may be a while before it is "stable" (like it ever was?)
Your right they are not "from the gun' portals, they are craftable portals, using nether stars, that you place on a wall and assign a portal "colour". You can then, in theory, use a portal gun to connect to this or assign another placed portal to be the other end. A redstone signal activates them. The 2 block faces on the left are how they should appear without a signal, the right face shows a broken portal block. The cause of the broken portal is I logged off. Like I said this is a work in progress and hopefully portals will be fixed before xycraft comes out.
***I know xycraft is unrelated to portal - just saying that it is not 'urgent' but would be nice to have one day!

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I got myself thinking (regarding a previous question): even if the steam dynamos do not produce more energy unless they have fuel, why do the wooden pipes keep their internal buffer full? Do they take on the same properties to what they're connected to?

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a couple of sender/receivers today and noticed the named list did not show all my previous name settings - the numbers stayed so try just setting frequency numbers and see if that helps.

When I log back in tonight I will see how my new ones are - you could be right, something is a bit dodgy with them
Okay I updated the chunks and left the quarry running over night and now it's not moving I changed the frequency to Number only and yet still the same problem.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I updated the chunks and left the quarry running over night and now it's not moving I changed the frequency to Number only and yet still the same problem.
I looked at the ones I setup today and they are working fine, so I guess the wireless senders/receivers are not the issue, did you try putting a chunk loader off the frame? Set up in a line so that it will cover the area of travel for a few chunks.

Edit - I just had a thought, have you set it up similar to DW20 frame quarry with a location away from the frame that has the the wireless setup and a computer? Is that area chunk loaded?

Last edited:

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the ones I setup today and they are working fine, so I guess the wireless senders/receivers are not the issue, did you try putting a chunk loader off the frame? Set up in a line so that it will cover the area of travel for a few chunks.

Edit - I just had a thought, have you set it up similar to DW20 frame quarry with a location away from the frame that has the the wireless setup and a computer? Is that area chunk loaded?
I modified the quarry code a bit it works fin and the computer area is chunkloaded

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am running out of ideas so I just want to clarify the situation!
You have a frame quarry that works fine when your near it, but if you leave the area the quarry stops working.
The quarry has a chunk loader that covers a sufficient radius and the computer area is chunk loaded.
The quarry power generation is chunk loaded.

Does the quarry resume working when you return or do you have to do something to get it to run? and does the quarry computer run automatically (startup = shell.run)?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Can I play with windows 10? :)

I just fresh loaded win10 v10122 on my dual-boot partition last week.

The first thing I did was to install the Curse loader and install Direwolf20, Agrarian Skies 2 and Vanilla MC. I didn't even have to mess with Java as the new Mojang loader starts a runtime version (1.8.0_25) for you now with all the proper settings.

Everything is still working great for me.

Reactions: Niidikene

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
i have 2 computers i want to run agrarian skies 2 on them here are the specs for both the first one has intel(R) core(TM) 2 duo cpu e7500 @ 2.93GHz for the prosesor it has 4.00 gb of ram 32 bit oberating and it runs window 7 professional
the second computer has intel(R) core(TM) 1.5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz 1.60GHz 2.00GB and 64-bit java
so am i better using the first computer or the second computer
sorry i am new to the fourms so soory if this is in the wrong place

I've heard of 32-bit systems running packs based on up to Minecraft version 1.6 if they're small ones, but I've not heard of packs based on MC 1.7 doing so.

A 32-bit Windows system with full memory (3GB) barely has enough ram to run Java, MC and any mod pack... too bad it doesn't have enough to run Windows, at the same time.

The 64-bit machine needs more memory to run Modded Minecraft. Right now it's using most if not all of your 2GB to run Windows. You should add a minimum of 2GB, for a total of 4GB ram to run tiny packs but large packs will need a total of 6 or 8GB to run smoother.

Reactions: jordsta95

hErbs

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, turning off mod initialization? Why the heck would you want to do that? You don't want any features to load?

I am talking about the loading screen for the modpacks .. the one with the hammer and anvil spinning around ..

Skærmbillede 2015-05-28 18.35.40.png

It only did it once in FTB Lite, or when I updated some core mods to newer versions, but it does it every time in DW30 1.3.1, and it's annoying me that I know the other modpack doesn't, and this one doesn't lol .. I know #1stworldproblems right? :p

Last edited:

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
I am talking about the loading screen for the modpacks .. the one with the hammer and anvil spinning around ..

View attachment 19778

It only did it once in FTB Lite, or when I updated some core mods to newer versions, but it does it every time in DW30 1.3.1, and it's annoying me that I know the other modpack doesn't, and this one doesn't lol .. I know #1stworldproblems right? :p
that's the new forge splash screen the reason you don't see it on FTB light is that the version of forge FTB light uses is 7 months old the splash screen was only added like 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Reactions: KhrFreak