Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
There was an old tutorial on the forums here that's obviously buried pretty far in by this point... But the gist was that you take your forestry trees you want to breed together and put them in an enclosed space, butterflies will spawn from their leaf blocks and start pollinating the trees for you.
Butterflies are just for pollination?
Speaking of tree breeding, I've never really messed with it before. Are there any pretty woods in Forestry? Right now I am using Sakura and Eucalyptus, which is fine, I like the colour scheme... but other woods would be nice :)

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Butterflies are just for pollination?
Speaking of tree breeding, I've never really messed with it before. Are there any pretty woods in Forestry? Right now I am using Sakura and Eucalyptus, which is fine, I like the colour scheme... but other woods would be nice :)
There's a whole rainbow of woods! This picture for the bibliocraft addon for them shows them off nicely. ;)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched the Gendustry (first) episode and I must say that my error of calling the Genetics mod Gendustry was a bad error. This is more like the way mechanical breeding was done in 1.6.4 but from what I have seen much improved. I am not sure if it is too easy, but it does not make it harder than manual breeding (like GENETICS does) so I hope Dire gets it in the pack before too long so we can test it out.

DerpyPanda22

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info, Dire did mention it was likely - Do you know if the kekimurus took a hit as well? I have the resourses to set up a cake system but if it is low return may not bother.
It didn't really you just have to make the portal to alfheim to upgrade your book to get the recipe.

DerpyPanda22

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the generating flowers other than the Endoflame and Thermalily were actually buffed a while back. The Kekimurus should work quite well.

(a) Probably, although I haven't tested it.
(b) No idea.
(c) It's in the Thaumic Tinkerer section somewhere. I don't know where exactly.

The thermilily has a few second cool down now between mana bursts

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I find a good guide, in addition to direwolf20's spotlight, for Applied Energistics 2? In particular, I need help with understanding how channels work.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Where can I find a good guide, in addition to direwolf20's spotlight, for Applied Energistics 2? In particular, I need help with understanding how channels work.
The mod's also pretty well documented on its wiki. There's a pretty good video on this page made by Algorithm himself that shows most, if not all, of the ways you can manage your channels.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It may only be me that finds this odd... I just looked for the latest DW20 video and it is called Forgecraft2 E6 E27 Gendustry ... how weird is that?

I always find it amusing and coincidental that Direwolf seems to answer some question in this thread in a "Let's Play" episode posted within one or two days before the question is asked.

Either that or there are "advanced features" in Blood Magic he's not telling us about... :D

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I always find it amusing and coincidental that Direwolf seems to answer some question in this thread in a "Let's Play" episode posted within one or two days before the question is asked.
it is even weirder as he has a backlog of videos.
One thing is for sure if you want to get into modded minecraft his lets plays are a very good starting point

Reactions: Niidikene

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
it is even weirder as he has a backlog of videos.
One thing is for sure if you want to get into modded minecraft his lets plays are a very good starting point

And not just for new players... lazy ones like me, I watch the forgecraft series to see what is likely to be in the next pack build (or maybe even added to the current pack) and watch the Lets Play to have a design to base my play through on, I deviate when hes doing something I don't want to do and accelerate things I am familiar with eg. I have been waiting about 2 months to progress my Blood magic from five to six, he has just gone from level 3 last episode.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
isn't his base design not just make a 9X9 if to small make a new 9x9 ?

Ah... so you have been watching, he does always start with 9x9 as it is the ideal size (according to DW20) to light up completely with only 4 torches ... and as he likes to separate mods into rooms they do tend to be either 9x9 or 2 9x9 joined together. But I was referring to progressing through mods rather that layout when I said 'design'.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Ah... so you have been watching, he does always start with 9x9 as it is the ideal size (according to DW20) to light up completely with only 4 torches ... and as he likes to separate mods into rooms they do tend to be either 9x9 or 2 9x9 joined together. But I was referring to progressing through mods rather that layout when I said 'design'.
that makes more sense and yes I used to watch him. Now I find him a bit boring though.

shadowdarklord6

Jul 29, 2019
i'm playing mage quest and i am supposed to build a blood altar but it doesn't even exist in my game.. can someone help me please??...