Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to use TE transport across chunk boundaries without it eventually screwing up. I'm not talking about with ex nihilo blocks, I'm talking about with staple mods like MFR, Thaumcraft, and TE's own machines. Ripping it all out and replacing it with AE. Takes more power to run but when it messes up I can fix it by simply break/replace one block---the controller---instead of playing hunt the TE duct, crash the server removing the problem duct, restart, etc.

Very frustrating for what I used to consider one of the most dependable mods around. First the hidden heat block problems in the early 1.6.x packs and now this.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I can't seem to use TE transport across chunk boundaries without it eventually screwing up. I'm not talking about with ex nihilo blocks, I'm talking about with staple mods like MFR, Thaumcraft, and TE's own machines. Ripping it all out and replacing it with AE. Takes more power to run but when it messes up I can fix it by simply break/replace one block---the controller---instead of playing hunt the TE duct, crash the server removing the problem duct, restart, etc.

Very frustrating for what I used to consider one of the most dependable mods around. First the hidden heat block problems in the early 1.6.x packs and now this.

That's due to TE relying on FMP for the time being.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble with the warp book. I can make the pages and even use them. It is amazing. Except anytime I go to or from the nether it breaks my automations back at my base. Specifically my entire AE system decides it doesn't have any power (apparently the 12k reactor isn't enough) and my item ducts start spitting out items into my inventory. There are some other wacky things that happen, but these 2 were repeatable. For now I have decided to not use it at all unless I fall into the void or something. Any suggestions?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble with the warp book. I can make the pages and even use them. It is amazing. Except anytime I go to or from the nether it breaks my automations back at my base. Specifically my entire AE system decides it doesn't have any power (apparently the 12k reactor isn't enough) and my item ducts start spitting out items into my inventory. There are some other wacky things that happen, but these 2 were repeatable. For now I have decided to not use it at all unless I fall into the void or something. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you need to chunk load your base.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Things like that only work when the chunk it is present in is loaded. Unloaded chunks pause things. Normally they're only loaded in the presence of a player, but you can put down a chunk loading block to force this to happen. Good idea to do this for your automations

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh...I just had the stupidest death ever. Been messing around with blood magic, got my bound sword, enchanted it with Sharpness V and Looting III, went over to my mob farm to get some blood shards. So, I've been using a cleaver to manually kill mobs to recharge wands, and never had any issues. Started killing things with the bound sword, had maybe a quarter of them cleared out, and I suddenly died. Looking at the log...I starved to death. With ~16 tacos on my hot bar.

But I've got my Tier 4 Blood Altar with Regen and Feathered Knife along with 56 Runes of Self-Sacrifice. :) (I'll make another sacrifice altar later, most likely...Just was too much of a pain to deal with sacrifice before I got to tier 4 and could put together the Well of Suffering.)

One thing that I find a bit frustrating is that when you have more hearts, you hit the various injured/hurt/dying limits earlier. I'm at a point where I have 26 hearts of health, but that means I'm dying (along with the debuffs) whenever I'm below 6 hearts. Would be nice if it wasn't (apparently) percentage based.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Make a 1x1x1 pool of water with a dirt block on the bottom. Right-click with a crook until you snag a lily pad. It will probably take a few clicks, so just hold down the button.
Where did you find that documented?

===

What is the easiest way to convert the vanilla saplings to forestry genome variants?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Do bees not spread flowers? I've tried meadows, cultivated and Jaded ('natch), in plains and river biomes and no flowers after many generations. Is this disabled, or am I missing something?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Do bees not spread flowers? I've tried meadows, cultivated and Jaded ('natch), in plains and river biomes and no flowers after many generations. Is this disabled, or am I missing something?

I'm getting flowers, but slowly.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
the summoning circle for blood magic. Do you have to build the whole thing to use it? If i only want to use the first circle can i just build that part?

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what changes the 2.1.3 update involves other than Simple Jetpacks.
I know it is considered an unstable and I know what needs to be changed in the config, if I get issues.

But I have not been able to locate a changelog for it.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
When setting up an infusion altar in Thaumcraft, do you have to have the symmetrical stabilizers up before right-clicking the structure to complete it, or can they be placed after the multi-block structure's made?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
When setting up an infusion altar in Thaumcraft, do you have to have the symmetrical stabilizers up before right-clicking the structure to complete it, or can they be placed after the multi-block structure's made?
The stabilizers are for the infusions you perform, not for creating the altar. so after

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019

IIRC it looks for the symmetri each time you start infusing.

You can upgrade it whenever you want, it does not only look at it when it is created

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, good. Thanks. That means I can make the altar safely and worry about the stabilizers after, when I'll start setting up my first infusions.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
I did when I made it, but didn't give it. And I have yet to get that research either, guessing I need all of the focuses first. I've run out of ordo, so I haven't done a bunch of it yet.
Make a primal charm, keep it in your inventory. It wioLl eventually unlock