Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
This is a venting thread, right? Well, I started a new AS world (CL isn't my style and ME3 even less so) and the first four reward bags I got were a fireworks display, two (!) sets of Forestry stained glass and a set of colored bricks. Boo. At least I could temporarily use some bricks to make a safe cobble generator without having to sift more dirt, but this was less than impressive.

I wonder if there will be a new iteration of this pack. Maybe even an 1.7 version. I really like it, but a few mods could use an update.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed one that was added that wasn't there when I tried in the 2.0 versions, the autopackager. "forest barber" But not part of forestry, so a stand alone mod, alrighty... maybe it'll get intergrated eventually...

Though, did anybody notice... If you actualy use it, limestone becomes limestone bricks, and there's no way to backconvert them. Maybe I'll request a puliver recipie...
well you just have to be careful with what you send for it to package.
it's quite useful to autocraft ore gravels/sands/dusts to reduce load on smeltery. you could also autocraft storage blocks and other things like that with minimum space required.

pro tip. never supply chest for packager via directly connected vacuum hopper, because vacuum hopper tends to not always put stackable items into the same slot, which may cause packager to jam, because it can't find enough items in one slot for 2x2 or 3x3 recipe.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

pro tip. never supply chest for packager via directly connected vacuum hopper, because vacuum hopper tends to not always put stackable items into the same slot, which may cause packager to jam, because it can't find enough items in one slot for 2x2 or 3x3 recipe.

Can you expand on that - I've suffered from that problem - how did you solve it?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The autopackager is a central element in my resource production, since it can craft all those ore pieces into blocks. I pull out the limestone before it can be packed.[DOUBLEPOST=1413454280,1413298884][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anyone have a list of all items that can be composted into dirt? I don't want to waste anything and the dirt quest was one of the more annoying ones to finish since I had to mine it by hand from what my Ender Quarry left behind. Even with a Bound Shovel, 600k dirt takes a while.

So far I have set up dirt production with:
*Saplings and leaves from the tree types I need anyway.
*Rotten flesh
*String
*Blood Saplings (can't use the leaves since I won't get Redstone then)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Here ya go-

Tree Saplings, Leaves, Rotten Flesh, Spider Eyes, Wheat, Bread, Dandelions, Roses, Brown Mushrooms, Red Mushrooms, Apples, Carrots, Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Poison Potatoes, Pumpkins, Jack-o-lanterns, Pumpkin Pie, Melons, Melon Slices, Cactus, Lily pads, Vines, Sugar Cane, Tall Grass, Nether Wart, Pork (raw and cooked), Beef (raw and cooked), Chicken (raw and cooked), Eggs, Fish (raw and cooked), silkworms (raw and cooked), String

Personally once you get a good mob farm set up (cursed soil *cough) rotten flesh can really do a lot for you. But also any large automated farm. Potatoes are my go to for that.

Dazzler

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Is there anyway other than going to the nether to create titanium? I have the magnesium but can't work out any other way to get the Impure titanium. Any help would be gratefully received as its driving me mad trying to get the 3rd tier upgrades.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, Is there anyway other than going to the nether to create titanium? I have the magnesium but can't work out any other way to get the Impure titanium. Any help would be gratefully received as its driving me mad trying to get the 3rd tier upgrades.
i think the only other way is mining laser. can't say which focus though.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

If I remember correctly you need to sieve sand to get limestone then sieve the limestone to get rutile. The rutile then can be turned into impure titanium.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly you need to sieve sand to get limestone then sieve the limestone to get rutile. The rutile then can be turned into impure titanium.
Which is how it is suppose to work. Not necessarily the way that you are able to get it to work though. Because sieving won't work on limestone, IIRC. Not even pounding it or melting it. :( Do the laser, that at least does work. Really well.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Here ya go-

