{Alpha} Unstable Pack: Bug Reports

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is unstable. Its is an alpha pack. We will not be troubleshooting it. However the mod devs and Forge devs are interested in hearing about discovered bugs. So if you find a bug/issue report it here with a log, screenshots etc.

We will not be replying to this thread. This is just a place to compile the bugs so the devs can see what might need some fixing.

Reactions: Eyamaz and NegaNote

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
hey @Jadedcat,

a question to this pack: At the moment the name is "Unstable" and is this only the name for the alpha and beta, so you will change the modpack name or is the name agreed?

Vesper37

Jul 29, 2019
Changing which metal will pour out next in the smeltery crashes to desktop. Was switching between bronze and Aluminum brass if that helps.

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
Please place logs for crashes in your reports along with pack versions so that developers can fix these bugs

Reactions: pc_assassin

PbOSatansTest

Jul 29, 2019
Identical report to Angrah,
http://pastebin.com/qtdSrbVD
FTB - Unstable 1.0.0
It is definitely caused by Waila - upon disabling the mod and reloading I find that I was looking at a flower called a Peony
Renders world absolutely unusable,unless you disable Waila.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
hey @Jadedcat,

a question to this pack: At the moment the name is "Unstable" and is this only the name for the alpha and beta, so you will change the modpack name or is the name agreed?

Big Edit:
Ok. So I was misinformed. This pack is being handled by Slowpoke and prog. It is an official pack being used for alpha testing. :p

Last edited:

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
I am assuming this is a waila bug, but when you look at animated redstone ore (like when you walk over it or hit it and it has particles and lights up) the tool tip at the top of the screen changes to read "unknown" instead of "redstone ore"

So far this has NOT caused a crash, so there is not a log to paste

And there's a LOT of creepers in my basement. And I mean a LOT, that should probably take priority over the redstone thing. Let me know what time you'll be here so I can leave the back door open.

Last edited:

recneps1337

Jul 29, 2019
i intended on posting a crash but then saw the same logs already posted
noncrash
----------
waila reeds the top of two tall bush as sunflower even when it a rose bush
stencil worker and bettercrafting t con acheivments wont pop
the ic2 5 wood for a treetap recepie isnt working

in the creative inventory i saw
ic2 tab is unlocalized to itemgroup.ic2
wool slabs are generally unlocalized the one that are just say wool
the spawn eggs for the t con blue and king slimes are apostrophes
there is an untextured ic2.plasmalauncher but i will assume that it wip

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019
Big Edit:
Ok. So I was misinformed. This pack is being handled by Slowpoke and prog. It is an official pack being used for alpha testing. :p
So it is only a test pack and there will never come a normal pack out of it?

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
I dont know if it's supposed to but fillers from Buildcraft drop the blocks that gets removed

A bug with WAILA: Oak, Birch, Jungle and Spruce leaves shows as Oak leaves. Acacia and Dark oak shows as Acacia leaves

Last edited:

StigZG

Jul 29, 2019
1. Can't craft IC2 stuff.
2. When iron gravel ore is on top of dirt, the dirt block changes it's texture to a dirt block that has snow on top of it.
3. According to the WAILA tooltip redstone ore, sugar canes, doors and beds are "<Unnamed>" blocks.
4. The WAILA tooltip says that new 1.7 bushes and flowers are Sunflowers.
5. (This MIGHT be a bug and might not be. It could be just luck that I found something like this.) I found 6 ravines VERY close to each other. 4 of them are a part of one another.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
1. Can't craft IC2 stuff.
2. When iron gravel ore is on top of dirt, the dirt block changes it's texture to a dirt block that has snow on top of it.
3. According to the WAILA tooltip redstone ore, sugar canes, doors and beds are "<Unnamed>" blocks.
4. The WAILA tooltip says that new 1.7 bushes and flowers are Sunflowers.
5. (This MIGHT be a bug and might not be. It could be just luck that I found something like this.) I found 6 ravines VERY close to each other. 4 of them are a part of one another.

IRon gravel on dirt makes dirt with snow on. Thats also a bug in the direpack

WAILA and sunflowers is already been posted about

And i dont think the ravinethingy is a bug

StigZG

Jul 29, 2019
Weird glitch with IC2 rubber tree leaves: if you put a block next to a rubber tree leaf and look from the opposite side, you get an x-ray machine. (I know, that was a terrible choice of words)

Reactions: profrags

Grand_Trizmo

Jul 29, 2019
we have no problem with ic2 on our server anymore
*just a shout out to IC2 maker that he should update his wiki for the new recipes*

Esheon

Jul 29, 2019
After fiddling around for an hour with it, I didn't come across any bugs that crashed the game, but I did find some minor stuff that seems... odd.

I can't seem to get the TCon achievement "Stencil Worker" at all... no matter how many blank patterns I make, no matter what kind of wood I use.

A TCon pickaxe with a stone head, paper binding, and wood handle seems to mine at about half the speed of a vanilla stone pickaxe. It's a very noticeable difference, to the point that I initially thought I was mining a silverfish block.

I'm drowning in feathers! I spawned in a plains biome, made a wooden sword, and started collecting food. I killed 11 chickens and got 86 feathers.