Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Marconos

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to use forestry multifarms to grow mushroom. I have the farm up and functioning, moistener making me mycelium to place etc. Mycellium is placed, mushrooms are planted but nothing happens. I "thought" that mycelium didn't worry about light and the farm is supposed to grow giant mushrooms. Am I missing something here?

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
20000 mbs of water in the tank of my high furnace and I have no idea (I have tried using coal already -.-) how to turn it into steam can anyone tell me?

if the problem is with it not accepting water the drain is possibly backwards - where you would normally stand outside and place the drain, stand inside the oven and place it so it drains water into the oven and pipe water into the drain.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to use forestry multifarms to grow mushroom. I have the farm up and functioning, moistener making me mycelium to place etc. Mycellium is placed, mushrooms are planted but nothing happens. I "thought" that mycelium didn't worry about light and the farm is supposed to grow giant mushrooms. Am I missing something here?
The fastest way to create mushrooms is through the mass production of witch water. Automate the production and harvest the mushrooms with a harvester.

Rawrosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
if the problem is with it not accepting water the drain is possibly backwards - where you would normally stand outside and place the drain, stand inside the oven and place it so it drains water into the oven and pipe water into the drain.
Thanks for the advice ill try it now

Last edited:

Marconos

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest way to create mushrooms is through the mass production of witch water. Automate the production and harvest the mushrooms with a harvester.

I'm trying to stay away from the MFR farming stuff and using the forestry. I just like the way the forestry works better. Not worried about the most efficient way, just the most fun for me ;)

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to stay away from the MFR farming stuff and using the forestry. I just like the way the forestry works better. Not worried about the most efficient way, just the most fun for me ;)
Fair enough. As long as you're not worried about completing quests, what do you have planned for the map?

That's a bit snarky, but to be honest the map is balanced around the speed/efficiency of MFR, not Forestry (aside from bees, 'natch). You simply won't be able to complete most of the quests in a reasonable amount of time without using MFR.

Marconos

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. As long as you're not worried about completing quests, what do you have planned for the map?

That's a bit snarky, but to be honest the map is balanced around the speed/efficiency of MFR, not Forestry (aside from bees, 'natch). You simply won't be able to complete most of the quests in a reasonable amount of time without using MFR.

I'm just working on the quests, no rush. I just really don't like the entire MFR mod. I use the breeder / farming portions (only cause I have no other option) but pretty much stay away from anything else in it. Just really love the forestry setup and figured I would try the mushroom farm thing. Wish I knew why it wasn't working. Could it be a biome thing? I have it in a forest biome atm.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Please, guys. I really need help here.

from the wiki: 1 or more blocks of water, any light level, spawning block must be between level 46 and 62, inclusive.

if you look at the co-ords on the minimap it will show your eye level so -1 from that, which seems to catch out a few people.

i think this is pretty true, wouldn't like to estimate the time it would take to make 100k oak and 50k lettuce without mfr. I used to feel it was a little overpowered and underpriced, but this pack made me have a new appreciation for it.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
I never bother with squid spawning. It is much easier to make a squid spawn egg put the squid in a 2 x 2 x 2 chanmber then using a Jailer's safarai net to keep it spawned, and using a rancher to get ink.

Still too early, and I wanna farm them for Squid(Food).

from the wiki: 1 or more blocks of water, any light level, spawning block must be between level 46 and 62, inclusive.

if you look at the co-ords on the minimap it will show your eye level so -1 from that, which seems to catch out a few people.

It's in the right range... Does it have to be open to the sky?

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Still too early, and I wanna farm them for Squid(Food).

It's in the right range... Does it have to be open to the sky?

nope, and they should spawn in every biome too. In a skyblock they should spawn pretty much instantly as soon as you get far enough away.