Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that was enlightening but utterly useless in telling me what happens if I use that enchanted rod.

I found that thread too, but all I learned from it was from Mariculture. I wasn't able to find the changelog with the information you told me the first time I saw that... but now I got it. Still, going through every tab labeled changelog appaers to be very cumbersome. Still, thanks for the answer pderuiter

P.S.: Technically it not my Google skills that weren't up to par^^
True :)

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
Use the following command to set it to the correct mode.

Code:
/beekeeping set 0 AGSKYBLOCK

okay, thanks.. was I supposed to always do this or did mine get bugged somehow?

i was wondering if I was on the wrong mode because i thought I was supposed to get extra princesses in AS.. haven't seen that happen yet so its been pretty difficult to progress in bees.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
okay, thanks.. was I supposed to always do this or did mine get bugged somehow?

i was wondering if I was on the wrong mode because i thought I was supposed to get extra princesses in AS.. haven't seen that happen yet so its been pretty difficult to progress in bees.
The rate at which you get extra princesses is fairly low, so use Gendustry to give your bees the short life trait if you want more princesses.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The rate at which you get extra princesses is fairly low, so use Gendustry to give your bees the short life trait if you want more princesses.

Another thing to note is that the lifespan upgrade for the industrial apiary reduces their lifespan. Good for getting drones faster or for turning that new queen you just pulled out of the advanced mutatron into a princess and drones you can make your next mutation with.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019

Yea, I've been using gendustry with shortest + fertility x3 life traits as I hunt for bees that I can make into a better breeder template. Even with the industrial apiary max life span upgrades, I'm not getting any extra princesses.. just drones.. so I haven't been able to progress to other bee species very easily.

my goal is to get to every species and then set up a host of production bees for any species with useful products. and purple, obviously.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to explore Mariculture for a while, even if there is no quest that I know of that deals with it:
After enchanting my Fishing Rod (Reed) I got the enchantment "Luck of the Irish I" but I have absolutely no idea what it is supposed to do. Found nothing on any wiki and google shows me tons of stuff that aren't remotely connected to Minecraft/Mariculture. Any ideas what this enchantment is supposed to do?

It tells you this in the 'Sea Witch's Guide' Book.
"This enchantment gives bonus enchantability when enchanting with mirrors, or increases your catch rate with fishing rods. (Better chance in autofishers)."
AKA, It speeds up fishing manually(less wait time), and gives a bonus chance to catch in autofishers, so you'll catch something more often than before.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone find a way of automating Spellbook combination?
I set up a machine that unenchants all my mob-drops and pipes them into a filing cabinet. I have quite a few low-level enchantments that I'd like to combine into high level ones, but the only way of doing this seems to be by hand. I dont really mind doing that to fetch a specific enchantment, but I never have enough XP on me to combine more then one or two books since most of my killing is done by machines. The goal is to set up a library with various enchants to remove the whole randomness of enchanting

Is there a way to convert Mob Essence into XP? It might be possible to craft some Bottle o'Enchantings somewhere but it seems like a lot of work to get a stack of bottles and smash them for a few xp-orbs.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone find a way of automating Spellbook combination?
I set up a machine that unenchants all my mob-drops and pipes them into a filing cabinet. I have quite a few low-level enchantments that I'd like to combine into high level ones, but the only way of doing this seems to be by hand. I dont really mind doing that to fetch a specific enchantment, but I never have enough XP on me to combine more then one or two books since most of my killing is done by machines. The goal is to set up a library with various enchants to remove the whole randomness of enchanting

Is there a way to convert Mob Essence into XP? It might be possible to craft some Bottle o'Enchantings somewhere but it seems like a lot of work to get a stack of bottles and smash them for a few xp-orbs.

You can use an auto enchanter to combine books, and that runs of mob essence.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
You can use an auto enchanter to combine books, and that runs of mob essence.

Will the auto enchanter combine enchantments? I assumed it wouldn't because you can't do that in a vanilla enchanting table.

