Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the book needs updating, on the blood magic quests it's saying "knife" instead of "orb"

So, who's got the good guide on how to get this sacrifice rune from the quest to work with my mob farm?

... and why is leather armor from string a big deal? I just made the jetpack that used iron armor rather then the earlier stages...
Its due to censoring(for ease in creating youtube content and just make it easier on the squeamish) in the pack its called orb

The sacrifice rune is used to upgrade your altar, more info can be found here: http://ftbwiki.org/Blood_Altar

And its merely because scarcity of food early on makes taking damage a big pain and armor equals less damage to heal so hunger takes less penalties.

Last edited:

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
30lkk01.png
Both fluiducts out of the fluid transposer are through yellow squares which I've read is fluid output.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
30lkk01.png
Both fluiducts out of the fluid transposer are through yellow squares which I've read is fluid output.

Output from the magma crucible, not the fluid transposer, the transposer is not needed and I think it doesn't have an output for fluids.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Output from the magma crucible, not the fluid transposer, the transposer is not needed and I think it doesn't have an output for fluids.
Seriously? Well, that means I have a whole bunch of destabilized redstone in the fluid transposer. I guess I can make some fluxed electrum with it...

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? Well, that means I have a whole bunch of destabilized redstone in the fluid transposer. I guess I can make some fluxed electrum with it...
Or fill a portable tank or buckets in it and dump it in that openblocks tank, not a problem. Portable tanks are usually the best bet to get out every last drop.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid transposer can both extract and input fluids into containers, and since it looks like he is doing the destabilised redstone quest, the fluid transposer is as said not needed

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Are the machines properly set to output towards the pipes? I dont think I can see a blue/orange indicator where the pipes connects to the machine,

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is also a venting thread I would just love to say I'm totally sick of fricking ocelots, as soon as you turf a jungle area no other passive mob will spawn coz of those damn things, granted the spawns are so insane you can fuel a Well of Suffering with the freaking things but still, so annoying, I have Golems hunting them on sight, well of suffering killing tons and I'm still freaking ankle deep in ocelots.

Time to go T5 Blood Altar and get biome changing I guess, would love those jungle areas to be a bit further out so you could avoid them.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is also a venting thread I would just love to say I'm totally sick of fricking ocelots, as soon as you turf a jungle area no other passive mob will spawn coz of those damn things, granted the spawns are so insane you can fuel a Well of Suffering with the freaking things but still, so annoying, I have Golems hunting them on sight, well of suffering killing tons and I'm still freaking ankle deep in ocelots.

Time to go T5 Blood Altar and get biome changing I guess, would love those jungle areas to be a bit further out so you could avoid them.
This.
The ocelots have overrun my island. I've killed all of them several times using Opis and they won't go away. Even my friend who is a lover of the things is fed up with them.

Reactions: Crumbology

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019

I have a massive greenhouse in a jungle for tree breeding..........
A well lit massive grass area
The amount of ocelots there are insane :D

Reactions: Crumbology

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I started getting the ocelots when I decided I wanted grass in my tree farm which happened to be in a jungle. Luckily I have all the other mobs spawning except chickens. Wierd thing is, I never see the other mobs spawn, but I will be walking elsewhere and run into a mob that wasn't there before.

I think the ocelots ate running some kind of smuggling ring and trying to take over my base.

Reactions: Wagon153

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is that the problem is with vanilla, I set up shop on a server on a junction of a few biomes and the ocelots took over everything there too. I suppose I could easily magical forest up those areas, the other options are makes it a giant lake, which I already did to get rid of swampy ugliness, halfslabs, which would totally ruin the look of my island or Blood Magic terraforming, which I may do, just because I never have :)

I don't want them to totally stop spawning, I do get free LP from them after all, I just wanna contain it, can you limit the spawns with openblocks or just totally disable it, mob cap would be nice.

edit- nvm i see in the configs is a disable.

Last edited:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019

And this is why my tree farm is in a swamp biome.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... so don't go into the jungle until after I get my other passives. ... Except that I'll want my pet kitties for creeper control. ... decisions ...

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019

I used to have a horrid ocelot problem. Then I planted a silverwood forest and the problem magically went away.

Edit: saw in a later post that you already considered this. Oops.

Reactions: netmc

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty sure their is a cap for passive mobs

I have my island invaded with cows (don't ask why) and not a single ocelot spawned yet (i have about 3 stacks of grass in a jungle biome)