Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Playing 8 or 10 hours a day time 3 to 4 peoples for 2 weeks at least. 10 * 14 = 140hours per player so yeah. about a months roughly to get to the end game. I don't know what's wrong with my statement, you probably assume that it's a short time spam. But we probably dont play the same amount of hours / day hehe !

So DireWolf ? I don't feel there is a whole lot new inside the pack since the last time i dropped in.

I really don't know how it take months to you guys to go in the endgame and build the endgame stuff it has never take more than 2 or 3 weeks at most to reach the endgame for me.

Any other input maybe with a little more explaination of the pack and why this one over another one ? Like this modpack is the way to go because of the receipe balancing, and the addition of X & Y that make W less broken.

Don't get me wrong, i like the input but, you didn't say why DW take you this long and why you like it. I really don't want to be rude.
Well play style has a lot to do with it. I hit end game in about a week, but I also build block, place at first spot I look at. I know rhn builds block, builds entire themed structure to house block. So all that aesthetic work takes a ton of time.

As for pack, I would suggest tppi 2. Many of the recipes have been tweaked to balance, but mostly to increase difficulty. It has all the big tech mods (TE, enderio, mekanism, ic2. It also have the big magic mods (botania, thaumcraft, blood magic). I know the pack isn't quite finished, they will be adding gregtech once it's complete. But that might not be for a while.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
thaumcraft 4.1.0g (monster pack)

question about nodes, I cant figure out before I make a mistake. Will nodes eat eachother in this version if placed close to eachother?
No they won't. You don't need to worry about Warp there either, both of these features are in 1.7.10 versions of thaumcraft.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So DireWolf ? I don't feel there is a whole lot new inside the pack since the last time i dropped in... Don't get me wrong, i like the input but, you didn't say why DW take you this long and why you like it. I really don't want to be rude.

I wasn't making a recommendation, just commenting on the difference in play styles with an example. Clearly a "kitchen sink pack with default configs" is not what you're looking for. Jaded's new Magic Farm pack might be appropriate, although she tend to go for "this will all kill you"-hard, rather than "this will take weeks of tiered progression"-hard.

Bre3zeR

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't making a recommendation, just commenting on the difference in play styles with an example. Clearly a "kitchen sink pack with default configs" is not what you're looking for. Jaded's new Magic Farm pack might be appropriate, although she tend to go for "this will all kill you"-hard, rather than "this will take weeks of tiered progression"-hard.

Oh yeah Magic Farm 3 look really really good for the 2 tuto i saw on it. Thanks for the suggestion buddy !

Any other suggestion ?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Playing 8 or 10 hours a day time 3 to 4 peoples for 2 weeks at least. 10 * 14 = 140hours per player so yeah. about a months roughly to get to the end game. I don't know what's wrong with my statement, you probably assume that it's a short time spam. But we probably dont play the same amount of hours / day hehe !

So DireWolf ? I don't feel there is a whole lot new inside the pack since the last time i dropped in.

I really don't know how it take months to you guys to go in the endgame and build the endgame stuff it has never take more than 2 or 3 weeks at most to reach the endgame for me.

Any other input maybe with a little more explaination of the pack and why this one over another one ? Like this modpack is the way to go because of the receipe balancing, and the addition of X & Y that make W less broken.

Don't get me wrong, i like the input but, you didn't say why DW take you this long and why you like it. I really don't want to be rude.
If all you ever want out of the game is to rush through a tech/magic progression tree, then yeah I guess you will get bored in that amount of time. But the game can be SO much more.

First off I would suggest finding a modpack that is balanced between the mods internally as well as mod progression. I love TPPI because it is a large "kitchen sink pack" that have all this. No mod is totally OP and will propel you through the game way too fast, and you can feel free to choose exactly which mod(s) to use without feeling penalised. Several items have also been pushed further into the game to prevent you using them in cross mod exploits to propel you too fast into endgame. TPPI2 have been released in beta, but I would not really recommend it yet as it is really unfinished still(it still doesn't have GT in). If you don't mind it being 1.6 then try TPPI instead IMO.

Second, Build stuff! Spend some time between progressing through mods to build bases, scenery, castles, towns, cities, whatever... Don't simply plop down a machine and wire it up. Think up a cool facade to build around it to make it look like some real industry/magic contraptions. Start using Carpenter's blocks and Microblocks to make cool details. In the end you will have an amazing looking front for all your machines, and it will be a pleasure to walk around your base.

And if you still don't think some of us can play a world very actively for many months, here is a diary of my current world(started October 2014):
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-20#post-790941

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Bre3zeR

Jul 29, 2019
Well play style has a lot to do with it. I hit end game in about a week, but I also build block, place at first spot I look at. I know rhn builds block, builds entire themed structure to house block. So all that aesthetic work takes a ton of time.

As for pack, I would suggest tppi 2. Many of the recipes have been tweaked to balance, but mostly to increase difficulty. It has all the big tech mods (TE, enderio, mekanism, ic2. It also have the big magic mods (botania, thaumcraft, blood magic). I know the pack isn't quite finished, they will be adding gregtech once it's complete. But that might not be for a while.

