Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Something currently annoying me is the lag. I've not even got anything automated yet. Only at 44% at learning to skyblock, got 5 crucibles that I manually feed with cobble, with lava going to one dynamo powering 3 pulverizer fed by a single extruder. There's no item ducts anywhere.

I'm going to experiment with a few things, but has anyone got any suggestions? It's basically making the map unplayable.

Hard to say... I have a lot more stuff than that, with a bunch of automated crucibles, sieving, a mob tower running all the time with a small sorting system attached to it, a bunch of farms, lots of animals etc... No lag ^^.

Have you tried using Opis to find the cause? Did it lag right from the start of the map, or has it showed up lately? SP or Server? PC Specs?

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
So I have a stone crucible full of lava and I am right-clicking it with redstone, and I am not getting netherack (or anything). What am I doing wrong? This is on AgSkies 2.1.6.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a stone crucible full of lava and I am right-clicking it with redstone, and I am not getting netherack (or anything). What am I doing wrong? This is on AgSkies 2.1.6.
As Middleclaw says, you need to deposit the lava in a stone barrel (1 smoothstone slab and 6 smoothstone) then place redstone/glowstone in it.

Reactions: John.E

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like a very full Extra Bees Indexer is grinding my server to a halt. All was well until I rolled over to the bee area and tried to open it up. It's been slow to open and the interface has been laggy for a while as it's been filling up, and I recall a server-side NPE a day or two ago originating with the indexer.

Last night, though, I tried opening it and everything just seemed to stop. The server didn't crash, but my friend and I got kicked due to read time outs and could not log back in. The server did not respond to a stop command, so I had to force quit it. Tried restarting the server three more times to the same effect. I think I may have to destroy the indexer in order to continue.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like a very full Extra Bees Indexer is grinding my server to a halt. All was well until I rolled over to the bee area and tried to open it up. It's been slow to open and the interface has been laggy for a while as it's been filling up, and I recall a server-side NPE a day or two ago originating with the indexer.

Last night, though, I tried opening it and everything just seemed to stop. The server didn't crash, but my friend and I got kicked due to read time outs and could not log back in. The server did not respond to a stop command, so I had to force quit it. Tried restarting the server three more times to the same effect. I think I may have to destroy the indexer in order to continue.
I would never use Indexer due to the plethora of problems it comes with <.<

Reactions: egor66

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
3dbcMXT.png

That's a 600,000 ms ping. That indexer has got to go.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Yes the indexer has all ways been a problem & on servers when players that dont know pipe bees into it, its time to call staff or leave.

& too the ppl on the last page that mentioned a simple rollback to fix all related issues, yes that can & does work but at times the admin needs to go back a day or two to get a working backup, I have lost 2 days or late game quests like the lamps & golum cores 3 times on the last server, the admin a girl btw worked so hard to try find & fix the issues but in the end I felt so sorry for her, idiots with no idea how servers work insulting admins that are only trying to keep a stable server up, & now I am hearing on server that admins are considering banning the quest book, as most cant stop the constant book resets & the rollbacks are loosing them patrons, there fix is a book ban & an alt system for questing, I for one have no idea how this would or will work, but for me AgS map with no hqm/book is not a server I will be playing on, we will have to wait & see on that one or if a update/fix is released by Jaded & vswe, I do know that the forge team did try to work with bukkit devs & were refused point blank, that was a long time ago, maybe now there attitudes may have changed, so the hope of one day a ftb pack that server admins can custom control with a full range of plugin could happen, but I'll not hold out any hope on that one.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered a neat way to grow grass for automated earth shard production today. Reversing hoes turn dirt blocks into grass blocks on a right click. You can pop those bad boys into an autonomous activator to right click dirt blocks placed by an autonomous activator and have a third autonomous activator bust em up with a hammer.

I tried using an unbreakable reinforced X mattock with a diamond hammer added on to it when I first tried this. Sadly it still took durability damage when I broke blocks with it. :(

Reactions: madnewmy

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Nullifier is your friend.
(it also stores all your reward bags.)​
Can you please explain what you mean by the nullifier?

And, how does this address my questions:
How do you detect and prevent stuffing in the first place?
How do you tell what is stuffed in?
How do you make a "last resort removal" to empty them?
How do you prevent stuff from being pushed into an item duct if it has anything backlogged in the first place?

I'm not trying to delete the stuff that is excessive; I want to correct excess, examine what is currently excess, and then prevent future excess.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The nullifier has infinite storage capacity thanks to lava based technology.

Stuffing happens when items in a duct have nowhere to go- so they return to the spot they came from.
Its easy to prevent; make sure theres always an empty spot at the end of the line for stuff to go.
Using clear ducts can help out a lot, otherwise you're guessing where stuff is going.
You need to think along the line of 'only extract stuff if it has somewhere to go' then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to ask for some help: I managed to set up a large Mobspawn-Tower and thanks to the Autospawner I can spawn many mobs on demand... For example normal green slimes and some pink slimes. To complete the set I'd like to acquire a blue slime but I have no idea where to get one... I didn't pick the bucket with blue slime when I had the chance (Think I took Slime-Saplings) and my various tries to spawn one in a slime chunk weren't succesful... do I just have to keep trying until a blue slime is spawned or can I jut stop and pack up because I missed my chance? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I know I can get blue slime from the slime trees but even after trying for a bit I wasn't able to turn them into a mob.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to ask for some help: I managed to set up a large Mobspawn-Tower and thanks to the Autospawner I can spawn many mobs on demand... For example normal green slimes and some pink slimes. To complete the set I'd like to acquire a blue slime but I have no idea where to get one... I didn't pick the bucket with blue slime when I had the chance (Think I took Slime-Saplings) and my various tries to spawn one in a slime chunk weren't succesful... do I just have to keep trying until a blue slime is spawned or can I jut stop and pack up because I missed my chance? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

I know I can get blue slime from the slime trees but even after trying for a bit I wasn't able to turn them into a mob.

you can get one from the tree (got one today) but i don't think there is any other way for you...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

To my knowledge, there's no other way to get a blue slime mob. You can get the actual blue slime balls from the slime tree leaves or by sifting slimy mud. I had to do the same for the quest, as I also didn't choose the bucket when I had the chance :(

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
So tree harvesting golems can be lifesavers as I experienced today, had an amaranth farm that I was strolling through(not a dense one) yet I still managed to become encased in the trunk with no way of exiting(usually you have a direction you can walk to clip out).
Unluckily I had my mattock, hatchet and lumberax all tucked away at the time so I was slightly in panic.
Then that little tree harvesting golem came to my rescue, he is now getting a fez, bowtie, spectacles and will never be "golemancer's bell"ed or otherwise killed even after my amaranth farm has done its work.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
So has anyone tried putting a Bibliocraft clipboard in their Enchiridion binder? I made a clipboard to help me get better organized and stay on track, but I don't want to clutter up my hotbar, I'm carrying around enough stuff as it is.