Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Finally finished the map :D It has ruined my life for the past few weeks, but bloody loved it <3
ZaIyq.gif

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Give us a screenie/vid of your world, would love to see how you laid it all out!
Oh yea, and screenie the book, i don't believe u :p
http://imgur.com/a/QhGxk Not on par with some worlds that i've seen from people, but it did the job and i'm proud of it nonetheless :)[DOUBLEPOST=1400880450][/DOUBLEPOST]Share with me pictures of your world so i can see what i could of done better/easier :)

Reactions: cannajan and Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/QhGxk Not on par with some worlds that i've seen from people, but it did the job and i'm proud of it nonetheless :)[DOUBLEPOST=1400880450][/DOUBLEPOST]Share with me pictures of your world so i can see what i could of done better/easier :)
I'll be going to bed soon, so tomorrow I'll get some screenies of my place. I haven't done ALL the quests, but am very close to, I just need to go afk with my healing hatchet for a bit and let things tick over...
Screenies tomorrow!

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be going to bed soon, so tomorrow I'll get some screenies of my place. I haven't done ALL the quests, but am very close to, I just need to go afk with my healing hatchet for a bit and let things tick over...
Screenies tomorrow!
I mostly just set my world up as a server and let it run overnight, but a healing hatchet may of come in handy...

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, iguana tweeks is driving me insane (Short trip, I know), those 3 levels of mossy are sure to come in handy on my fluxed pick. I don't normally mind the mod but then you get something like firey enchant as the last upgrade on a sword and you have to just accept that you are not getting any ender pearls until you can make another one. Also still kinda annoying that the replace a part mechanic still does not appear to work on weapons.

also: don't let witch water spill off into the void unless you like the bombed out look for your base.
Also also: if this is your first real experience with a skyblok map(like it was for me), remember the first last and quite a few of the middle rules of skyblock: Don't build floors 1 block thick. ya, I have a lot of fond memories of falling into the void. Someone really needs to add a fading scream sound effect for the void death.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Gah, iguana tweeks is driving me insane (Short trip, I know), those 3 levels of mossy are sure to come in handy on my fluxed pick. I don't normally mind the mod but then you get something like firey enchant as the last upgrade on a sword and you have to just accept that you are not getting any ender pearls until you can make another one. Also still kinda annoying that the replace a part mechanic still does not appear to work on weapons.

also: don't let witch water spill off into the void unless you like the bombed out look for your base.
Also also: if this is your first real experience with a skyblok map(like it was for me), remember the first last and quite a few of the middle rules of skyblock: Don't build floors 1 block thick. ya, I have a lot of fond memories of falling into the void. Someone really needs to add a fading scream sound effect for the void death.
yeah the hit, hit, hit isn't quite satisfying enough for the "oh crap!" precurser

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Witch water can act as a space for squids to spawn
Squid in witch water turns into ghast
Ghasts now have free roaming around your base.
Profit?
Well, you could just put a mob grinder next to a pool of witch water, in an enclosed space. Ghast tears for almost free! Me, I decided to put a slaugherhouse next to my squid pool, with a redstone energy cell to power it. I barely have to check on the thing to get free liquid meat and pink stuff. And since I made a meat packer, I have ingots of cooked meat for food and to power culinary generators... again for almost free (a cost in energy, but that's NOT a problem).

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Even better, use two different materials (e.g. wood for the base with stone above) that way when you've got your pick up to near instant mining speed you still can't accidentally mine a hole straight below yourself.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Even better, use two different materials (e.g. wood for the base with stone above) that way when you've got your pick up to near instant mining speed you still can't accidentally mine a hole straight below yourself.

won't stop a bound pick; but what will

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
As for the idea that it isn't worth the hassle Lurgen, I guess I will see. I happened to have operated a real nuclear reactor and this whole process is interesting to me in a very geeky personal way.

Have you seen ReactorCraft from Reika? What do you think of it?

Reactions: Padfoote

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, a question of forestry trees, bees, and butterflies.

The only way I know of to get forestry trees normally is to stick them vanilla saplings in a tree-alizer, or plant normal trees near a beehive.

The other way to generate forestry saplings is to make an enclosed space with trees (a greenhouse), and toss one butterfly in; sit back and wait. A butterfly will turn vanilla leaves into forestry leaves; it will eventually start moving pollen back-and-forth, and as soon as one forestry leaf is made, that leaf will spawn more butterflies. The process is slow to start, but powerful.

Is there any way to get a butterfly before you get a forestry sapling / beehive in this pack? Normally, I actually like forestry for the trees and wood color; I actually don't breed bees.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
So can't for the life of me figure out how this keeps happening
rte3aOv.png
This sneaky mooshroom apparently is an escape artist, this is not the first time its happened(first time in another pen though). Its original pen is fenced in flat platform of mycelium and cobble that is 7x5.

I probably should get a name tag and name him Houdini..........

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I find that
rte3aOv.png
This sneaky mooshroom apparently is an escape artist, this is not the first time its happened(first time in another pen though). Its original pen is fenced in flat platform of mycelium and cobble that is 7x5.

fences are unreliable for keeping animals in. I've started using cobble with a slab on top as a better solution.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
-img snip-

I use Paving Stones of Warding for my enclosures.

Reactions: Padfoote

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I find that

fences are unreliable for keeping animals in. I've started using cobble with a slab on top as a better solution.
Wow, surprised they still haven't fixed that since 1.4.
Though generally losing a few animals that can spawn elsewhere is less of a problem in vanilla.
Edit: Wow didn't notice that but there is also a black sheep in my photo(pun intended)