Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jaxx050

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* They're crucibles. They're fired. I know how to read. They're just not putting any items into them from hoppers, from any position. Ducts don't work but I already read why they don't, so I tried their "fix"...which also doesn't work.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* They're crucibles. They're fired. I know how to read. They're just not putting any items into them from hoppers, from any position. Ducts don't work but I already read why they don't, so I tried their "fix"...which also doesn't work.
Now listen here, you lil' shit. You might know how to read, but every troubleshooting should start from the most basic/easiest to fix problems.

Nobody here's a magician except one guy, and even he specializes in blood, not mind tricks. You didn't even tell us which version of AgS you're using =/

Tone this kind of stuff down, please. Thanks, --Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Racemol and YX33A

Jaxx050

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I went into the FTB chat and did it there, thought I did here too. Using an unmodified version of v.3.0.1 of Agrarian Skies.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, next question, what is it you're trying to feed into them?

And, from this comment - "No, it's not. I explicitly tried it on all four sides of a single crucible and none worked", it's not clear if you tried shift-clicking the hopper directly onto the top of your crucibles which is the usual configuration that's worked fine for me.

Are you also feeding the crucibles through the item ducts? And if so, what are you trying to insert?

Last edited:

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
And how do you get the emeralds and diamonds for the automous activator you need to get past the all but impossible to obtain diamonds and emeralds via the rule of large numbers? Because just getting a pulverizer is useless if you can't get enough diamonds and emeralds to back it up. And your options boil down to getting villagers via a handful emeralds and blood magic, or the Autonomous Activator.
Come to think of it, a LOT of machines in TE3 have punny names because they often have added alliterative appeal.

In my LAN world with my friend, I already have the diamonds and emeralds necessary. Its not terribly difficult if you, like me, sift stacks of gravel at a time, then use the activator to get more stuff. I almost find it less annoying to hunt for diamonds in AS then in vanilla, mostly due to the fact that when I get diamonds, its because when I do, i'm not hunting diamonds, i'm sifting for ores. So when I do get a diamond, I often don't even notice it until i'm sorting my inventory into my chests.

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
A note that I forgot to add.
If you build your smelteries into the taiga area directly in the direction of the initial water pond (too lazy to check) build a 5x5 roof over it, or snow could get into it and ruin your multiblock.
Also, soon as you get an Igneous Extruder, use the ridiculous amounts of cobblestone you will generate to build a large expansion to your platform. It will give you a lot of room to expand. Don't forget to light it up. I've already used said expansion to build my smeltery, a furnace wall, and a high-output sugar cane farm.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, soon as you get an Igneous Extruder, use the ridiculous amounts of cobblestone you will generate to build a large expansion to your platform. It will give you a lot of room to expand. Don't forget to light it up. I've already used said expansion to build my smeltery, a furnace wall, and a high-output sugar cane farm.

Even better, use slabs first. You can reorient them using the crescent hammer when you're able to make enough torches. ;)

Reactions: cannajan and netmc

Jaxx050

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, next question, what is it you're trying to feed into them?

And, from this comment - "No, it's not. I explicitly tried it on all four sides of a single crucible and none worked", it's not clear if you tried shift-clicking the hopper directly onto the top of your crucibles which is the usual configuration that's worked fine for me.

Are you also feeding the crucibles through the item ducts? And if so, what are you trying to insert?

I'm not using item ducts as I said, since they're not working properly, only using hoppers. And all five sides really, including top, with cobblestone.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
As has already been answered, nope. I generally keep one of the dimensions of mine small (2x2 inside, 4x4 outside) so if I need more storage room/CPUs, I don't need to make ton of them.
Another tip for the MAC is that you don't have to fill the inside for it to work. If you only have a couple of diamonds or are short on redstone, you can just make a single pattern provider and put it in. Any size MAC automatically gives you one CPU's worth of crafting, so all you need are patterns to use it. That means if you build a 7x7x7 cube but can't fill it, just put a pattern provider inside against one wall. Make more stuff later.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not using item ducts as I said, since they're not working properly, only using hoppers. And all five sides really, including top, with cobblestone.
Just another general troubleshooting:
Have you tried putting cobble into the hopper manually to see if the problem is at the itemduct level or the hopper level
Next, have you tried breaking and replacing your crucible (sometimes blocks just go weird and bug out, breaking and replacing it resets such behaviour)

Sorry for the long list of questions we're giving you, but I guess that means none of us have come across the problem and we're just asking things that we'd try to do if that situation came up for us

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question of my own
Attempting to get blue slimes to spawn, and the information that I could find is conflicting
It says one of two things, either that blue slime water can cause them to spawn, or that they only spawn on the slime islands

I've currently created a large amount of flowing slime water in my base in an attempt to get the slimes to spawn as there's obviously no slime islands about.. But, I don't think it's working

Is there anything else I could do to get blue slimes to spawn?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question of my own
Attempting to get blue slimes to spawn, and the information that I could find is conflicting
It says one of two things, either that blue slime water can cause them to spawn, or that they only spawn on the slime islands

I've currently created a large amount of flowing slime water in my base in an attempt to get the slimes to spawn as there's obviously no slime islands about.. But, I don't think it's working

Is there anything else I could do to get blue slimes to spawn?

It's not conflicting. Slime islands are normally the only place you can find blue slime water. In AgS, the only way I know of getting a blue slime is via a quest reward. If you pick the blue slime bucket instead of the slimy sapling, you can create a blue slime by placing the slime bucket in the world and waiting.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It's not conflicting. Slime islands are normally the only place you can find blue slime water. In AgS, the only way I know of getting a blue slime is via a quest reward. If you pick the blue slime bucket instead of the slimy sapling, you can create a blue slime by placing the slime bucket in the world and waiting.
Oki, so I've already got the blue slime (said in the post you quoted)
But what I"m wondering about is, are there light level requirements? distance requirements? how long should I be waiting?
(I've had a pool of it sitting in my world for over an hour, and nothing so far)

Nevermind: it's just a troll. When I finally gave up on the set-up I had going there, and wanted to move it to a complete dark room, it spawned a blue slime when I picked up the water >.>

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How do you mean that?
Exactly what he said, make sure to have a dirt block that's underneath a source block of water (place water directly on it with a bucket)
You have a chance of digging one up with a crook if your right click on the dirt block in such a position
Expect to use a few crooks worth of durability as it's a low chance to get lilypads in this fashion

Reactions: Racemol

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry is indeed awesome. AS was the first pack I stared to use it and it's like extra bees on steroids! It's awesome for tree breeding too, if you just let the bees collect some pollen with the sieve upgrade.