Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

swifter24t

Jul 29, 2019
OMG, So stupid, thanks for this i forgot i need to set that thing up in the nether! :p

Edit: another question: Something to slow down mobs from falling, when its not water (cuz its endermen aswell)
Cobwebs work wonders as well.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
The wither boss. How did you go about fighting him? Too keep him from dropping u into the void.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I want to automate my Smeltery with AE, is there a guide for that?

I did it with a mix of TE and AE. You can use two smelteries to do all of the metals, separate them to avoid alloys and there are 9 in total. I have them piping to 9 casting basins that have white listed molten metals, so one for each. Then an AE Import Bus to pull out the completed block of metal.

The only issue that I have with it is that on loading the world, I need to remove and replace a TE Pipe which breaks over a chunk boundary.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
@bilbo You fight him in the nether. No danger of falling into the void, but there is lava to watch out for. Alternativly, you can quaff a potion of flight when you go fight him.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
With the introduction of the Warp Book mod into the modpack, you really only need to make a Nether Portal once. Warp Book and pages are incredibly cheap. Set one page to your Home base and once you are in the Nether, set another page to any place you want to spawn in the Nether. Now just break your portal and use the Warp Book to go back and forth. The Warp Book also is a cheap way of getting out of a fight that your are losing. If you are playing Single Player, when you open the Warp Book it pauses the game. This can allow you to escape a Hell Fish attack right before you die. You can also use this to warp back up to your base if you accidentally fall off your platform if you have it in your hot bar and are fast enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1397833756][/DOUBLEPOST]

I see no warp book in nei. Is it called another name?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
OMG, So stupid, thanks for this i forgot i need to set that thing up in the nether! :p

Edit: another question: Something to slow down mobs from falling, when its not water (cuz its endermen aswell)

Witch water if you dont mind mobs having more drops.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Witch water if you dont mind mobs having more drops.

Although endermen dropping through a single block deep of witch water will not cause endermen to teleport 99% of the time, there is still that 1% of the time that will end up with you crawling in endermen around your map tearing your dirt and grass up and generally being a nuisance and possibly killing you. Best option is to use cobwebs to negate fall damage.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose the Magnetic Personality quest requires 8 level 8 mysterious magnets? Hasn't excepted 1-6.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Where am I derping? The gravel refuses to go into my Activators
NzNi4k0

Attached the image just because the image didn't work for me.

Attachments

• 2014-04-21_15.24.24.png
    2014-04-21_15.24.24.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 140

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Where am I derping? The gravel refuses to go into my Activators
NzNi4k0

Attached the image just because the image didn't work for me.

Lever needs to go back a block so it's under the itemduct, that or insert a Servo into the itemduct output.