TPPI 2 look indeed really promising from what i saw ! Are you suggesting the 1.1.2V in the launcher ?

Bre3zeR

Jul 29, 2019
If all you ever want out of the game is to rush through a tech/magic progression tree, then yeah I guess you will get bored in that amount of time. But the game can be SO much more.

First off I would suggest finding a modpack that is balanced between the mods internally as well as mod progression. I love TPPI because it is a large "kitchen sink pack" that have all this. No mod is totally OP and will propel you through the game way too fast, and you can feel free to choose exactly which mod(s) to use without feeling penalised. Several items have also been pushed further into the game to prevent you using them in cross mod exploits to propel you too fast into endgame. TPPI2 have been released in beta, but I would not really recommend it yet as it is really unfinished still(it still doesn't have GT in). If you don't mind it being 1.6 then try TPPI instead IMO.

Second, Build stuff! Spend some time between progressing through mods to build bases, scenery, castles, towns, cities, whatever... Don't simply plop down a machine and wire it up. Think up a cool facade to build around it to make it look like some real industry/magic contraptions. Start using Carpenter's blocks and Microblocks to make cool details. In the end you will have an amazing looking front for all your machines, and it will be a pleasure to walk around your base.

And if you still don't think some of us can play a world very actively for many months, here is a diary of my current world(started October 2014):
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-20#post-790941

Great input i guess building fancy looking stuff around every systems is a great idea, but i'm not playing singleplayer and most of my friends would find it more anoying than funny sadly. I already build some legit town in Vanilia that took months so i'm not too affraid of this tbh. But yeah i think you'r right on this.

So you highly suggest to use TPPI V 1.1.2 over TPPI2 ? Why is that ? Only because there is some "core" mods missing ? Or because of bugs / Crash ?

Thanks again for the input :)

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
just curious but do thermal expansion energy conduits act similar to ae cables in regards to lag? IE if you have multiple criscrosses before it ends up at the battery or machines will it cause feedback in the form of server lag?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I may have an issue with Power Converters. I have an RF power grid outputting to my IC2 machines using an RF consumer>Energy bridge>EU EV Producer. Recently I finished my Extreme Voltage Windmill and am running it with an Iridium rotor. Directly below the above setup, using the I assembled the reverse system (EU EV consumer> RF producer). The EV consumer just pops out as soon as I put it down. It should have no problem with 2048 EU/t.

What am I doing wrong? (Monster 1.1.1)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's been a looong time since I played any pack with IC2e in it, and even longer since power converters but I'm pretty sure there's another tier of IC2 consumer which has basically unlimited input voltage.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a looong time since I played any pack with IC2e in it, and even longer since power converters but I'm pretty sure there's another tier of IC2 consumer which has basically unlimited input voltage.
I guess that was it. It's strange, since I'm using HV cables and they shouldn't allow more than 2048eu/t go by. Not sure why there is an issue, but it's solved now. Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So you highly suggest to use TPPI V 1.1.2 over TPPI2 ? Why is that ? Only because there is some "core" mods missing ? Or because of bugs / Crash ?

Thanks again for the input :)
TPPI2 is still in beta and afaik in addition to missing core mods still buggy(that is why it is in beta and not release). I am personally holding off until it at least have been properly released. I don't want to ruin my experience with any pack just because I couldn't wait for it to come out of beta.

Reactions: Niidikene

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Now that both thermalilys and endoflames are nerfed in the updates, whats the next best thing in terms of mana generation in botania without to much trouble?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to store cobblestone, for example, in a DSU using a supplier logistics pipe and use a provider logistics pipe to access the cobblestone to use in recipes? Won't they be tossed back after being requested?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
LP is smart enough to not recurisively supply a container, but i'd have thought you'd want to sink cobble in the DSU with either an ItemSink Module, or a Basic Logistics Pipes. It's a legitate stratagy to try reduce the distance items travel though. For instance if you have a storage room with all your stuff, but where you requesting from is a fair distance away, you could keep a chest supplied with a few commonly requested items at that location, so they'll be pulled from there first.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
LP is smart enough to not recurisively supply a container, but i'd have thought you'd want to sink cobble in the DSU with either an ItemSink Module, or a Basic Logistics Pipes. It's a legitate stratagy to try reduce the distance items travel though. For instance if you have a storage room with all your stuff, but where you requesting from is a fair distance away, you could keep a chest supplied with a few commonly requested items at that location, so they'll be pulled from there first.
Was planning on using a supply pipe on the DSU combined with a provider pipe. It will be about 5 blocks from the ME interface I have connecting the ME and Logistics networks.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Is there a way to prevent ME drives placed next to each other from connecting?
If they are different color then they won't connect I believe. You can do that I believe by using colored cable and attach it to it. It will take on the color and then you can remove the cable.

The applicator may also work.