Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean 0.5 0.5? Because all other litrature I've found on it states that, but also I have a question

How does it choose the difference between two biomes, for instance looking at the NEI dump, ocean and sky have the same temp and humidity, so if I was to get those values, how will it choose between the two?

You get neither. The Ritual is designed to assign a plains biome to 0.5/0.5.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You get neither. The Ritual is designed to assign a plains biome to 0.5/0.5.
Trying it I got ocean when I put nothing in for my creative test world.

It apparently avoids the nether and end biomes in the overworld, because those overlap with desert and ocean, and I got desert and ocean every time. The plains thing is for when you put an invalid combination in. So if there is no combination for 0.6/1.7, then it will give you plains.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Start a 3.0.1 world, and decide to hold myself back a little. I don't want the hoardes of crucibles, so I decide to focus on Blood Magic, and power things with the blood of the innocent. So, anyway, get that setup, and everything's working just fine. Set up smeltery to process the ores, but it's taking too long for my liking, and I don't want either alloying, or to set up 3 smelteries simply for processing, so I cook up some cobble, and go for a high oven ... only to realise that that nothing's cooking. Fine. I've got that auto-packager thing making me stone bricks, so I'll repurpose that, and all will be dandy. Except that the high oven now only accepts the dust blocks, nothing else smelts.

Bugger it, stick down the redstone furnace that was making charcoal, and be done with it.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Start a 3.0.1 world, and decide to hold myself back a little. I don't want the hoardes of crucibles, so I decide to focus on Blood Magic, and power things with the blood of the innocent. So, anyway, get that setup, and everything's working just fine. Set up smeltery to process the ores, but it's taking too long for my liking, and I don't want either alloying, or to set up 3 smelteries simply for processing, so I cook up some cobble, and go for a high oven ... only to realise that that nothing's cooking. Fine. I've got that auto-packager thing making me stone bricks, so I'll repurpose that, and all will be dandy. Except that the high oven now only accepts the dust blocks, nothing else smelts.

Bugger it, stick down the redstone furnace that was making charcoal, and be done with it.

I made a config file for modtweaker to fix that "issue". There are some recipes to smelt down Invar drops as well.

Maybe someone is interested in this:
Code:
#Add Recipes to smelt Invar Items
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.armor.invarHelmet, fluids.invar.molten * 720, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.armor.invarPlate, fluids.invar.molten * 1152, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.armor.invarLegs, fluids.invar.molten * 1008, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.armor.invarBoots, fluids.invar.molten * 576, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);

mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarSword, fluids.invar.molten * 288, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarShovel, fluids.invar.molten * 144, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarPickaxe, fluids.invar.molten * 432, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarAxe, fluids.invar.molten * 432, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarHoe, fluids.invar.molten * 288, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarFishingRod, fluids.invar.molten * 288, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);
mods.tconstruct.smeltery.addMelting(item.thermalexpansion.tool.invarSickle, fluids.invar.molten * 432, 350, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.invar.name);

####################################
#Add Recipes to Smelt Ex Nihilo Ores
#3750 Aluminum
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.aluminum_gravel, fluids.aluminum.molten * 288, 400, items.StorageMetals.Aluminum);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.aluminum_sand, fluids.aluminum.molten * 288, 400, items.StorageMetals.Aluminum);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.aluminum_dust, fluids.aluminum.molten * 288, 400, items.StorageMetals.Aluminum);
#3751 Copper
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.copper_gravel, fluids.copper.molten * 288, 500, items.StorageMetals.Copper);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.copper_sand, fluids.copper.molten * 288, 500, items.StorageMetals.Copper);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.copper_dust, fluids.copper.molten * 288, 500, items.StorageMetals.Copper);
#3752 Gold
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.gold_gravel, fluids.gold.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockGold);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.gold_sand, fluids.gold.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockGold);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.gold_dust, fluids.gold.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockGold);
#3753 Iron
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.iron_gravel, fluids.iron.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockIron);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.iron_sand, fluids.iron.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockIron);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.iron_dust, fluids.iron.molten * 288, 400, tile.blockIron);
#3754 Lead
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.lead_gravel, fluids.lead.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.lead.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.lead_sand, fluids.lead.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.lead.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.lead_dust, fluids.lead.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.lead.name);
#3755 Nickel
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.nickel_gravel, fluids.nickel.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.nickel.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.nickel_sand, fluids.nickel.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.nickel.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.nickel_dust, fluids.nickel.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.nickel.name);
#3757 Platinum
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.platinum_gravel, fluids.platinum.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.platinum.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.platinum_sand, fluids.platinum.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.platinum.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.platinum_dust, fluids.platinum.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.platinum.name);
#3758 Silver
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.silver_gravel, fluids.silver.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.silver.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.silver_sand, fluids.silver.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.silver.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.silver_dust, fluids.silver.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.silver.name);
#3759 Tin
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.tin_gravel, fluids.tin.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.tin.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.tin_sand, fluids.tin.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.tin.name);
mods.steelworks.addMelting(items.crowley.skyblock.tin_dust, fluids.tin.molten * 288, 400, tile.thermalexpansion.storage.tin.name);

