Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just made a regeneration potion flask and put in a greater lengthening and power catalyst, giving me a potion with regen IV for 52 seconds. Long story short, it's a great item for powering my soul network, even if for no other reason to get the 50k LP to activate my well of suffering.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, graveyard soil + MFR spawner + witches (soon I hope).

When I start the auto-spawner, things are slow, but eventually there are enough undead regenning off of the graveyard soil (and their own regen) that I'm ticking for like 5k LP per ritual tick. I was thinking of automating my LP, but a system that I want isn't realizable without CC.

When 80% full (liquid system), turn off auto spawner. When full, turn off drain tesseract, activate input tesseract. When under 50%, activate auto spawner, turn off input tesseract, activate drain tesseract.

This way I have an automated system that can use level emitters from AE to detect a certain level of LP. The goal isnt' to store massive amounts of LP, but to create a system that is automated in terms of generating LP. That way I NEVER have to touch my blood altar again, unless I want to craft stuff.

At that point I could have 100k LP stored in my AE system, such that I could go pure speed rune and craft my ass off. Get a demonic slate in under 10s or something, heh.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
...is it me, or does my well of suffering not work? How close does the blood altar need to be in order for it to receive LP from the well of sacrifice? Do the mobs need to be visible to the well of suffering?
EDIT: Nevermind, placed a second blood altar literally on top of the master ritual stone, now it's working.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Mine's literally right under my altar. My mob spawner is 4 blocks above my altar, and the mobs are in range. I think it's 10 in every direction. That is the range for one of the other rituals, so I'll just assume that to be the case for this one.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
yHj1p3X.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong for squid spawn? It's just 8 or so blocks below the flat platform.

It's a bit below y=63.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The bound armor requires full set for the bonus as far as I know, and believe me, that set is worth the effort. Sigils of air and haste are essentials for it in my opinion, and it's the best armour in this pack by a fair shot.

The full set is required for complete damage negation. Having a single piece with a Sigil, blood shard, and orb will still run that Sigil, it just won't provide complete immunity to damage.
For some reason it seems like the rituals aren't working for me.
Which rituals?

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
The full set is required for complete damage negation. Having a single piece with a Sigil, blood shard, and orb will still run that Sigil, it just won't provide complete immunity to damage.

Which rituals?
So do I only need one piece (e.g. the boots) to be able to have a permanent and free Sigil of the Green Grove active at all times? That's my intent for now at least (I have a master blood orb, it can't be that bad to make a new one if the old one is consumed seeing as I just make 8 runes of augmented capacity and can relatively easily make more).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So do I only need one piece (e.g. the boots) to be able to have a permanent and free Sigil of the Green Grove active at all times?

Yes. If you put a Master Blood Orb in there with a Weak Blood Shard and the Sigil, you will have a constant Green Grove effect active, for free.

Rawrosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
20000 mbs of water in the tank of my high furnace and I have no idea (I have tried using coal already -.-) how to turn it into steam can anyone tell me?

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
On the Minecraft forum post, it said it's just hunger, but I decided to use a well of suffering with witches instead of self-sacrifice.

always the better option i feel, this really aint the kinda pack you wanna be running around with low hp.

hehe when it comes to blood magic sadism > masochism.

Brenden Cousland

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, me and a freind are playing Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest on LAN and we both have vein miner but it will not allow us to use it any sugestions?