Tree Saplings, Leaves, Rotten Flesh, Spider Eyes, Wheat, Bread, Dandelions, Roses, Brown Mushrooms, Red Mushrooms, Apples, Carrots, Potatoes, Baked Potatoes, Poison Potatoes, Pumpkins, Jack-o-lanterns, Pumpkin Pie, Melons, Melon Slices, Cactus, Lily pads, Vines, Sugar Cane, Tall Grass, Nether Wart, Pork (raw and cooked), Beef (raw and cooked), Chicken (raw and cooked), Eggs, Fish (raw and cooked), silkworms (raw and cooked), String

Personally once you get a good mob farm set up (cursed soil *cough) rotten flesh can really do a lot for you. But also any large automated farm. Potatoes are my go to for that.
Wow,that's rather more than I expected. Thanks. I guess I'll set up 48 oak barrels now... potatoes and carrots have the highest yield, and my Fertilized wheat farm produces so much more than I can store that I've already configured my waste disposal bus to accept surplus wheat.

As for the rotten flesh. I have a sizeable mob farm but the yield is not enough for more than two oak barrels. And regarding the Cursed Earth spawner, I'm not ready to fight the Wither yet, the upgraded bound armor I need for that is still a few sessions away.

johnnypebs

Jul 29, 2019
There was, somewhere in this thread, a cheat sheet of sorts with what biomes would attract which bees to scented hives, but my search fu is weak and I can't find it. Rather than slogging through 203 pages, anyone know what bees (if any) I might be able to attract in a Magical Forest and what flowers would need to be near the hive?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
There was, somewhere in this thread, a cheat sheet of sorts with what biomes would attract which bees to scented hives, but my search fu is weak and I can't find it. Rather than slogging through 203 pages, anyone know what bees (if any) I might be able to attract in a Magical Forest and what flowers would need to be near the hive?
You can find a list here: http://ftbwiki.org/Scented_Artificial_Hive

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Okay, I'm looking at quests, and trying to figure out convenient closed systems...

Nitor isn't hard to make. Sand into sandstone, pulverize into sand and sometimes nitor, and craft back into sandstone.

Sulfur isn't easy. Sift for coal, or sift for redstone & make netherrack, pulverize. You get some sulfur, and (coal/netherrack) dust.

I can't find anything sane to use either of those. I'm honestly reluctant to build up automation that just makes a garbage product.
Niter (Nitor is the Thaumcraft stuff) can be used to make cryotheum dust and gelid cryotheum, which you may want to use if you're building a reactor. You'll also need it for a quest. The easiest way to get sulfur is as a 50% byproduct of pulverizing blaze rods, and you'll use it to make pyrotheum dust, which you will need for a quest, and to make fluxed electrum ingots and enderium, which in turn are used extensively by Blood Magic.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I don't know what your problem is. The TE version in Agrarian Skies can make liquefacted coal from pulverized coal, and IIRC, there's some engine that can use it to generate power. Pulverizing Netherrack doesn't give you dust but Nether Brick. Granted, there aren't many uses for those but you can always use them to make singularities - eventually you might want to extend your ME network into the Nether. Also, if you use blaze rods as a source, you'll have a 50% chance of getting sulfur, which is about three times faster than with any other source, and while you can't avoid creating "waste" anyway, you can optimize your production to create less of it. Unless a different process can get me stuff I desperately need more of (such as dirt, always dirt), I don't usually care about that since you'll have a lot of things you're going to throw away anyway.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm looking at quests, and trying to figure out convenient closed systems...
Sulfur isn't easy. Sift for coal, or sift for redstone & make netherrack, pulverize. You get some sulfur, and (coal/netherrack) dust.

As was mentioned, one of the dynamos runs fairly cheaply off of liquified coal and water. Don't know about the nether stuff though.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Cool, it wasn't showing in NEI for me, or perhaps I just failed completely at seeing it. Thanks. I thought it wasn't in until 1.7.

Edit: And I also forgot about the reactant dyanmo. Blaze powder and mob escence.... HOY...
Yeah, that's one easy to overlook. In normal games, Blaze Powder is so rare that using it for fuel is the last thing you think of.

Meanwhile, does anyone have a good use for arrows?