Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
I know most things, but I've never needed to farm squids....

Fair enough, wasn't trying to be insulting, just an observation.

And the nether iridium issue, seems a little unfair to state in the book at the beginning that the nether is optional, then force you to spend tons of time in there. I set a couple of rules for myself at the beginning, and no nether was one of them.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough, wasn't trying to be insulting, just an observation.

And the nether iridium issue, seems a little unfair to state in the book at the beginning that the nether is optional, then force you to spend tons of time in there. I set a couple of rules for myself at the beginning, and no nether was one of them.
You don't need to take a single step to Nether. Mining laser gets you plenty of everything.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need to take a single step to Nether. Mining laser gets you plenty of everything.
It's been running for over a week on full power and have yet to see one, on the previous map that crashed to death I ran 2 at full power for the same amount of time and have only ever seen any from rewards, I thought it was an issue.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me which devs/forgecrafters are behind the nicknames in the quest book?

I know that:

The Jaded One = jadedcat (duh)
The Drunk Tinkerer = MDiyo
The Notorious Ones = Direwolf20 + Soaryn?
The Way of flowing Time = wayofflowingtime (also duh)
The Lord of the Forest = SirSengir
The Organized One = AlgorithmX2

Anyone know who the other ones are?

Its on jaded post presenting the pack in 3rd party modpack section of the forum

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
Place a hive in the center of a 5x5x5 of snow blocks/ice blocks. Allow sky light as necessary.
Thanks for your response, built a 5x5x5 snow structure. The hive goes in the middle next too two pieces of dirt with flowers on and has a straight vertical shaft to the sky. 60 scented hives later and still no wintry hive. Am I doing something wrong or does rng just hate me?
2014-05-18_220355_zps217a78d8.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It's been running for over a week on full power and have yet to see one, on the previous map that crashed to death I ran 2 at full power for the same amount of time and have only ever seen any from rewards, I thought it was an issue.
Yea, it was an issue that now *should* be fixed.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your response, built a 5x5x5 snow structure. The hive goes in the middle next too two pieces of dirt with flowers on and has a straight vertical shaft to the sky. 60 scented hives later and still no wintry hive. Am I doing something wrong or does rng just hate me?
[/URL][/IMG]

That's extremely nasty ratio you have, I would perhaps try a couple of other spots too. I can't really prove it, it's more a feeling from the hives I've placed, but some places seem to work better than others, sometimes just a block away, and placing down a few at a time seems to help too.

Yea, it was an issue that now *should* be fixed.
sweet, thx for the info, may try filling it with white foci. -edit oh crap, that recipe still conflicts with porcelain clay from what I remember.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly 12 heads is nothing, i have something like a 100 crystal clusters beneath my altar, and have very few problems with instability and have yet to see any flux. To get around the stuff being knocked off the pedestals aim a hopper at each pedestal and put extra items in there, it will automatically refill the pedestals as long as spare items remain.
Crystal clusters?
Why waste crystals, just make a 12x12 layer of candles,undermthe altar :p

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
[/URL][/IMG]

From the Ex Nihilo page:
Wintry:
Must be near lots of snow (natural snow, not the blocks that you make out of snowballs).
Must be near flowers which are registered with Forestry.
Requires a FROZEN type biome.
So I guess that means downfall(the thin covering) and not snow block?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
From the Ex Nihilo page:
Wintry:
Must be near lots of snow (natural snow, not the blocks that you make out of snowballs).
Must be near flowers which are registered with Forestry.
Requires a FROZEN type biome.
So I guess that means downfall(the thin covering) and not snow block?
I've already tried 100's just using the natural snowfall, although maybe I could try creating the 5x5x5 out of snow dusting not snowblocks.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried 100's just using the natural snowfall, although maybe I could try creating the 5x5x5 out of snow dusting not snowblocks.
Did you also notice the statement about flowers?
May be something you usually don't think about, was lucky myself and got two reward bags with the 16/16/16...../16 hives all of this is just conjecture sadly.

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
Did you also notice the statement about flowers?
May be something you usually don't think about, was lucky myself and got two reward bags with the 16/16/16...../16 hives all of this is just conjecture sadly.
I have a red and yellow flower right next to the hive, I'm fairly sure that they count as forestry registered. Grrrr I hate this hive

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Crystal clusters?
Why waste crystals, just make a 12x12 layer of candles,undermthe altar :p

ah its not a waste at all, ice maker and an autonomous, hardly breaks the bank :p and can place them on the bottom of the blocks under the altar, so no floor space taken.

edit- looked at vast floorspace under my island, why do I even care about more... :D OK, coz they pretty!

Last edited:

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I have a red and yellow flower right next to the hive, I'm fairly sure that they count as forestry registered. Grrrr I hate this hive
Hmm did some testing and found something that at least worked for me
Make a 9x9 in a winter biome, ahve the center 3x3 be dirt with flowers on top and hive in the middle.
Have some natural downfall cover the remaining platform.

Now the things that I don't know whether affect it are and may not be required but rather RNG being mean.
Adding 10 snow and 10 ice blocks in the airspace over the flowers/natural snow.
I also added a 9x9 under the platform with the thin snow(ID 79)

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm did some testing and found something that at least worked for me
Make a 9x9 in a winter biome, ahve the center 3x3 be dirt with flowers on top and hive in the middle.
Have some natural downfall cover the remaining platform.

Now the things that I don't know whether affect it are and may not be required but rather RNG being mean.
Adding 10 snow and 10 ice blocks in the airspace over the flowers/natural snow.
I also added a 9x9 under the platform with the thin snow(ID 79)
Will give that a try thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1400423248][/DOUBLEPOST]So is the 9x9 made out of snow blocks or just snow?

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Will give that a try thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1400423248][/DOUBLEPOST]So is the 9x9 made out of snow blocks or just snow?
The platform is just made of cobble and dirt, the thing I think is important is the natural snow. Doing a second test to see whether my current setup is any good.

Current setup
EzzX6WQ.png
Top layer of snow is natural while second is artificial.

And again the snow/ice blocks and the second layer may or may not actually do anything.
Currently I've placed 2 Hives and 1 of them turned into wintry, trying a third one atm.
Edit:If the above setup is the requiremetns/boosts it then I have 2/4 turned so far

If the 9x9 of natural snow and flowers are only actual requirements, then my current ratio 2/8 turn into wintry.

Last edited:

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
The platform is just made of cobble and dirt, the thing I think is important is the natural snow. Doing a second test to see whether my current setup is any good.

Current setup
EzzX6WQ.png
Top layer of snow is natural while second is artificial.

And again the snow/ice blocks and the second layer may or may not actually do anything.
Currently I've placed 2 Hives and 1 of them turned into wintry, trying a third one atm

If the 9x9 of natural snow and flowers are only actual reqs, then my current ratio is 1/7 become wintry.
Thank you for all your help. Getting that setup now.
:DDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ty again!

Last edited:
Reactions: cannajan