Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a filing cabinet for princesses but not drones. Also the princesses from MB and EB have a different ID than forestry bees so of you use regular filing cabinets you will need 3. Your best bet would be to use a magic filing cabinet. If I am remembering this right the filing cabinet can't store non stackable items, so you will need to store the drones somewhere else.

Side note: would it be possible to hook up a filing cabinet to an ME network? I need to know for... reasons...
Actually you can store stackable items. And yes you can hook it up to an ME network.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Side note: would it be possible to hook up a filing cabinet to an ME network? I need to know for... reasons...

Yup, I've got a couple advanced ones hooked up to storage busses.

The first is set to highest priority with a white list and holds all the crap I'll never have more than one or two of, like cooking tools (pot, juicer, etc) and safari nets.

The second one is at a slightly lower priority to catch all the armor and tools from my grinder. I've got an item duct with a lever on this going to a trash can, but I like to scan it for stuff to disenchant first, and to catch anything I need to add to the white list for the other.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get drones in my regular or upgraded filing cabinet. I also couldn't get it to play nice with AE since I would have to manually whitelist each drone/princes = annoying. I'm still having the issue that bees with the same exact genome are not stacking in the magical filing cabinet which is mildly annoying.

i'll try again this weekend with the filing cabinets though and will post any findings here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I can't get drones in my regular or upgraded filing cabinet. I also couldn't get it to play nice with AE since I would have to manually whitelist each drone/princes = annoying. I'm still having the issue that bees with the same exact genome are not stacking in the magical filing cabinet which is mildly annoying.

i'll try again this weekend with the filing cabinets though and will post any findings here
use fuzzy storage bus and set higher priority

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Items cannot stack if ANY data is different between them. And even if all data you can see from the bee-alyzer is identical doesn't mean there isn't some hidden NBT data that differs.

I think someone earlier mentioned that the number of generations is in the data, which means princesses would need to be from the same generation. Not sure if this would be in the visible data at the moment though...

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
okay, thanks.. was I supposed to always do this or did mine get bugged somehow?

i was wondering if I was on the wrong mode because i thought I was supposed to get extra princesses in AS.. haven't seen that happen yet so its been pretty difficult to progress in bees.
On my server the config was correct on version 2.1.4, but upon updating to 2.1.6 the config was swapped to normal from AGSKYBLOCK.

Just checked the default 2.1.6 server files and in the config the difficulty is set to normal not AGSKYBLOCK.

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, go on, call me insane :D
ZJ83N26.png

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering what people have been using to mass produce biofuel from MFR? Struggling to produce 200 buckets atm let alone 1600

Use as many different types of seed/sapling/whatever as possible. If you use 9, you get significantly more fuel and it runs for longer. From memory I used

oak saplings
birch saplings
pumpkin seeds
melon seeds
potatoes
carrots
brown mushroom
red mushroom
wheat seeds

The I just let it run.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
On my server the config was correct on version 2.1.4, but upon updating to 2.1.6 the config was swapped to normal from AGSKYBLOCK.

Just checked the default 2.1.6 server files and in the config the difficulty is set to normal not AGSKYBLOCK.
Yeah, every time you update it changes the config to normal. Just remember to retype the command every time.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Which file do I need to edit to prevent Ocelots from spawning? I think/read there was a way to disable the Spawning of Ocelots somewhere in the config but I was unable to find out exactly where I need to go...

My Island:
5LTrIAE.png
The way I build allows tons of these cats to spawn, and I think they killed off my chicken farm. They dont really drop anything of worth and because of all the torches (and magnum torches) there are no Creepers to scare away

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Which file do I need to edit to prevent Ocelots from spawning? I think/read there was a way to disable the Spawning of Ocelots somewhere in the config but I was unable to find out exactly where I need to go...

My Island:
5LTrIAE.png
The way I build allows tons of these cats to spawn, and I think they killed off my chicken farm. They dont really drop anything of worth and because of all the torches (and magnum torches) there are no Creepers to scare away
Stop building in jungle biomes :)

Reactions: GreenZombie

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So, any reason not to try 2.1.6 ?
  • If you get forestry backpacks in a reward bag, the mining backpacks each have 4 stacks of redstone ore in them.

not completely true, I've had forestry backpacks as a reward and there was nothing in them
I even checked them all just to be sure

also, a tip for people doing the crop quests, if you've well established into Blood Magic, craft yourself a bound armor set with 8 sigils of the green grove
you'll complete the quests in no time

Reactions: Padfoote

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019

I have been running server for me and a couple of friends since 2.1.2, and I've never even heard of this AGSKYBLOCK setting... That goes in the Difficulty setting? Of Serverproperties.cfg or somewhere else?

I feel like a derp for now knowing this :D