{Alpha} Unstable Pack: Bug Reports

EPfencer

Jul 29, 2019
You can't open chests or doors while holding a torch. The sound plays, but the thing itself doesn't react

Merikar

Jul 29, 2019
For some weird reason, I sometimes can place a random block from my inventory when I do a right klick with a T Construct tool. o_O

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Should it be a regular occurrence to find 10+ Thaumcraft obsidian structures (the ones with multiple pillars, a wisp spawner, and a chest) within 600 blocks of spawn?

I've been away for a while, just started playing again. I did a fresh download of Unstable (whichever version the launcher defaults to), disabled Opus, enabled voxelmap and ATG. Three worlds in a row have had around a dozen of these structures within 500-600 blocks of spawn. On the world I'm in right now, I haven't even gone underground yet, but I have three "The Ender" swords, 12 dark steel, 14 iron, 2 diamonds, 4 saddles, 3 iron horse armour, 2 diamond horse armour, almost 2 stacks of nether quartz, 12 ender pearls, 4 ender lily seeds, 3 dark boots, a dozen nether wart, a few melon and pumpkin seeds, 5 "yeta wrench" (dunno what that's for yet), a couple of conduit probes, 4 builder's wands, a few thaumium ingots, a crap ton of mundane amulets/rings/belts, a thaumium axe, around 40 Mystcraft pages, a couple of buckets, a few name tags, and several of what seem to be programs for PneumaticCraft.

That seems a bit much for not having entered a cave yet, and I actually left quite a bit behind because my inventory was full (mostly alchemy materials). The only things I've actually crafted are a workbench, a bed, and a wooden sword/pick/axe.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I have a little idea too fix Blood and Bones. Add Optifine!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1404784831][/DOUBLEPOST]Add Optifine too all packs! Too make them playable!
There is absolutely no chance of this ever happening for a few reasons:

1. It causes more problems than it fixes
2. Optifine permissions forbid being included in other packs
3. The pack runs fine on a decent computer, adding in a lag-fixing mod is pointless since the pack should really be played on a decent computer. Not every computer can run Battlefield 4 on Ultra settings, same goes with modded minecraft.
4. Many many devs will not support crashes if Optifine is present, because generally it is why that crash was caused.

Saturni

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what mod is doing this but all ocean biomes are being replaced with massive mushroom island's ... any way to fix this?

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
Can't craft Advanced Genetics' DNA Analyzer... It should be 8 iron ingots in a circle, and that's what it shows in NEI. Putting that in a Crafting Table or Crafting Station does nothing. Without that block, you can't do anything from that mod.

gendalf

Jul 29, 2019
3. The pack runs fine on a decent computer, adding in a lag-fixing mod is pointless since the pack should really be played on a decent computer. Not every computer can run Battlefield 4 on Ultra settings, same goes with modded minecraft.
that's quite ignorant position (even in life in general, "the system doesn't give you more options? well - it's your own fault that you can't adjust to existing"), most people don't run bf4 on ultra and run it with optimisations (with some settings lowered)..
optifine compatibility would be nice :p

can't run the pack tho
Trying to launch the Modpack crashes on startup and leaving error message: null: java.lang.NullPointerException.

David Hagan

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been to the Twilight Forest in several worlds before but in this one i can go to the Twilight Forest but when i try to break ANY block it crashes my Minecraft. Keep in mind that I have edited the mods in the modpack to what i like to play personally and added a few that weren't in the modpack already. Just super annoying and if anyone knows a fix please let me know

iRealWilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Clicking the runic altar from Botania with a golem bell, puts it on the altar, but doesn't use up the bell. Breaking it won't duplicate the bells.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Screen not rendering all at start up. Yes, here too. 1.7.10 hates me.
The others I've talked to didn't know what the problem could be so just, posting it here in case it's happening to anyone else:
Gonna just paste over the same thing it's the same exact error. Did it to me with just forge by itself in regular minecraft in testing. Anybody else with lower-end computers having similar problems or is this just hating me?
http://hastebin.com/ikuwuvunic.vhdl

Fox__LB_

Jul 29, 2019
Unstable 1.0.5:
-When I open the smeltry interface and mouse over the hotbar the game crashes.
-And sometimes when the game crashes and I reopen the modpack it says that could not conect to Mojang server, but I can play any other modpack just fine.. I just need to wait a while to open Unstable again..

EDIT: it was because I had a crescent hammer (from thermal expansion) in the hotbar, if I take it off from the hotbar it doesn't crash the game, but if I still mouse over the hammer (while I open any TConstruct interface) the game crashes anyway..
BTW, the crescent hammer has the "unnamed" name, maybe that has something to do with the bug, but I'm not sure

Last edited:

winr77

Jul 29, 2019
Unstable 1.0.5: there is a bug where if you break a regular portable tank with a pickaxe (not sure if it works with any pickaxe but i used a fully stone pickaxe from tinker's construct with a diamond modifier) you will get a creative tank

EDIT: i have searched for pickaxe in nei and spawned in a bunch of portable tanks and the glitch only seems to work with pickaxes from tinker's construct

Last edited:

Guscraft460

Jul 29, 2019
Found another one, ender chests/tanks (the ender storage ones) don't drop when broken and crash me when I try to put an ender chest (again modded one) in an AE2 system, especially if I try to put it in a crafting monitor crafting grid and clear the grid.

EDIT: "especially" meaning that I actually crash instead of freezing

EDIT: really frozen, like two hours later still frozen

btcraig

Jul 29, 2019
Found another one, ender chests/tanks (the ender storage ones) don't drop when broken and crash me when I try to put an ender chest (again modded one) in an AE2 system, especially if I try to put it in a crafting monitor crafting grid and clear the grid.

EDIT: "especially" meaning that I actually crash instead of freezing

EDIT: really frozen, like two hours later still frozen
I'm having a similar issue with AE2 and EnderStorage. I was able to craft Ender Chests (but I had these prior to bringing my AE network online so no idea if I have the same issue at this point).

I have a quarry feeding into an Ender Chest which in turn is hooked up to an import bus. Initially I was getting obscenely low FPS (<5). After reloading the client the world wouldn't load or, in the one or two cases it did it locked up immediately, but I had to kill it using the console as it did not crash. The console output is here. It looks like a memory issue? After going from 4GB to 6GB it persisted but jumping to 8GB seems to let me get into my world, though Minecraft is sitting at 6.5-7.5GB used memory now which seems high (very similar usage with and without texture pack enabled).

Disabling either mod resolved the issue and brought me back up to a steady FPS with much lower memory consumption.