I used ModTweaker to add a few Recipes and "fix" one or two issues that bothered me.
This basically enables you to smelt the Ex Nihilo Ore Gravels/Sands/Dusts in the Tinkers Steelworks High Oven. I also added the Invar Armor/Tools to the smeltery since my Infernal Mobs dropped tons of them. Now I can route them into the smeltery for more efficient storage.
It took quite a while to get this config to work properly. To "install", create a new file named "WhateverNameYouWant.cfg" in your Minetweaker-configfolder and paste the code above in there. Then open the file "main.cfg" and add the following line at the end:
Code:
include "WhateverNameYouWant.cfg";

EDIT: Apologies, there was a typo that read "Gold" instead of "Lead"

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I made a config file for modtweaker to fix that "issue". There are some recipes to smelt down Invar drops as well.

Eh, particularly with such a pointed pack as this (especially when that change was obviously intended), I prefer to play as intended. Plus, being on a personal server, it's more of a PITA to mess with configs.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't exactly sure if that change was intended or not, but it doesn't hurt to have it around just in case.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't exactly sure if that change was intended or not, but it doesn't hurt to have it around just in case.
I'd say that, given that one complete set of the Ex Nihlo stuff DOES smelt in it, it's intended, especially as it's the "most processed" form, and only affects the high oven (which was known to be an uber quick and convenient way of smelting (high fuel efficiency, high speed, no alloying). I might stick a bug report in anyways, just so that Jaded's aware of it, if it is unintended.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, I had a derp moment. Setup a nice infrastructure, resources coming in, processed and stored in AE system. So decide to get a few For the Hording quests running. All going quite nicely, SoulSand, Glass, Ice, Wood stocking up.
Was crafting in my AE system, when suddenly I couldn't craft. WTF. Take a look, out of power, my entire setup stalled. Didn't notice that I had a very slow net loss in power...
Luckily I was able to get a short burst of power into AE for long enough to get access to all my resources to craft more power gen.

Not used to having to have a lot of power gen, as in a normal world you don't have tons of machines constantly running.

My other Derp was, "Did I really need a 5x5x5 MAC..." Answer was No. What a massive drain on resources building it!

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I had a derp moment. Setup a nice infrastructure, resources coming in, processed and stored in AE system. So decide to get a few For the Hording quests running. All going quite nicely, SoulSand, Glass, Ice, Wood stocking up.
Was crafting in my AE system, when suddenly I couldn't craft. WTF. Take a look, out of power, my entire setup stalled. Didn't notice that I had a very slow net loss in power...
Luckily I was able to get a short burst of power into AE for long enough to get access to all my resources to craft more power gen.

Not used to having to have a lot of power gen, as in a normal world you don't have tons of machines constantly running.

My other Derp was, "Did I really need a 5x5x5 MAC..." Answer was No. What a massive drain on resources building it!
I went with 3x4x4, with 2 CPUs and 2 pattern providers. After all, it can always be expanded later if I need that, right?

Reactions: YX33A

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, don't MAC's have to be in a perfect cube?
Mine formed its borders properly when I put the last block in place. Let me get some recipes and resources in the system and I'll let you know whether it's broken; if I forget, then you can assume it worked just fine.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, don't MAC's have to be in a perfect cube?
The advantage is that a perfect cube will minimise surface area and maximise internal volume
(I.e. perfect cube = more cpu and patterns for the same resources)

But this isn't required, I mean you can build a 3x3xn tower which will be incredibly resource hungry, but look kinda cool

Jaxx050

Jul 29, 2019
Has the crucible recently had adding items to it via hopper disabled? Or is it some way I'm doing it wrong?
sklnaup.png

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a little derp on your part, from this angle it looks like the hopper is feeding into the back wall of cobble. When you place it down, the face you highlight is the one the hopper will feed into, you can change the bottom pointer with a crescent wrench or break the block and reorient it manually.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a little derp on your part, from this angle it looks like the hopper is feeding into the back wall of cobble. When you place it down, the face you highlight is the one the hopper will feed into, you can change the bottom pointer with a crescent wrench or break the block and reorient it manually.

Nope, that it a smoke particle from what I can tell...

It may be feeding into the other hopper though

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's not. I explicitly tried it on all four sides of a single crucible and none worked.
You sure those are crucibles and not stone barrels =D?

Also make sure that if they're crucibles, they're burned in an oven (as in they're not unfired versions)[Then again I don't even know if unfired crucibles can be placed in the world].