Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Y U guys trading super-expensive items? Add 4 filing cabinets to your mob farm set to collect Gold Armor pieces. Pechs are so greedy that they don't care if the armor is damaged or whatever.

Speaking of mob farms, I have this strange issue hopefully someone can shed some light on. My tower is built in mostly a Jungle biome [some river too]. Fully enclosed with mobs transported to killing room via MFR conveyors. No water inside the tower [but I do have that liquid slime occupying a single block on the first spawn layer - not that I've ever seen a slimeball drop :(]. Ever since I installed a Scythe-powered AA, I'm getting Endermen all over my base. What gives?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Y U guys trading super-expensive items? Add 4 filing cabinets to your mob farm set to collect Gold Armor pieces. Pechs are so greedy that they don't care if the armor is damaged or whatever.

Speaking of mob farms, I have this strange issue hopefully someone can shed some light on. My tower is built in mostly a Jungle biome [some river too]. Fully enclosed with mobs transported to killing room via MFR conveyors. No water inside the tower [but I do have that liquid slime occupying a single block on the first spawn layer - not that I've ever seen a slimeball drop :(]. Ever since I installed a Scythe-powered AA, I'm getting Endermen all over my base. What gives?
Because armor doesn't stack to 64 in your inventory.

Also scythe hits enderman, enderman doesn't take that shit, enderman ports away.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Because armor doesn't stack to 64 in your inventory.

Also scythe hits enderman, enderman doesn't take that shit, enderman ports away.

Ah, yeah...stacking...4got about that. The other comment isn't very helpful. I think it may be the Fiery enchant I'm getting at random.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yeah...stacking...4got about that. The other comment isn't very helpful. I think it may be the Fiery enchant I'm getting at random.
Yea. The flame enchants really suck. As I level up my scythes, I always pray "Please no firery..." If I get that, I make a new scythe and start over.

As far as the slime block goes, try spreading it out on the floor instead of a single block. I had mine in a single block for a while, and no slimes. I spread it out, and I had a slime almost instantly. Could just be RNG, but why take the chance. :)

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or AS modpack doesn't have ForgeMultiPart (covers and stuff)?
I could swear it had it...have it changed recently?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I think Forge multipart needs to impliment a "generic block" that works as an example with the saw for all possible shapes you can saw things into. Having no shapes listed is better then having every possible page listed, but just one example might be nice.

(hrm, maybe I should write that up as a suggestion somewhere)
Sub_Blocks_Hierarchy.png

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got the liquid transition plane from Extra Cells (AE addon) to work? Ive tried placing it on top of the source, on the bottom, on the side....no luck.

On other note, didnt silverwood saplings made nodes? I plantee 3 silverwood trees and i cant see any node...do i have to Chop them down first?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got the liquid transition plane from Extra Cells (AE addon) to work? Ive tried placing it on top of the source, on the bottom, on the side....no luck.

On other note, didnt silverwood saplings made nodes? I plantee 3 silverwood trees and i cant see any node...do i have to Chop them down first?
Silverwood trees have a chance of generating a node, it's not guaranteed. Of note: if one does happen to generate, chopping that block of wood will destroy the node.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Fyi, I have had silverwoods change the biome to magical forest even without generating a pure node.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting ready to make a forestry tree breeding area covered under a glass dome of course to contain the butterflies. Any idea on how tall I need to make the dome? I know I can't make a dome tall enough for the sequoia, but I would like everything else to fit.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Heh they just got rid of them in NEI. To be honest, NEI looks much neater without them.

You can still make them ofc, just use a saw like you're used to.
you can use the categories to exclude them though it takes a while to right click them all

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've gone though a barrels worth of obsidian hoping for the mythical Reinforced I x2 random on my Scythe without also getting Fiery(Blaze?). I'm sick of Endermen thinking my base is a mini-End dimension where they can come and go as they please. But I have zero-clue as to how I can manually put the modifiers I need on a Scythe. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles?

Timm638

Jul 29, 2019
I crafted a Enderium Jetpack.
Without Hovermode, it's suicide!
Knows one a good BR-Setup for a Precharger?
Currectly running a 5x5-Reactor with Liquid Redstone.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I've gone though a barrels worth of obsidian hoping for the mythical Reinforced I x2 random on my Scythe without also getting Fiery(Blaze?). I'm sick of Endermen thinking my base is a mini-End dimension where they can come and go as they please. But I have zero-clue as to how I can manually put the modifiers I need on a Scythe. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles?

The first thing you have to do is to level up the Scythe. If you get the firery enchant as an auto add, scratch the weapon and start over. If you have autonomous activator attached to your mob farm, it will take no time at all to level the scythe. Then, once you are sure you didn't get the firery enchant, then you should have some modifier slots open that you can add in the extra mods that you want if you didn't get them automatically as the tool leveled up. You can also at this point add in some thaumium/paper pieces for additional modifier slots.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
The first thing you have to do is to level up the Scythe. If you get the firery enchant as an auto add, scratch the weapon and start over. If you have autonomous activator attached to your mob farm, it will take no time at all to level the scythe. Then, once you are sure you didn't get the firery enchant, then you should have some modifier slots open that you can add in the extra mods that you want if you didn't get them automatically as the tool leveled up. You can also at this point add in some thaumium/paper pieces for additional modifier slots.

The additional modifier modifiers [Diamond + Gold Block, Golden Apple, Nether Star] are disabled [prob due to the modifiers being added during leveling]? I went into creative survival with a fully repaired, fully lvl'd scythe and tried to apply each. TiCo Tool Forge didn't want to apply them [items placed in Tool Forge as shown in TiCo book v2]. I've also tried making paper parts. They too don't want to be applied to the tool. Replacing parts for Thaumium will only work if the scythe already has Reinforced I x2 random modifiers. Every time I've gotten this combo so far [which hasn't been many], it also comes with Fiery [which makes this useless for me].

The only way you can make an unbreakable scythe in AgS [legit] if for the scythe to randomly get Reinforced I x2 as it levels. You then replace the binding and rods with Thaumium parts and use up every available modifier slot with Obsidian Plates. There's just enough to get the scythe to Reinforced X. There's no other legit way [that I know of]. And I don't know of any other unbreakable AoE weapon in AgS.

There is a way to make TiCo weapons in creative mode but I can't figure it out and I can't find any documentation on it. I was hoping someone could point me in that direction.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
What are you trying to capture with it? Does it work the time you put it down, but not afterwards? Does it have somewhere to go?

I've found that it only works on block update, which the Blood Magic rituals didn't do (which scuppered my lava gen, initially). That can be solved by putting an EB clock (or anything else that causes an update, but 1 per second seemed like a good rate to me) next to it.