Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone know if it's possible to force a quest to unlock? Working quite nicely through (just finished a BR generating 4k RF a tick with only 1/3rd fuel full, fully armoured enderium jetpack, mining laser, unlocked The End chapter, completed one of the Bragging Rights, etc), but still my SoulSand quest is stuck being locked. Damn annoying, the soulsand is sitting in a barrel ready to complete the hording quest :(

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to force a quest to unlock? Working quite nicely through (just finished a BR generating 4k RF a tick with only 1/3rd fuel full, fully armoured enderium jetpack, mining laser, unlocked The End chapter, completed one of the Bragging Rights, etc), but still my SoulSand quest is stuck being locked. Damn annoying, the soulsand is sitting in a barrel ready to complete the hording quest :(
Use the OP book (/hqm edit) to complete it :3

Mycarus

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how do i get rid of quicklime in the smelltery? i don't want to break it but the amount of quiclime is covering the screen enough so i cant see the other smelted ores.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me how do i get rid of quicklime in the smelltery? i don't want to break it but the amount of quiclime is covering the screen enough so i cant see the other smelted ores.
Can you pour it into basins to regain limestone?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Can someone tell me how do i get rid of quicklime in the smeltery? i don't want to break it but the amount of quiclime is covering the screen enough so i cant see the other smelted ores.
drain it out into a unnassigned QDS or the void bottle from mariculture

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've mentioned it before as well as the OP of geysers. Does not make a lot of sense to remove fans from open blocks, but leave in geysers as they are even more OP than fans. If anything I think warp books should be made a little more expensive as they are pretty easy to come by early game and abuse. They were initially added for server owners to have an easy way for players to get to their starting islands and to/from each other islands.

I just found out that the fans were removed:( I had planned out my mob drop farm, only to fined out there's no fans. However thanks to a little search that led me here, I found out about Geysers. Thanks for the help:)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a way to format an AE storage disk so that it only gets used for crafting? Without specifying all the crafted items?

The idea: I have an unformatted storage bus [set to lower priority] to void overflow into the system. I also have an unformatted cell used as crafting space/temp storage. I don't want overflow filling up the crafting disk.

edit: Hmm. Perhaps if I set the storage bus voiding to a priority between actual storage and crafting storage? Yeah, that didn't work. Glad I caught it in time [voiding all crafted items].

[DOUBLEPOST=1405357982][/DOUBLEPOST]
drain it out into a unnassigned QDS or the void bottle from mariculture

Or Thermal Expansion's Nullifier

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Anyone know of a way to format an AE storage disk so that it only gets used for crafting? Without specifying all the crafted items?

The idea: I have an unformatted storage bus [set to lower priority] to void overflow into the system. I also have an unformatted cell used as crafting space/temp storage. I don't want overflow filling up the crafting disk.

edit: Hmm. Perhaps if I set the storage bus voiding to a priority between actual storage and crafting storage? Yeah, that didn't work. Glad I caught it in time [voiding all crafted items].

[DOUBLEPOST=1405357982][/DOUBLEPOST]

Or Thermal Expansion's Nullifier
it's easier to whitelist the overflow with what you are getting a surplus of in a fuzzy storage bus (enchanted armor drops and such)

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
What are you trying to capture with it? Does it work the time you put it down, but not afterwards? Does it have somewhere to go?

I've found that it only works on block update, which the Blood Magic rituals didn't do (which scuppered my lava gen, initially). That can be solved by putting an EB clock (or anything else that causes an update, but 1 per second seemed like a good rate to me) next to it.

Wow, that's exactly what I wanted! Had no idea about the block update thingy. A thousand thank yous :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately that doesn't help. It only lets you complete quests if they are unlocked. I need to force a quest to be unlocked :S

The soul sand hording quest requires Highway to Hell to be completed in the Learning to skyblock section.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
It seems it may be quicker to just make 9 scythes and use them on round robin mode. It wouldn't be as quick to level, but you're already spending so much time and effort if you're doing it one by one.

This is how I've been doing it since day one. Almost 2 Barrels worth of Obsidian and still no Reinforced I x2 without also Fiery :(

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No, I mean Highway to Hell. It's the quest that requires you to make a nether portal, and actually visit the nether.

Edit: It's in with the 3.0 version of the map.
Really? Another change that breaks the design of the map. First the change to Aut Activators recipe that breaks the learning to skyblock progression, and now, you have to go to the nether, when before you didn't have to to go to the nether to complete the map.

Oh well, time to build a portal and visit the nether...

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean Highway to Hell. It's the quest that requires you to make a nether portal, and actually visit the nether.

Edit: It's in with the 3.0 version of the map.

I'm playing v3.1.1 and I don't see that in 'Learning to Skyblock' section? 25 total quests...25 unlocked, so I should see it.

Gothit

Jul 29, 2019
So i need a dragon egg , and i got some boneless and enderfish with the blood magic Bound Rod, i'm trying to mutate them both to get the dragonfish BUT there is a big problem, i manage to give the environment and stuff but on of them only works at day time the other at night time, so they won't make the baby eggs to use on the incobator cuz when one is working the other is not.. meh can someone help moi