Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
As for ghost points, it is written about somewhere, I just don't have a clue where that is. Might as well call on the local TC expert. *pokes @Succubism *
Ghost what?

I think you guys seriously overestimate my involvement with TC after 4.1. Put it this way, until my ass gets up and touches the wiki? I'm pretty much out of touch with TC as many of the TC bandwagon are now.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Ghost what?

I think you guys seriously overestimate my involvement with TC after 4.1. Put it this way, until my ass gets up and touches the wiki? I'm pretty much out of touch with TC as many of the TC bandwagon are now.
That was a feature from 4.0 that was kept into 4.1. I am surprised that you didn't know as I am fairly certain it was discussed multiple times in your thread.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So...supposedly it's possible to finish the map without going to the nether. However, I'm at a point where I need infernal bees (for molten combs), and I have no clue how to get them without going to the nether. Looking at the requirements to get them in artificial hives, it says:

Infernal:
Must NOT be allowed to see the sky.
Must be near the void below the world.
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Requires a NETHER type biome.
Is naturally more difficult to lure than the other species.

So far as I know, there are no nether type biomes in the overworld. Is it possible to get one with one of the biome changing mods?

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
So...supposedly it's possible to finish the map without going to the nether. However, I'm at a point where I need infernal bees (for molten combs), and I have no clue how to get them without going to the nether. Looking at the requirements to get them in artificial hives, it says:

Infernal:
Must NOT be allowed to see the sky.
Must be near the void below the world.
Must be near lots of netherrack.
Requires a NETHER type biome.
Is naturally more difficult to lure than the other species.

So far as I know, there are no nether type biomes in the overworld. Is it possible to get one with one of the biome changing mods?

I'm guessing something that changed biomes ought to do it, but you can get infernal hives from a reward bag.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, squids. I've gone and made a pool of water, 1 deep, 3 chunks by 3 chunks...

been down here for an hour...

does it need to be 2 deep instead?

definitely needs to be 2 deep. It doesn't need to be particularly big, mine is only 9x9 or something, but I suspect that something smaller would still work. I seem to remember DW and Pahimar seeing them in the 1x1 waterfall on the home sweet home map.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, squids. I've gone and made a pool of water, 1 deep, 3 chunks by 3 chunks...

been down here for an hour...

does it need to be 2 deep instead?
You can make a spawn egg with some fishing poles and an egg. Make a 3x1 house for him, stick a name tag on him (I call mine Bob), and plop down a Rancher in front of him. You'll never want for ink again.

theomni

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get pollen from trees? I've been able to breed trees by just planting them next to each other and harvesting the mutation, but I need the pollen for the quest and it would be easier to use it in the gendustry stuff anyways. So any sort of guide I'm finding is all about the breeding and doesn't really mention the pollen. Based on what I was able to find I made an alveary with an alveary sieve in it (bottom layer 9 alveary blocks, middle 7 alveary, sieve and lighting upgrade. It breeds bees and brings up the GUI so I assume it's built correctly), put a woven silk in there and some bees (just normal forest bees, I know they're slow, but I was expecting something by now) then planted a bunch of trees next to it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get pollen from trees? I've been able to breed trees by just planting them next to each other and harvesting the mutation, but I need the pollen for the quest and it would be easier to use it in the gendustry stuff anyways. So any sort of guide I'm finding is all about the breeding and doesn't really mention the pollen. Based on what I was able to find I made an alveary with an alveary sieve in it (bottom layer 9 alveary blocks, middle 7 alveary, sieve and lighting upgrade. It breeds bees and brings up the GUI so I assume it's built correctly), put a woven silk in there and some bees (just normal forest bees, I know they're slow, but I was expecting something by now) then planted a bunch of trees next to it, but it doesn't seem to be working.
You'll want to use the Gendustry Industrial Apiary with the Sieve upgrade. You'll also want maximum pollination bees. Jaded and Aer have the trait off the top of my head. Pollen will show up in production slots at about the same rate leaves would change to other breeds. Plop the pollen into an Advanced Mutatron, add the appropriate sapling, collect new species.

[ShamelessPlug] Watch today's episode (53), I cover tree pollen and using it with Gendustry![/ShamelessPlug]

theomni

Jul 29, 2019
You'll want to use the Gendustry Industrial Apiary with the Sieve upgrade. You'll also want maximum pollination bees. Jaded and Aer have the trait off the top of my head. Pollen will show up in production slots at about the same rate leaves would change to other breeds. Plop the pollen into an Advanced Mutatron, add the appropriate sapling, collect new species.

[ShamelessPlug] Watch today's episode (53), I cover tree pollen and using it with Gendustry![/ShamelessPlug]

Thanks. After my post I made some Jadeds and put them in my previously constructed Alveary and also set up a new spot with an industrial apiary. The industrial does seem to be working, so I'll definitely go with that. But the Alveary hasn't produced anything yet. Is it really supposed to be that slow? With the forest bees I got a full stack of combs and zero pollen. That doesn't seem right.

Oh, would you happen to know if the Production Upgrade effects the pollen produced by the Sieve Upgrade?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. After my post I made some Jadeds and put them in my previously constructed Alveary and also set up a new spot with an industrial apiary. The industrial does seem to be working, so I'll definitely go with that. But the Alveary hasn't produced anything yet. Is it really supposed to be that slow? With the forest bees I got a full stack of combs and zero pollen. That doesn't seem right.

Oh, would you happen to know if the Production Upgrade effects the pollen produced by the Sieve Upgrade?
I don't think production upgrades effect pollen, but I have nothing to back that up other than a feeling they shouldn't.

The Alveary Sieve really is that slow in my experience.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you that haven't upgraded to 2.1.4 yet. You will want to break and replace the high oven controller if you have one. The save may perma-crash after a bit if you don't do that.

Make sure to leave the high oven incomplete for a few seconds... Long enough for it to realize that there is no high oven anymore. 10 seconds should do.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Alveary Sieve?
Its a part of the "alveary" multiblock apiary, it's also a sieve upgrade in the industrial apiary.
What it does is catch pollen that otherwise would have been pollinated into other trees collect into the beehive, giving higher control of what breeds with what by having you manually place the pollen on chosen occasion.

Also to note, I did some testing and forest density(read amount of leaf blocks)inside the bees territory highly affect pollen amount, too large a territory can have adverse affects having the code "miss" leaf blocks. The more trees the better IMO

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Its a part of the "alveary" multiblock apiary, it's also a sieve upgrade in the industrial apiary.
What it does is catch pollen that otherwise would have been pollinated into other trees collect into the beehive, giving higher control of what breeds with what by having you manually place the pollen on chosen occasion.

Also to note, I did some testing and forest density(read amount of leaf blocks)inside the bees territory highly affect pollen amount, too large a territory can have adverse affects having the code "miss" leaf blocks. The more trees the better IMO
Ah...
Ofc. I thought Id missed out on a biiiig Ex Aliqou Thing. ;)