Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've decided to try and make a well of suffering next to my dark room which is close to my blood altar to try and create some form of automation (I want to try and create bound armor, or at least one piece so I can have a Sigil of the Green Grove permanently active at all times courtesy of a master blood orb, but I need 4 filled sockets for the armor forge, and I'm assuming those are non-reusable. However, as far as I am aware I only need one piece, so I can simply make bound boots which will require a total of 8 filled sockets. Doesn't change the fact that that's still 240k LP I need to somehow get into my blood altar...)
How do i make one of those wells of suffering?
And what are people barking on about witches for? Dont they give free LP or summin? Explains please! :D

null123

Mar 27, 2014
How do i make one of those wells of suffering?
And what are people barking on about witches for? Dont they give free LP or summin? Explains please! :D
Well of suffering produces LP from mobs, and damages them while doing so. Witches heal themseleves fast enough (via potions) to not die. Infinite LP

Reactions: Padfoote

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Almost done with the well of suffering. Now all I need to do is gather up the 50k LP needed to activate it. This is going to be painful and is going to take a while...

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Almost done with the well of suffering. Now all I need to do is gather up the 50k LP needed to activate it. This is going to be painful and is going to take a while...

I added a few runes of augmented capacity, made my altar hold 40k LP, fair few runes of sacrifice and a lot of witches and it will handle an archmages blood orb with no probs, be careful of speed runes, they can drain the altar faster than you want it to.

It did something similiar when I updated to 2.1.2.

All my witch water in Nihilo barrels turned to molten electrum. Odd change.

hehe, that is an odd change

Gorrin

Jul 29, 2019
2014-05-17_233036_zpsf277bcf0.png

Trying to get a wintry bee hive. It's in a taiga biome and have gone through around 80 scented hives in various configurations. Hive level with the snow, hive on top of a snow block, hive above a half slab of snow etc. Does anyone have a tips or advice to help me get these accursed hives? Thank you in advance.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've decided to try and make a well of suffering next to my dark room which is close to my blood altar to try and create some form of automation (I want to try and create bound armor, or at least one piece so I can have a Sigil of the Green Grove permanently active at all times courtesy of a master blood orb, but I need 4 filled sockets for the armor forge, and I'm assuming those are non-reusable. However, as far as I am aware I only need one piece, so I can simply make bound boots which will require a total of 8 filled sockets. Doesn't change the fact that that's still 240k LP I need to somehow get into my blood altar...)

The bound armor requires full set for the bonus as far as I know, and believe me, that set is worth the effort. Sigils of air and haste are essentials for it in my opinion, and it's the best armour in this pack by a fair shot.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
The bound armor requires full set for the bonus as far as I know, and believe me, that set is worth the effort. Sigils of air and haste are essentials for it in my opinion, and it's the best armour in this pack by a fair shot.
Really? Well, in that case, let me try to figure out what I need to make it...
I need 24 filled sockets, plus 4 forges, each costing 4 filled sockets. So that's 40 filled sockets I need. Each socket needs 4 weak blood shards, plus I'll need 4 for the armor itself so I can place in sigils. That's...164 weak blood shards. Plus, 30k LP for each socket...30k*40=1.2 million LP...
...any suggestions on how to make LP generation much more effective? I have, as far as I am aware, 6 runes of sacrifice, so...how much LP does the well of suffering give with those? Also, how do I make witches and get them into my dark room AND keep them from despawning, for I've heard those are perfect for the well of suffering. Not counting the LP needed to power the bound blade to get the weak blood shards (Do they only drop from hostile mobs, or can I just kill a small army of chickens to get them?)

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
I need 24 filled sockets, plus 4 forges, each costing 4 filled sockets. So that's 40 filled sockets I need. Each socket needs 4 weak blood shards, plus I'll need 4 for the armor itself so I can place in sigils. That's...164 weak blood shards. Plus, 30k LP for each socket...30k*40=1.2 million LP...
...any suggestions on how to make LP generation much more effective? I have, as far as I am aware, 6 runes of sacrifice, so...how much LP does the well of suffering give with those? Also, how do I make witches and get them into my dark room AND keep them from despawning, for I've heard those are perfect for the well of suffering. Not counting the LP needed to power the bound blade to get the weak blood shards (Do they only drop from hostile mobs, or can I just kill a small army of chickens to get them?)

witches are made by dumping priest villagers in witch water(the purple guys). They do despawn, but I just spawn more with an auto spawner(sometimes I want extras to speed stuff up too, like that ritual of gaia lol), although jailers safari nets do prevent them from despawning.

According to the wiki: Each Rune of Sacrifice increases the yield of rituals / weapons that use non-player blood by 10% (additively).

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

Witch can be made by priest (villager) in witch water (IIRC)

Then jailer safari net or name tags

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I need 24 filled sockets, plus 1 forge, each costing 4 filled sockets. So that's 28 filled sockets I need. Each socket needs 4 weak blood shards, plus I'll need 4 for the armor itself so I can place in sigils. That's...116 weak blood shards. Plus, 30k LP for each socket...30k*40= 840 k LP...
Fixed a little bit forges are reusable

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
the forge keeps being useful too, when you get a few demon blood shards the armours can be upgraded further by breaking them back down in a ritual of unbinding and recrafting em.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
2014-05-17_233036_zpsf277bcf0.png

Trying to get a wintry bee hive. It's in a taiga biome and have gone through around 80 scented hives in various configurations. Hive level with the snow, hive on top of a snow block, hive above a half slab of snow etc. Does anyone have a tips or advice to help me get these accursed hives? Thank you in advance.

Place a hive in the center of a 5x5x5 of snow blocks/ice blocks. Allow sky light as necessary.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Are biome gens unique to the world when you load it for the first time in AS? i.e. Does it create a new world which consists of the platform/home, or is it already "created" such that biomes will be the same for everybody.

If this is the case, the flatworld spawns on a tundra.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Are biome gens unique to the world when you load it for the first time in AS? i.e. Does it create a new world which consists of the platform/home, or is it already "created" such that biomes will be the same for everybody.

If this is the case, the flatworld spawns on a tundra.
already created