Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, because you obtain your pollen from the hive output, so where you pick up the combs, drones, and princesses.
So you add the sieve upgrade to an industrial apiary (I think it's called, the gendustry apiary)

Got it all working and got my Blue Mahoe! Thanks so much for your help!!! =D

Now I just gotta get my dang Monastic bees producing princeses.... Can't seem to get the gene for it!

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
^^_^^ awesome Mechman, very glad to hear that!

As for the Monastic bees, if I remember correctly they make only one drone when the Queen dies?
I would try to put in the maximum fertility trait on one breeding pair (one princess and one drone) and let those cycle a little while.
You can change bee traits with the Extra Bees machines from Binnie's mod which is fairly involved or with Gendustry machines (though I have yet to learn how with this last system).

Reactions: Mechman007

starsongky

Jul 29, 2019
I just need lots and lots of water. I was looking toward AE for filling my high ovens to create steam, and while it can do that perfectly fine, the cost of getting water into the AE system isn't worth it. It is power positive, but by the time you import, then export all the water, it severely cuts into my power generation. It was adding about 900RF/tick for water input, then another 300RF/tick for the water output. I never realized the fluid interfaces were so expensive to run for water intake. The interfaces cost 3 times what it costs for using an export bus directly (in full bucket mode). That was using over 1/2 my steam production. I've switched over to spamming AA's and scorched ducts everywhere to move things fast enough. I'm up to about 55 buckets of steam every 60 ticks. Not quite as fast as 60 buckets in 45 ticks with AE, but a hell of a lot cheaper to run.

Set up a 3x1 pond with an aqueous accumulator in the middle, put an Open Blocks tank on top and the accumulator constantly fills it. Then run a fluiduct from the tank wherever you need it. Should pump fast enough to keep up.

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get a division sigil (it says dungeon chests) in agrarian skies- Do I need to search nether fortresses or is there another way? Also, what are the consequences of activating it with the ritual?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
2 questions.

There's a mod pack update, is it safe to upgrade with an existing world in progress? It's a major number change, so a bit iffy.

Secondly, I never chose the blue slime bucket, so getting the blue slime seems to be an issue, with the occasional blue slime ball from harvesting slime trees. Is there any more efficient way of gaining blue slime? NEI seems to indicate just sieving slimy mud, which is a bit, meh.

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
Question
2 questions.

There's a mod pack update, is it safe to upgrade with an existing world in progress? It's a major number change, so a bit iffy.

Secondly, I never chose the blue slime bucket, so getting the blue slime seems to be an issue, with the occasional blue slime ball from harvesting slime trees. Is there any more efficient way of gaining blue slime? NEI seems to indicate just sieving slimy mud, which is a bit, meh.

Backup your world, it should be fairly safe- just report any bugs on the forums however if you come across them and restore from back up if it's a big problem!

Search up for the youtube GenerikB- watch his most recent Agrarian Skies video (most recent from the date I posted this) and watch how he does the slime with golems- blue slime is the slowest however he's looking at doing it this way + the sifting slimy mud way (Because he can get that stuff easily doing it this way). Give it a watch! :) (i'll send link if you really need)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a 3x1 pond with an aqueous accumulator in the middle, put an Open Blocks tank on top and the accumulator constantly fills it. Then run a fluiduct from the tank wherever you need it. Should pump fast enough to keep up.
Sorry bro, but if you read the post you quoted, you'll find that he's already using multiple AA's to fulfill his water order, meaning that just one will not be sufficient.

There are many cases where just one AA isn't sufficient in big builds that tend to be done

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Question

Backup your world, it should be fairly safe- just report any bugs on the forums however if you come across them and restore from back up if it's a big problem!

Search up for the youtube GenerikB- watch his most recent Agrarian Skies video (most recent from the date I posted this) and watch how he does the slime with golems- blue slime is the slowest however he's looking at doing it this way + the sifting slimy mud way (Because he can get that stuff easily doing it this way). Give it a watch! :) (i'll send link if you really need)
Hmm, Golems. Bit of an issue there for me. Need a silk touch tool for grass for shards, which I don't think I have (will have to check), so that means making steel for advanced Tinker Tools, which I haven't touched yet or trying my luck with enchanting. After that, all the research to get a golem.
Oh well, I'll keep doing things manually for now while I'm getting other stuff done.

Wishing I had that slime bucket now... :p

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Hmm, Golems. Bit of an issue there for me. Need a silk touch tool for grass for shards, which I don't think I have (will have to check), so that means making steel for advanced Tinker Tools, which I haven't touched yet or trying my luck with enchanting. After that, all the research to get a golem.
Oh well, I'll keep doing things manually for now while I'm getting other stuff done.

Wishing I had that slime bucket now... :p
you don't actually need silk touch, just keep a seed row and a dirt row next to that that you visit often to hammer for shards

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
you don't actually need silk touch, just keep a seed row and a dirt row next to that that you visit often to hammer for shards
See, gotten so used to automating stuff, forgot all about laying a lawn and manually hammering it... :p

Reactions: YX33A

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

Good news!

Once you have "enough" blue slime you can melt it down in TiCo Smeltery, put a bucket in the casting bench, and get a bucket of blue slime that way.

I'm not sure if it's blue slimeballs or blue slimeblocks mind, you might have to try both.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A and Golrith

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
See, gotten so used to automating stuff, forgot all about laying a lawn and manually hammering it... :p
Oooooor, if you get a division sigil (kill a wither), you can then make unstable ingots (exciting!), and make a reversing hoe. Put that in one Autonomous activator, have stacks of dirt in another, then stand there with your hammer as they make grass blocks for ya.

Very simple! :p

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Good news!

Once you have "enough" blue slime you can melt it down in TiCo Smeltery, put a bucket in the casting bench, and get a bucket of blue slime that way.
You sure about that? I was pretty sure I tried it, and when it never started heating up just asked a friend to join my game, and get far enough in the quest line to choose the bucket.