Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
But in NEI it don't show, what is problem???? Plz say..
There is no problem. You may want to check the configs, and check everything is enabled.

If NEI doesn't show something it's one of 2 things:
1) There is no NEI integration for that recipe handler (this isn't so, as the assembly table has such integration)
2) The recipe doesn't exist/is blocked. Either because the recipe is disabled through configs/mods like minetweaker, or it is blocked by the mod dev, so you can't see it.

If you followed that wiki link, and the thing didn't work, then it's option 2. If it did work, it's option 1... which would be weird...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Nope, there's no Assembly Table recipies in Infinity. BC changed something and the NEI addon hasn't updated yet.

Which version of BC are you using?

I think my adulterated Infinity 1.2.0 pack is using v6.4.6 of BC and the recipe shows up fine in NEI.

There's no sensible recipes for anything in the integration table though, that's irksome.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to use LP to get flakes out, I'd suggest a supplier pipe supplying ore to the extractor, via a provider pipe on the ender chest (or a chassis with a Provider Module), a Chassis with an Extractor module in it (if this extractor is running at anywhere near full speed, you'll probibly need a mk3 Extractor to keep up), and a basic pipe or chassis pipe with an Itemsink Module, to sink the flakes into their destination. I wouldn't recommend this being a furnace unless your furnace can keep up with your extractor.

Ok, this worked wonders on supplying the extractors with ores, by the quantity I wanted. Basic pipes, extractor pipes, extractors on a chassis, emerald powered pipes... everything AND the kitchen sink I tried could not remove the flakes. Any ideas on something from logistic pipes that could drain items from a Rotarycraft extracor without me having to request them? Preferably Logistics pipes. I started using them and I am loving, so if I could have any tips on making this work I can start building a bee farm with this (because previously I could not figure how to automate it).

Edit: while anyone is reading this, let me ask another question (seems I have no shortage of those). Is there a way, from a logistic network connected to an ME Network, to shove items into the ME network drives without requesting it? The point is: I have a simple (for now...!) logistics network working with extractors; once the chest I left there is full, I'm screwed...

Edit 2: as GLaDOS said - The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one. Emerald tubes did not work, extractor and chassis with extractors did not work, but wooden did...

Edit 3: this is dumb. I retested, in case I'm a bigger moron than I thought I was. wooden pipes indeed work. Extractor, on a powered pipe network do... nothing. I waited more than 5s, since I tested with a mk1.

Edit 4 (oh god, I'm sorry): extractors only work when there are requests. Which makes a bit of sense. That solves most of my issues here. Only question I have yet to understand (and I am using Google while waiting for assistance) is to export items into ME network without it requesting them.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Anyone know a good way to make loads of podzol very quickly?

The sludge boiler I have processing the outflow from my greenhouse has never produced any so far as I can see...

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of BC are you using?

I think my adulterated Infinity 1.2.0 pack is using v6.4.6 of BC and the recipe shows up fine in NEI.

There's no sensible recipes for anything in the integration table though, that's irksome.

I haven't checked in the latest(1.4.1) of Infinity but in one of the past recommended versions there definitely weren't any recipies

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, this worked wonders on supplying the extractors with ores, by the quantity I wanted. Basic pipes, extractor pipes, extractors on a chassis, emerald powered pipes... everything AND the kitchen sink I tried could not remove the flakes. Any ideas on something from logistic pipes that could drain items from a Rotarycraft extracor without me having to request them? Preferably Logistics pipes. I started using them and I am loving, so if I could have any tips on making this work I can start building a bee farm with this (because previously I could not figure how to automate it).
Have you tried using an Extraction Pipe (or chassis pipe with an extraction module) on the Extractor? If you do this, you'll need to designate where the flakes can go- a chassis pipe on your furnace(s) with an ItemSink module set to accept flakes should do it.

