Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure that the activators have the blue input (configuable in their inventory) where the itemduct is or they wont accept items.
Done this myself a lot.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Lever needs to go back a block so it's under the itemduct, that or insert a Servo into the itemduct output.
It wasn't that, all my levers work like this elsewhere. It was that I hadn't set up my activators to receive from that side of the block...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The barrel appears to be locked so nothing can go in or get out.

That lock doesn't mean stuff can't go in or out it means the barrel is locked to the item which it has in it, in this case cobblestone. When you completely empty a locked barrel it will retain the cobblestone only in this barrel cos of the lock.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Although endermen dropping through a single block deep of witch water will not cause endermen to teleport 99% of the time, there is still that 1% of the time that will end up with you crawling in endermen around your map tearing your dirt and grass up and generally being a nuisance and possibly killing you. Best option is to use cobwebs to negate fall damage.

I'm confused, why would one want to negate fall damage? Is there a bonus to killing mobs at full health?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused, why would one want to negate fall damage? Is there a bonus to killing mobs at full health?

If your mob farm has areas that are above instant kill fall height and you want to use an MfR grinder to harvest the mob essence you need them to survive the drop :p

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
OK, two Hells Kitchen quests done (a Melon farm is a good way to get vinegar), but I'm approaching the lettuce one, I don't have lettuce seeds, is this a derp? I'm on 1.0.10 in the FTB launcher so should I update? Even if nothing else, it will mean that I actually get epic loot out of the reward bags rather than jerky.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
OK, two Hells Kitchen quests done (a Melon farm is a good way to get vinegar), but I'm approaching the lettuce one, I don't have lettuce seeds, is this a derp? I'm on 1.0.10 in the FTB launcher so should I update? Even if nothing else, it will mean that I actually get epic loot out of the reward bags rather than jerky.

Bonemeal grass and break it is one way to get lettuce seed (but their is a reward bag giving some)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
There is a quest that requires a bamboo shoot seed. Before you burn through stack after stack of bonemeal thinking the RNG is beating you up you might want to change this line in pamharvestcraft:

B:bambooshootseeddropfromgrass=false

grrrrrrrr.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
There is a quest that requires a bamboo shoot seed. Before you burn through stack after stack of bonemeal thinking the RNG is beating you up you might want to change this line in pamharvestcraft:

B:bambooshootseeddropfromgrass=false

grrrrrrrr.

Maybe there is a reason it's off? Another way to get it?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

It is off by default for harvestcraft. If there is another way to get it is added by something other than harvestcraft as unlike other seeds in the mod you cannot craft bamboo shoots into seeds. You're not meant to be able to cultivate bamboo shoots.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get thaumcraft shards? According to the ex aquilo faq, you can break obsidian and tall grass with a hammer to get some. That doesn't work with this pack however.

Also, the first magic quest reward gives a wand as part of the reward for turning in a thauminomicon. However, you need a wand for making it, so it looks like you end up with 2 wands.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Dirt/grass blocks, not tall grass. No idea about the obsidian though.

Other blocks are double-sandstone slabs, ice, netherrack, and TNT.

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get thaumcraft shards? According to the ex aquilo faq, you can break obsidian and tall grass with a hammer to get some. That doesn't work with this pack however.

Also, the first magic quest reward gives a wand as part of the reward for turning in a thauminomicon. However, you need a wand for making it, so it looks like you end up with 2 wands.
Obsidian works fine! It's not 100%, but definately possible. Tall Grass is wrong, it's The Grass Block, also Works.

And yep you end up with 2 wands

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
The wand it gives has all of its aspects fully charged so it isn't completely pointless.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an efficient way to get sulfur in Agrarian skies (other than quarrying the nether?).

To make blazing pyrotheum one needs redstone (from sifting dust), coal powder (from sifting gravel), blaze powder (from grinding rods from a mob farm with blaze spawner or from sifting dust) and sulfur - which (according to NEI) is derived as a low drop rate item from pulverizing coal or blaze rods. Both options leave me with way more pulverized coal or blaze powder than even JadedCat seems to have a use for.

The wand it gives has all of its aspects fully charged so it isn't completely pointless.

Turning your mob grinder off for a bit, and manually whacking mobs in the knees with a saucepan fills a wand up really quick. Creepers even drop fire essence orbs so its a full fill.

---

Oh. and Big Reactors? Nice. But where to get uranium? Netherores?

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Oops... :oops:[DOUBLEPOST=1398154216][/DOUBLEPOST]

I give you one free completly charged wand. Up to you to refill it.[DOUBLEPOST=1398154255][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there an efficient way to get sulfur in Agrarian skies (other than quarrying the nether?).

To make blazing pyrotheum one needs redstone (from sifting dust), coal powder (from sifting gravel), blaze powder (from grinding rods from a mob farm with blaze spawner or from sifting dust) and sulfur - which (according to NEI) is derived as a low drop rate item from pulverizing coal or blaze rods. Both options leave me with way more pulverized coal or blaze powder than even JadedCat seems to have a use for.

Turning your mob grinder off for a bit, and manually whacking mobs in the knees with a saucepan fills a wand up really quick. Creepers even drop fire essence orbs so its a full fill.

---

Oh. and Big Reactors? Nice. But where to get uranium? Netherores?

Nether Ores, Mining Laser or craft yellorium using the recipe in NEI.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

I just got a random quest reward that included 8 creative mode nodes. And silverwood saplings. whoot.

Now, what if one of them spawns as a hungry node...I guess - to be paranoid - Ill have to build an obsidian cage to spawn them inside of, and take it down when they are proven to be safe...

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
You can get a Thaumium capped Silverwood wand (and a Focus of Equal Trade) from a reward bag if your lucky.