Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Other than angel wings, is there any way to completely or mostly disable fall damage?
Also, is there a way to pull xp towards you?

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about cheating in a mystcraft world. For example, I want to make a void age but after countless hours of searching for libraries I will don't have the right pages. Is there a way for me to just make a void age somehow? Thanks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How would I go about cheating in a mystcraft world. For example, I want to make a void age but after countless hours of searching for libraries I will don't have the right pages. Is there a way for me to just make a void age somehow? Thanks
Options:
- Make a villager breeder (or MFR autospawner with a captured villager), and wait until you find one willing to sell you a Void page.
- Literally cheating in a Void world page from Creative mode/NEI, then using it to make a normal Mystcraft age
- Create a void dimension using RFTools. The Void dimlet is craftable, as well as all the different types of None dimlets.
- The Last Millennium dimension from ExtraUtilities, if you're using a version that has that.
- Find an unoccupied area of the End (after dealing with the dragon, of course).

Reactions: legionite626

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Other than angel wings, is there any way to completely or mostly disable fall damage?
Long Fall boots, Quantum Boots, MPS... Also falling into water, Natura cloud blocks, Rubber sheets, Bounce Pads(I think) and many other things will cancel fall damage.

Coin of Fortune from Xeno's Reliquary will work as a item magnet AND draw in nearby XP at the same time. Default ON state is 5 blocks radius. If you shift click with it in your hand it will instantly draw items and XP from 25 blocks radius.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Monster 1.1.1. I thought it would be a better idea to use an Electric Generator to convert Rotarycraft power into something useful, like RF or EU. Mostly because I thought the Rotational Dynamos had too weak of an output (I'm trying to harvest the power from 5 hydrokinetic engines). But, after making the thing, I realized it outputs Voltage... Can I convert this to RF in some way, so as to use a Tesseract as transfer medium? Thanks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm playing Monster 1.1.1. I thought it would be a better idea to use an Electric Generator to convert Rotarycraft power into something useful, like RF or EU. Mostly because I thought the Rotational Dynamos had too weak of an output (I'm trying to harvest the power from 5 hydrokinetic engines). But, after making the thing, I realized it outputs Voltage... Can I convert this to RF in some way, so as to use a Tesseract as transfer medium? Thanks
Sounds like you're turning your shaft power into Electricraft power, which is totally incompatible with everything other than RoC shaft power. Your only options, unfortunately, are those built into RoC- the rotational dynamo (for RF), the air compressor (MJ), and the friction boiler (steam).

If the dynamo isn't converting enough power for you, you might have better luck with the boiler and a bunch of steam dynamos or a BigReactors turbine. Or maybe not; I've never used the thing.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you're turning your shaft power into Electricraft power, which is totally incompatible with everything other than RoC shaft power. Your only options, unfortunately, are those built into RoC- the rotational dynamo (for RF), the air compressor (MJ), and the friction boiler (steam).

If the dynamo isn't converting enough power for you, you might have better luck with the boiler and a bunch of steam dynamos or a BigReactors turbine. Or maybe not; I've never used the thing.

Thanks. Will do some research on advice.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Armor from EnderIO is pretty good. This is with feather fall iv on the boots
upload_2015-5-2_12-37-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-2_12-36-20.png
    upload_2015-5-2_12-36-20.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 66

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
... you don't even need feather falling. The dark armor will absorb all fall damage; pretty sure all you need for that is the boots.
the armor uses power for that though, feather falling would reduce the power used then no? (guess it depends on how EIO does the fall check)

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, dw20 1.7 pack, what research do I need to follow to unlock the ever full urn? I have the arcane ear which I found a post that suggested it... Can't find it. Shows up in nei though so I know it should be there some where

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
On the former - Botania adds a brew that can be put on a tainted blood pendant that negates all fall damage entirely.

Well, Rotarycraft power is useful if you know how to use it.... But if you wish to convert to RF, Rotational Dynamos are the only option. You'll probibly want to split the power so you don't overload the dynamoes though (they have a speed and torque limit, go over that and any excess is wasted)
Quick question, dw20 1.7 pack, what research do I need to follow to unlock the ever full urn? I have the arcane ear which I found a post that suggested it... Can't find it. Shows up in nei though so I know it should be there some where
Infusion and Arcane Ear are needed if I rember rightly. I got stuck on the Arcane ear part on my first time.

Bre3zeR

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, i'm not too sure if this is the right place to post my question but.. yeah.

Me and my friends have play FTB for quite some time, we usualy buy a server play for a month and drop for a couple of months.

My question is simple we are looking for a new modpack. But we really wish to play something new. And not just do again all we used to do back in our other sesions(We'd like new mods, new blocks, new engine, new energy, all that kind of stuff we didn't get our hand on) we would like PVE content (New mobs, boss, challenge).Slow pace, we would like to play it for a long time. End Game should take a couple of weeks.
We don't like magic, but if it's in the modpack we will go along.

Thanks in advance for your time and answers !
And excuse my horrible english !

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A couple of weeks is a long time to you? I usually take several months to get to "end game" in a mod pack! My DW20 1.4.7 world kept me busy for nearly a year.
Hehe, yeah I actually Lol'ed when I read that :p
8 months into my TPPI world now lol.

Bre3zeR

Jul 29, 2019
The magnet from Ender-IO will pull XP orbs.

A couple of weeks is a long time to you? I usually take several months to get to "end game" in a mod pack! My DW20 1.4.7 world kept me busy for nearly a year.

Playing 8 or 10 hours a day time 3 to 4 peoples for 2 weeks at least. 10 * 14 = 140hours per player so yeah. about a months roughly to get to the end game. I don't know what's wrong with my statement, you probably assume that it's a short time spam. But we probably dont play the same amount of hours / day hehe !

So DireWolf ? I don't feel there is a whole lot new inside the pack since the last time i dropped in.

I really don't know how it take months to you guys to go in the endgame and build the endgame stuff it has never take more than 2 or 3 weeks at most to reach the endgame for me.

Any other input maybe with a little more explaination of the pack and why this one over another one ? Like this modpack is the way to go because of the receipe balancing, and the addition of X & Y that make W less broken.

Don't get me wrong, i like the input but, you didn't say why DW take you this long and why you like it. I really don't want to be rude.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Botania question, the runic alter, how long will the items last? I mean if I run out of living rock, and say I have to go make some... Will the items eventually despawn?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Botania question, the runic alter, how long will the items last? I mean if I run out of living rock, and say I have to go make some... Will the items eventually despawn?
no they shouldnt despawn, they are actually inside the blocks inventory i believe.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
thaumcraft 4.1.0g (monster pack)

question about nodes, I cant figure out before I make a mistake. Will nodes eat eachother in this version if placed close to eachother?