The typical Logistics Pipes ore processing setup looks something like this:
  • Enderchest from Quarry: Tier 3 Chassis Pipe with QuickSort, Supplier, and ItemSink set to Default Route (so anything that doesn't fit anywhere else goes to the input chest, where it can be requested or sorted again)
  • Macerators/RoC Extractors/etc: Tier 2 Chassis Pipe with ItemSink (may be called Passive Supplier, I don't remember off the top of my head) module, configured for ores (so the QuickSort will only pull the ores out of the input chest if there's an extractor that will accept them) and Extraction Module to pull the dust/flakes out
    • Alternatively, you can put the ItemSink on a hopper or some other kind of buffer, and the Extraction module on the actual machine in another chassis pipe.
  • Smelters: Same setup as Extractors. T2 chassis pipe with ItemSink for dust/flakes and Extraction module to pull the ingots out.
  • Chests/barrels/other storage: T2 chassis pipes with Provider Modules and ItemSink, Polymorphic ItemSink, or some similar sort of module. The ItemSink can be configured to accept up to nine different item types, and will store any number of these items in the chest, if they don't have anywhere better to go. The Polymorphic version will do the same, but at a lower priority, and only for things that are already in the chest. Do note, if you use this module, you'll want to configure the Provider module to leave one item of each type in the chest.
  • IC2 recyclers/ME Condenser/Trash Can: T1 chassis pipe with Terminus module configured for dirt, sand, cobble, etc. The terminus module works like an ItemSink, but is at a lower priority than anything else other than the default route.
When you're running your quarry with this setup, the following happens:
  1. The QuickSort module on the enderchest sees a space in your Extractor for some ore that appeared, so it sends it to the Extractor (or buffer hopper/chest).
  2. The Extractor does its thing, then the Extraction module pulls out the flakes, and sends them into the network.
  3. If there's a space in the smelters, the flakes go there. If not, they go to the default route on the input chest where the QuickSort waits for a space in the smelters to open up.
  4. When the flakes get smelted into ingots, the Extraction module pulls them out.
  5. If there's a space in a chest somewhere for the ingots, they go there. If not, they go to the default route to be sorted again if/when a space opens up or one of them is configured to hold the ingots.
  6. Any redstone, lapis, or anything else picked up by the quarry that doesn't need processing is QuickSorted straight to your storage.
  7. Any cobble or other useless junk goes to the trash can (or whatever).
  8. Anything that doesn't have a place to go stays in the input chest until you give it somewhere to go. You can still request it in the meantime.
Anyone know a good way to make loads of podzol very quickly?

The sludge boiler I have processing the outflow from my greenhouse has never produced any so far as I can see...
Find a biome covered with it and go to town with an Excavator with Silk Touch? TF highlands have it and aren't too hard to find with a Magic Map, although you'll get poisoned anytime you're there if you haven't defeated eight or so bosses in sequence.

The one where you need 8 spruce leaf blocks per block?

Urgh, I was hoping not to have to resort to that...
An MFR Harvester on Shear mode should get you a lot of leaves.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using an Extraction Pipe (or chassis pipe with an extraction module) on the Extractor? If you do this, you'll need to designate where the flakes can go- a chassis pipe on your furnace(s) with an ItemSink module set to accept flakes should do it.

