Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
MFR Harvester set to 'shear leaves' + series of barrels for the leaves to go into = never worry about dirt again! Automation can be done with ducts, ME import/export buses, hoppers... all kinds of options. Net result? Bunch o dirt.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
It is quite literally The end, almost all other quests need to be done(bragging excluded)

Thanks for the info, but that is quite annoying because my world started to lag quite a bit (down to 20 fps, I know my pc sucks) so I need to get rid of some builds I made.

That wouldn't be a problem but if I tear down my cobble production or bee farm and in "The End" is a quest for that stuff I have to rebuild it which I probably wouldn't do, because that's not fun.

Could you hint at what the quests are in that chapter, probably in a spoiler?

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Harvester set to 'shear leaves' + series of barrels for the leaves to go into = never worry about dirt again! Automation can be done with ducts, ME import/export buses, hoppers... all kinds of options. Net result? Bunch o dirt.

I do this with the left over saplings from my bloodwoods.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
any way to see whether something is stored in your AE system vs. in an inventory connected to a storage bus? I'm starting to build my storage room (deep storage galore) but want to make sure that everything is going through so I don't use any space on my drives for no reason.

What I do is use a two controller split network. One side of the network is a controller + all my drives. On the other side is a controller + all my storage bus-connected barrels/chests/etc. A few switches, some dark cable, etc. and I can split the network in two so I can see what is on the drives and what is on storage bus and rearrange as needed. An IO port on the storage bus side of the network allows me to purge stuff from the drives that shouldn't be on them periodically.

VazwTEE.jpg
Right switch splits network in half. Storage buses and main controller/terminals on the right side of the network with the crafting cube/IO port.
Middle switch cuts in secondary controller.
Left switch turns on tesseract to power secondary controller and charge backup energy cell.
IO Port to purge drives, ME chest to inspect individual drives, fuzzy export bus to dump patterns into the crafting cube so I don't have to run down to this end of the workshop every time I do a new pattern.

Last edited:

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019

650k dirt = you definitely have to worry about dirt again

I have 4 tree farms (1 sapling, 3 leaves) and close to 200 barrels.. for 20+ hours now.. and I'm just about halfway.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
the dirt and cobble hoarding quests are background jobs that should run pretty much the entire game. I never had more than 50 barrels composting dirt, still finished dirt before the end. Was also getting dirt from 4 sludge burners and some manual digging in my old ender quarries.

Reactions: Jeridan

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
the dirt and cobble hoarding quests are background jobs that should run pretty much the entire game. I never had more than 50 barrels composting dirt, still finished dirt before the end. Was also getting dirt from 4 sludge burners and some manual digging in my old ender quarries.

Must have run it for 100+ hours then.

Did you use a server + offline chunk loaders? obviously an entirely different situation if you did

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for Ex-Nihilo porcelain and for the MFR white dye for the white stained glass is the same and always gives the porcelain, but the glass is needed for the MFR bragging quest. is there another way to get that glass?

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for Ex-Nihilo porcelain and for the MFR white dye for the white stained glass is the same and always gives the porcelain, but the glass is needed for the MFR bragging quest. is there another way to get that glass?

shift click recipe into MAC

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019

I used the white dye from the bleached bees. It makes the correct ceramic dye.[DOUBLEPOST=1401140513][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone found a source of vitium?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic slimes/Tentacles can drop em.
You can produce them on your own by over filling a crucible and just dumping the contents. The flux goo that is created on the ground will turn into a thaumic slime if there is enough of it.

Thanks for the info, Being a noob to thaumcraft, I had no idea there was a good reason to overflow the crucible. My quest to get a jar of each aspect is complete.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Must have run it for 100+ hours then.

Did you use a server + offline chunk loaders? obviously an entirely different situation if you did

I wouldn't be surprised if I put 100+ hours into the pack. The last week I did have offline chunkloading. Was producing 5-10 of them/day.

If you're on singleplayer you could make a healing axe, hold it, and then just leave the game running overnight. Can safely AFK indefinitely that way.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I should make a healing axe, then. I hate quests where the biggest thing you do is wait, or build a gazillion arrays of something just to have nothing to do with it afterward, especially with my low-powered computer. So I guess making a few handfuls of stuff and then sitting overnight while my game plays on will help.