There's also an auto anvil which should work (assuming vanilla mechanics, but with mob essence), but I haven't used it...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Will the auto enchanter combine enchantments? I assumed it wouldn't because you can't do that in a vanilla enchanting table.

There's also an auto anvil which should work (assuming vanilla mechanics, but with mob essence), but I haven't used it...

I think the auto-anvil would be what you want for combining enchants. I could be wrong, but that makes more sense than the auto-enchanter.

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
/FrownyFace
Wish I could trade some of my endless stacks of Ardite and Cobot for some gold, lol.

I got stacks of gold but no cobolt or ardite. I was getting plenty of gold from sieving but I also supplimented it by repairing the gold armour coming out of my mob farms every once in a while and then putting it in the smeltery.

Lurgen

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone worked out a way to get a SuperFlat world to generate under a Agrarian Skies? A few of us are curious about how this pack might go as a generic gameplay pack.

It looks like CoFH is handling world gen, but for the life of me I cannot convince it to either a) just use vanilla world gen or b) generate anything at all.

All I get is void.

We just want the nice simple arrangement of bedrock, dirt and grass sprawling as far as Steve can see.

Importing a hand made map works, but that stops me from expanding if we need more space.

One of the main reasons we want to try this is to allow players to build a very large world from scratch without starting right next to each other. Our server has seen ridiculous increases in bandwidth consumption per player, reaching levels 20 times higher than we see on our DW20 world. So much so that players are getting into trouble with their ISPs! We peaked at over 2mbit/sec per player!!!

Some of this can surely be mitigated by keeping bases further apart, as well as having more room to build.

Removing crucibles made a huge difference (up to 60% reduction) but it's still at problem levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone worked out a way to get a SuperFlat world to generate under a Agrarian Skies? A few of us are curious about how this pack might go as a generic gameplay pack.

It looks like CoFH is handling world gen, but for the life of me I cannot convince it to either a) just use vanilla world gen or b) generate anything at all.

All I get is void.

We just want the nice simple arrangement of bedrock, dirt and grass sprawling as far as Steve can see.

Importing a hand made map works, but that stops me from expanding if we need more space.

One of the main reasons we want to try this is to allow players to build a very large world from scratch without starting right next to each other. Our server has seen ridiculous increases in bandwidth consumption per player, reaching levels 20 times higher than we see on our DW20 world. So much so that players are getting into trouble with their ISPs! We peaked at over 2mbit/sec per player!!!

Some of this can surely be mitigated by keeping bases further apart, as well as having more room to build.

Removing crucibles made a huge difference (up to 60% reduction) but it's still at problem levels.

Ex Nihilo may also be contributing to the world gen
I know in the configs there's an option for a void world

Reactions: Lurgen

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I got stacks of gold but no cobolt or ardite. I was getting plenty of gold from sieving but I also supplimented it by repairing the gold armour coming out of my mob farms every once in a while and then putting it in the smeltery.
Save it and throw it at pechs for unlimited stuffs.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

In my first play through (uncomplete) I got ardite and cobalt gravel from sifting soul sand, since the update, nothing, so I assume that it's been nerfed.

Since then, the only way I got cobalt or ardite is from the mining laser or from mining in the nether.

Side question, how does the Ender Quarry deal with me logging out and back in? It was mining quite successfully, but when I logged back in, it doesn't seem to be working. It claims to be mining an area, but I couldn't see the purple sparkles. Does it properly record where it's up to and start there again? or does it start over and ignore the dirt that it's already put in place?

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019

All I get is void.

Go into crowley.skyblock.cfg and find this section :p
Code:
####################
# void generation options
####################

"void generation options" {
    B:end=true
    B:nether=false
    B:nether_fortresses_allowed=false
    B:overworld=true
}

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Ninja'd :p

From the crowley.skyblock.cfg file in the config folder.

Code:
####################
# void generation options
####################

"void generation options" {
    B:end=true
    B:nether=false
    B:nether_fortresses_allowed=false
    B:overworld=true
}

Change end=true and overworld=true to false and you will have land for the overworld and end.