The typical Logistics Pipes ore processing setup looks something like this:
  • Enderchest from Quarry: Tier 3 Chassis Pipe with QuickSort, Supplier, and ItemSink set to Default Route (so anything that doesn't fit anywhere else goes to the input chest, where it can be requested or sorted again)
  • Macerators/RoC Extractors/etc: Tier 2 Chassis Pipe with ItemSink (may be called Passive Supplier, I don't remember off the top of my head) module, configured for ores (so the QuickSort will only pull the ores out of the input chest if there's an extractor that will accept them) and Extraction Module to pull the dust/flakes out
    • Alternatively, you can put the ItemSink on a hopper or some other kind of buffer, and the Extraction module on the actual machine in another chassis pipe.
  • Smelters: Same setup as Extractors. T2 chassis pipe with ItemSink for dust/flakes and Extraction module to pull the ingots out.
  • Chests/barrels/other storage: T2 chassis pipes with Provider Modules and ItemSink, Polymorphic ItemSink, or some similar sort of module. The ItemSink can be configured to accept up to nine different item types, and will store any number of these items in the chest, if they don't have anywhere better to go. The Polymorphic version will do the same, but at a lower priority, and only for things that are already in the chest. Do note, if you use this module, you'll want to configure the Provider module to leave one item of each type in the chest.
  • IC2 recyclers/ME Condenser/Trash Can: T1 chassis pipe with Terminus module configured for dirt, sand, cobble, etc. The terminus module works like an ItemSink, but is at a lower priority than anything else other than the default route.
When you're running your quarry with this setup, the following happens:
  1. The QuickSort module on the enderchest sees a space in your Extractor for some ore that appeared, so it sends it to the Extractor (or buffer hopper/chest).
  2. The Extractor does its thing, then the Extraction module pulls out the flakes, and sends them into the network.
  3. If there's a space in the smelters, the flakes go there. If not, they go to the default route on the input chest where the QuickSort waits for a space in the smelters to open up.
  4. When the flakes get smelted into ingots, the Extraction module pulls them out.
  5. If there's a space in a chest somewhere for the ingots, they go there. If not, they go to the default route to be sorted again if/when a space opens up or one of them is configured to hold the ingots.
  6. Any redstone, lapis, or anything else picked up by the quarry that doesn't need processing is QuickSorted straight to your storage.
  7. Any cobble or other useless junk goes to the trash can (or whatever).
  8. Anything that doesn't have a place to go stays in the input chest until you give it somewhere to go. You can still request it in the meantime.

Find a biome covered with it and go to town with an Excavator with Silk Touch? TF highlands have it and aren't too hard to find with a Magic Map, although you'll get poisoned anytime you're there if you haven't defeated eight or so bosses in sequence.

An MFR Harvester on Shear mode should get you a lot of leaves.

Thank you for the detailed info. I believe it will serve wonders for my bee farm. I figured how to shove things into ME network without requesting: by setting the basic pipe on the interface to default... I feel so dumb... I got GlaDOS on loop in my head.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Like I said, PROVDIER pipe or module on the ender chest.
SUPPLIER pipes on the extractors (or other ore processors), simply set the suppliers to supply the ore to the extractors. That should entirely prevent leaks, at least on this side.

Extractor Module in a chassis on the Extractors, can extract the items from them, and a basic logistics pipe (or equivlently itemsink module) on an ME Interface,or other destination for the flakes. You can set this to default route, or set this to only sink the flakes.)

I'm not sure how much more straightforward I can make this sound...

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said, PROVDIER pipe or module on the ender chest.
SUPPLIER pipes on the extractors (or other ore processors), simply set the suppliers to supply the ore to the extractors. That should entirely prevent leaks, at least on this side.

Extractor Module in a chassis on the Extractors, can extract the items from them, and a basic logistics pipe (or equivlently itemsink module) on an ME Interface,or other destination for the flakes. You can set this to default route, or set this to only sink the flakes.)

I'm not sure how much more straightforward I can make this sound...

Yes, you're absolutely right. I confused several pipes. Got it working now, many thanks.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm delving into something which I swore I would never do...

What would be a fun mod to start in Direwolf20?
Before you name something common, I have a few prequisites:
1) It must not be a mod that produces/is reliant on RF - I am saving these types of mods for mid-mid/late game
2) Is not Botania (I already know of this one)
3) That if I were to spend 10 hours on, I wouldn't be looking at other mods and thinking "Oh, well there's no point in doing that, as what I have here is better".

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
How can I automate an Endoflame in Botania or should I go with a different flower instead to produce my mana. I'm just starting off with Botania so I want to generate a good amount of mana before I start making anything special. Thanks

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
have the items drop on a pressure plate, i the pressure plate is emitting a redstone signal stop the dropper

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to hook up a redstone signal to only drop an item out of a hopper when there is a redstone signal? I was thinking a hopper placed on top of an open crate and when the item drops onto the pressure plate next to the endoflame, it emits a redstone signal to stop the hopper. Is this possible or does it need to be more complex than that?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to hook up a redstone signal to only drop an item out of a hopper when there is a redstone signal? I was thinking a hopper placed on top of an open crate and when the item drops onto the pressure plate next to the endoflame, it emits a redstone signal to stop the hopper. Is this possible or does it need to be more complex than that?[/Q
vanilla hoppers respond to redstone so thats really all you need