Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide on how to get all the different bee hives?
It is in the Ex Nihilo thread.
copypasta:
Meadows:
Must be near flowers which are registered with Forestry.
Requires a PLAINS type biome.

Forest:
Must be near leaves, and lots of them.
Requires a FOREST type biome.

Modest:
Must be near Cactus.
Requires a DESERT type biome.

Tropical:
Must be near vines.
Requires a JUNGLE type biome.

Wintry:
Must be near lots of snow (natural snow, not the blocks that you make out of snowballs).
Requires a FROZEN type biome.

Marshy:
Must be near mushrooms (brown or red will work).
Requires a SWAMP type biome.

Ender:
Must be near end stone, and lots of it.
Requires a END type biome.
Is naturally more difficult to lure than the other species.
Water:
Must be near lots of water.
Must be exactly ONE block below the surface of the water.
Must be near lily pads.
Requires a WATER type biome.

Rocky:
Must NOT be allowed to see the sky.
Must be near smooth stone, and lots of it.
Can spawn in ANY biome.

Embittered:
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Must be near nether wart.
Requires a NETHER type biome.

Mystical:
Requires a FOREST type biome.

Sorcerous:
Requires a DESERT type biome.

Unusual:
Requires a JUNGLE type biome.

Attuned:
Must be near the void below the world.
Requires a MOUNTAIN type biome.

Oblivion:
Must be near lots of end stone.
Requires a END type biome.

Infernal:
Must be near the void below the world.
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Requires a NETHER type biome.

Reactions: Methusalem

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Want to get above the Nether's bedrock ceiling? Maybe looking for a "safe" spot to do some Wither slaying?

Tunnel up until you're right beneath the bedrock. Make a warp page there. Put on a jetpack, turn it on. Use the page in your book. I don't know for sure that the jetpack is required, just know that that particular page didn't pop me up above until after I'd started wearing a jetpack.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Want to get above the Nether's bedrock ceiling? Maybe looking for a "safe" spot to do some Wither slaying?

Tunnel up until you're right beneath the bedrock. Make a warp page there. Put on a jetpack, turn it on. Use the page in your book. I don't know for sure that the jetpack is required, just know that that particular page didn't pop me up above until after I'd started wearing a jetpack.
It is also very easy to spam a couple ender pearls to get through the roof. Since it is only one block thick I am sure you can push yourself through with a piston as well.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm missing something, right?

one of these spells

http://ftbwiki.org/Spell

is secretly awesome and I don't see it?
Several of them are, actually.

Ghast Tear + Zombie Head = teleport up to 30 blocks.

Apprentice Blood Orb + Wither Skull = all mobs in your front arc get smacked.

Ender Pearl + Skeleton Head = teleport to where projectile lands. If it hits a mob, swap locations.

Water Bucket + Zombie Head = six hits of drowning damage, which almost nothing is immune to, handy way to bypass damage immunities.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Solution to the ocelot problem - make thin covers from leaf blocks - put them on the grass in the jungle biome!
I wish I could take credit for this but I saw it in a video from Batch_2 who is doing an LP (and Blood and Bones LP if you like tough packs) it seemed to solve his cat problems!

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Solution to the ocelot problem - make thin covers from leaf blocks - put them on the grass in the jungle biome!
I wish I could take credit for this but I saw it in a video from Batch_2 who is doing an LP (and Blood and Bones LP if you like tough packs) it seemed to solve his cat problems!

That works if you have fancy graphics :p

Maybe with clear glass? For the sucky ckmputer

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019

that's a nice solution, could see that looking really nice, already spent a few million LP to change biomes now so I'll continue on, taking out the swamp biomes at the same time, and it's been fun, but that covers solution will work nicely on the tiny little patches I may find when I'm done.

That works if you have fancy graphics :p

Maybe with clear glass? For the sucky ckmputer

Grass block covers maybe too.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwoods could change that biome for you too. My initial base was entirely half-slabbed with most of the hardened clay that made up the house and lots of wood. Kind of important to control where things can spawn in a skyblock.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, speaking of shearing (scythe with silk touch), my rubber trees have brown leaves that won't compost. Anybody care to spare me a clue?

I think that's do to the biom. The leaves should have a different ID you can add them to the config file. Or move.
You might also what to file a bug report.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oh, speaking of shearing (scythe with silk touch), my rubber trees have brown leaves that won't compost. Anybody care to spare me a clue?
Rubber Tree leaves never compost for some reason, it has to be a vanilla leaf block. The color is biome-dependent. Sounds like you're leaking into a desert biome.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Rubber Tree leaves never compost for some reason, it has to be a vanilla leaf block. The color is biome-dependent. Sounds like you're leaking into a desert biome.

Actually rubber tree leaves and saplings were added to composting a few updates back. The dry leave are due to a too dry biome and have no other use besides building blocks and trash. might be able to use them as fuel, but I never tried.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to arrange a quest reward into color ... feedback please?
2014-05-17_01.58.36.png

(the oddball line of wood is rubber and jungle; that seems to be the proper place for that color.)

Jul 29, 2019
Since i haven't posted on here for a long while, I'll post my progress:
*Insert maniacle laugh here*
I will get biofuel from purely seeds and saplings, even if it kills me.
qrTvS3y.png

N8kSV0E.png

Now something everyone will hate me for:
e0jeAdK.png

Yup, not only have i completed the your a wizards steve thing, (3 fully completed now)
but I've also unlocked "The End" Which I havent even looked at yet.
Oh and btw
getting that primal staff thing is such a bitch

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Since i haven't posted on here for a long while, I'll post my progress:
Now something everyone will hate me for:
e0jeAdK.png
With the "Yer a Wizard Steve" quests, I only have 3 left to do: The "Braaaaains" (Angry zombies aren't spawning in often enough), the second-to-last one (the one that required a ton of lamps of fertility, growth as well as golem animation cores) as well as the one after. I should try to complete those. I should probably also do some extra work on my wheat farm so that excess seeds that can't fit into my planter go towards biofuel generation.

Unrelated: I just updated to 2.1.5 (or whatever the most recent version is) and as I am loading my world I get a message saying "Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches" and then "ID 20563 is mismatched between world and game". Is this anything that might cause problems (I've made a backup world) and if it is, anything I can do to fix it?

Last edited:

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Unrelated: I just updated to 2.1.5 (or whatever the most recent version is) and as I am loading my world I get a message saying "Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches" and then "ID 20563 is mismatched between world and game". Is this anything that might cause problems (I've made a backup world) and if it is, anything I can do to fix it?

Should be fine, thats popped up on a coupla updates and never caused a problem, and we have backups just in case.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've decided to try and make a well of suffering next to my dark room which is close to my blood altar to try and create some form of automation (I want to try and create bound armor, or at least one piece so I can have a Sigil of the Green Grove permanently active at all times courtesy of a master blood orb, but I need 4 filled sockets for the armor forge, and I'm assuming those are non-reusable. However, as far as I am aware I only need one piece, so I can simply make bound boots which will require a total of 8 filled sockets. Doesn't change the fact that that's still 240k LP I need to somehow get into my blood altar...)